Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
crystallps said:
I've had a few mean ones and a few really nice ones... None of them were helpful. I've been told the same thing once a week since Feb 2nd: that I need to wait for a response on my case-specific inquiry (30 business days) or wait for the office to take action on that note (90 days). Other than writing to your MP, I don't think there is much we can do. Which sucks.
Yes. Exact same situation. It sucks and there is nothing we can do. I have talked with several agents too and actually never got a mean one and they all tell me the same thing. ugh

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
how can i change my address ? i have tried so many times to do it online but it always changes back to the old one ?

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
2015daisy said:
how can i change my address ? i have tried so many times to do it online but it always changes back to the old one ?
The address takes a few days to update after you changed it.

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
Health care cost can be pretty expensive for spouse who does not have OHIP. My spouse recently received her OWP but from what I understand, you cannot get OHIP until AIP or until you get a full time job. Any suggestions on how to cope with the cost of health care?

Thanks in advance.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Archenemy said:
Health care cost can be pretty expensive for spouse who does not have OHIP. My spouse recently received her OWP but from what I understand, you cannot get OHIP until AIP or until you get a full time job. Any suggestions on how to cope with the cost of health care?

Thanks in advance.
I have health insurance, in a 'travel insurance' kind of way with a travel insurance provider.

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
beans on toast said:
I have health insurance, in a 'travel insurance' kind of way with a travel insurance provider.
Have you made any health claims on that insurance? I bought 'travel insurance' for my spouse as well but from what I understand, they have the right to not extend your travel insurance after a claim. Does that mean that we should not claim for simple doctor consultation and save the insurance for hospitalization/emergency?

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
completed my medical exam yesterday 03/03/2016 kindly update my record

no AOR yet but advised to take the medical exam last 02/23. Good to hear that the doctor can see my information in the web when I am having a medical exam yesterday.

Cost
$ 200 doctor (physical and urinalysis)
50 blood chem
60 xray
310 TOTAL medical exam

Thanks

jha190

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Hi All,

So I received my Open Work Permit on Monday it says issued 22/2/2016 (please update the spreadsheet). My passport expires October so I was only issued a permit until October. I have a new passport and although I stated it in my application that I would send proof in before the open work permit is issued I was not given any AOR so I was not able to.

How do I extend my work permit out to the full two years? Do I just send proof of my new passport and a letter of explanation? Or do I have to apply to extend my visa?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Archenemy said:
Have you made any health claims on that insurance? I bought 'travel insurance' for my spouse as well but from what I understand, they have the right to not extend your travel insurance after a claim. Does that mean that we should not claim for simple doctor consultation and save the insurance for hospitalization/emergency?
I have claimed on it - however 2 things:
First, i go to a free doctors clinic service (on a Friday morning) if i have any concerns over anything minor-ish. This has no impact on my travel/health insurance
Second, i recently banged my knee up playing soccer and the insurance wouldnt pay for a MRI scan (as it was exploratory and not an 'emergency') although they did pay $500 for the physio treatment.
I took out cover for a 6 month period, so i currently still have coverage, but after this i will see if they increase my premium or has happened in the past they will not covers omething i declare to have had treatment on previously (in this case my knee).

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
I have one more query:

I got engaged (to Canadian citizen) and then applied for Student visa. But I didn't mentioned on Visa I am engaged.

I came Canada on student visa and got married. Now I am filing Spouse application. Can I mentioned that I got engaged before student VISA?

Or would it be negative why I didn't mentioned earlier?

I am eagerly waiting for your response.

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
simonjsf said:
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since a note was sent for me. I called this morning and they still have no update :(
Good news! I received my AOR few minutes ago :)
I'm still waiting for my OWP

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Case-specific inquiry was a was a bust. All it said was that the call centre agent I spoke to on Feb 2nd took action and I need to wait 90 days for a response. What a joke. At this rate, I am honestly wondering if it would be better to withdraw everything and restart with an outland app.

Faolchu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
Sent mu appication Dec 20 2015,was recieved Dec 23 2015.all going well ''i should recieve my OWP next month as I sent that in the application?

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to join other October applicants in celebrating the arrival of the OWPs! My husband received his on Feb. 26th - it was processed on Feb. 19th. Huzzah! :)

Quick question though: since the OWP says it does not authorize re-entry into Canada, does this mean my husband cannot leave Canada at all in the next two years?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcura said:
Just wanted to join other October applicants in celebrating the arrival of the OWPs! My husband received his on Feb. 26th - it was processed on Feb. 19th. Huzzah! :)

Quick question though: since the OWP says it does not authorize re-entry into Canada, does this mean my husband cannot leave Canada at all in the next two years?
He can certainly leave if he wants to, but the OWP will not be enough to guarantee that he will be allowed to re-enter. This is why Inland applicants are cautioned not to leave Canada, because their re-entry cannot be guaranteed (with or without an OWP) and if they are denied...the application is toast.