Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
Did anyone have any update on AOR? Last time when i called they were working on September applicants. How much time will it take to just get an AOR? :mad:

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
jha190 said:
Hi All,

So I received my Open Work Permit on Monday it says issued 22/2/2016 (please update the spreadsheet). My passport expires October so I was only issued a permit until October. I have a new passport and although I stated it in my application that I would send proof in before the open work permit is issued I was not given any AOR so I was not able to.

How do I extend my work permit out to the full two years? Do I just send proof of my new passport and a letter of explanation? Or do I have to apply to extend my visa?
I'm on the same page.Got OWP issued until my old passport expires. Got new passport few months ago and it seems like we need to apply for a new OWP , so that means filling up application again +255$ and then wait 3 months..

jha190

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
MarioPavlovich said:
I'm on the same page.Got OWP issued until my old passport expires. Got new passport few months ago and it seems like we need to apply for a new OWP , so that means filling up application again +255$ and then wait 3 months..
Really?? Could someone please confirm this???

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
jha190 said:
Pretty sure nobody went through this situation on this forum,except me and now you .I asked for advice just a month ago on forum and couple people suggested to send application again +proper fees..
I also called CiC helpline and they told me to do the same thing . :-X

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Amour.Ashi said:
Hello,

I sent the Open work permit application with $155 fee. only one receipt. I saw your respond the sameday in the evening and realized we missed $100 fee. I called in the CIC and the agent told me to resend the application again as you are on implied status. This time make sure you include both receipts ( $155 and $100) and We did re submit and resend the whole application again and I made a note in the coverletter of the application submitted that we missed the receipt for $100 in the original application.

My question is : First application received on 16th Feb 2016 with $155 fee and Second application was received on 17th Feb 2016 ($155 +$100) two receipts (the original $155 and another $100). both the application has same $155 receipt. I did this because the CIC agent told me that they will simply return the original application that has missing payment. I just hope they don't refund $155 fee when they return the first application and upon processing of second application, they find out that they already refunded $155....and now only $100 remaining.

How does it work?

Any suggestions?

Should I send an email to CIC explaining the situation or just let it go?

Please advise.

Thanks
Ashi
CIC did not refund the fees. they just return you all your documents and whatever receipt.
When we resubmitted the work application we attached the original fee we had paid plus the additional fee we missed. I suppose that CIC expects you would resubmit your application and appropriate fees and does not refund unless you actually tell them you changed your mind, won't apply and would like a refund..

dee365

May 28, 2015
jha190 said:
That is correct. You are required to complete another application and pay $255.00 again. I got OWP for only one year even though my passport was valid for many years. So I had to reapply and pay again. Still waiting for new OWP. Applied in December 2015 since it expired in April 2016.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Hey folks, a few questions regarding ECAS.

1. Are the applicant and the sponsors UCI # the same? My wife (the applicant) has her's from her OWP. It is the same as her working holiday visa she got 1.5 years ago (which we expected). I am curious if mine will be the same, or an entirely different number.

2. For those who have received both their AOR and OWP already, is the Application Number the same on both?

The purpose of my questions is to know if I have enough information with OWP alone to view ECAS for the sponsor. I have read that the sponsor can expect to see information there prior to the applicant (is this true?) Thanks in advance for humoring me and my curiosity.

..just noticed there is a more specific ECAS thread, so I have posted there as well.

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Is there a chance that i could do an upfront medical examination? Or should i wait for a med request? Some friends were saying that upfront med is okay..
Thanks!
1st aor=oct 2015
owp= nov 2015
2nd aor= feb 29 2016

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
GlenL said:

1. Are the applicant and the sponsors UCI # the same? My wife (the applicant) has her's from her OWP. It is the same as her working holiday visa she got 1.5 years ago (which we expected). I am curious if mine will be the same, or an entirely different number.

2. For those who have received both their AOR and OWP already, is the Application Number the same on both?

The purpose of my questions is to know if I have enough information with OWP alone to view ECAS for the sponsor. I have read that the sponsor can expect to see information there prior to the applicant (is this true?) Thanks in advance for humoring me and my curiosity.

..just noticed there is a more specific ECAS thread, so I have posted there as well.
You will get your own UCI number.

jha190

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
MarioPavlovich said:
Pretty sure nobody went through this situation on this forum,except me and now you .I asked for advice just a month ago on forum and couple people suggested to send application again +proper fees..
I also called CiC helpline and they told me to do the same thing . :-X
Do you think I could apply for a new open work permit with my new passport, online??

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
Does anyone know that cic working on 2014 application yet? My application has been submitted for 20 months already but i have not update anying yet. Should i call to cic?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
pichratana said:
Does anyone know that cic working on 2014 application yet? My application has been submitted for 20 months already but i have not update anying yet. Should i call to cic?
If you applied Inland, check the 2014 thread. This is the thread for 2015 applicants :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.0.html

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
GlenL said:

1: No, the sponsor and the applicant have different UCI numbers, UCI = unique client identifier. if the applicant had a previous visa, He/She have a UCI number already. the sponsor gets his/her number on the AOR.

2: Yes, and as far as I know your UCI number never changes. the same one I got for my initial work permit is the same I have for my PR application and it is the same on my OWP from the spousal application.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
schonkatze said:
1: No, the sponsor and the applicant have different UCI numbers, UCI = unique client identifier. if the applicant had a previous visa, He/She have a UCI number already. the sponsor gets his/her number on the AOR.

2: Yes, and as far as I know your UCI number never changes. the same one I got for my initial work permit is the same I have for my PR application and it is the same on my OWP from the spousal application.
Thank you for the response! How about the application number? Beginning with "W" such as W900123123? Is it the same for OWP and/or applicant AOR and/or spouse AOR?