+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
Hi All - quick question, I am applying for Open Work Permit for my wife and would like to know the fee i need to pay --
1) Open Work Permit Holder fee $100.00
2) Work Permit (including extensions) – Maximum of $465 for group of 3 or more entertainers applying at the same time and place $155.00

I guess its the first one, but just want to be sure of.

Also for applying spouse sponsor visa for my wife, which all fee should i pay -

Family Class

1) Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
2) Principal applicant $475.00
3)Principal applicant who is under 19 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship $75.00
4) Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant, or where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older $550.00
5) A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner or A family member of the principle applicant who is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition $150.00
6) Fee subject to a transitional provision - Family member of the principal applicant who is under 22 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship OR is 22 years of age or older who is unable to be financially self-supporting due to physical or mental condition $150.00
7) Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

is it 1, 2, 4 and 7 ?

Thanks in advance!!

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
roy1107 said:
Hi All - quick question, I am applying for Open Work Permit for my wife and would like to know the fee i need to pay --
1) Open Work Permit Holder fee $100.00
2) Work Permit (including extensions) – Maximum of $465 for group of 3 or more entertainers applying at the same time and place $155.00

I guess its the first one, but just want to be sure of.

Also for applying spouse sponsor visa for my wife, which all fee should i pay -

Family Class

1) Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
2) Principal applicant $475.00
3)Principal applicant who is under 19 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship $75.00
4) Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant, or where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older $550.00
5) A family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner or A family member of the principle applicant who is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition $150.00
6) Fee subject to a transitional provision - Family member of the principal applicant who is under 22 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship OR is 22 years of age or older who is unable to be financially self-supporting due to physical or mental condition $150.00
7) Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00

is it 1, 2, 4 and 7 ?

Thanks in advance!!
For the work permit, it is both 1 and 2 ($255 total).

For the Permanent Residence visa, it is 1, 2 and 7 ($1040 total). Technically 7 can be paid later on in the process, so if that's helpful to you, you can consider that.

To confirm, is your wife in Canada currently, and how is she in Canada (visitor visa, etc..)?

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
GlenL said:
For the work permit, if she currently has a work permit of some sort it is both 1 and 2 ($255 total). An example would be if she currently has a working holiday visa, or something along those lines.

For the Permanent Residence visa, it is 1, 2 and 7 ($1040 total). Technically 7 can be paid later on in the process, so if that's helpful to you, you can consider that.

To confirm, is your wife in Canada currently, and how is she in Canada (visitor visa, etc..)
Hello Glen - Thanks for the reply.

She is Canada on tourist Visa and i am going to apply for her inland spouse referral visa.
I guess for application i need to pay 1 and 2 only and would need to pay 7 once i get the approval.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
roy1107 said:
Hello Glen - Thanks for the reply.

She is Canada on tourist Visa and i am going to apply for her inland spouse referral visa.
I guess for application i need to pay 1 and 2 only and would need to pay 7 once i get the approval.
The Work permit would be $255, up front cost for Permanent Residency is $550 (1 and 2 on your list), and the 'Right of Permanent Residency' $490 can be paid later. Can't recall exactly when, but well towards the end of the process. The common suggestion is to pay OWP separately from the other payments, so they have different receipts.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
What is your intended occupation? If you are planning to work with sick people or even the country you are from they may require medical in those feilds. Otherwise I am not sure what that means. They might also be randomly selecting a few people to send their medical now. How long have you been in Canada?

Jambs said:
Mine is a little bit weird Application date Nov 2. Got an email from CIC indicating my UCI and App No plus an attachment that I need to undergo the medical exam within 30 days. I checked my status online both for PR and OWP but its not in the system.

Anyone with the same situation that I have?

Thanks.

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Application update

November 4th applicant

Just found my OWP in mail. Issued on 17/02/2016.
Good luck to those waiting. It will come soon.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Fly2016Canada said:
Hello sophieee,
Just to clarify, I have a notion that Police certificates have to bent sent along with the application(as far I can remember, Original Police certificates were mandatory documents in the checklist, Medicals were optional) while medicals can be sent later. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.
I don't know of anyone who would have got in trouble due to not sending the Police Certificates with the application. It is necessary only for the second stage of processing. Furthermore, there are countries where you are not able to apply for Police Certificates, only if CIC requests it. So, in some cases it is not even possible to send the PC with the original package.But of course, if you are able to do it, it is always better to send everything at once, it lessens the chance that it will be lost/misplaced.

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Now that i got OWP im confused about one thing. Since OWP doesn't authorize re entry. Given im from a visa exempt country , should i apply for a extension to my visitor visa which expires in April ?
Would having a visitor visa make it easier for me to travel in and out of Canada or it wont make any difference ?

Thanks

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
riz.1 said:
Now that i got OWP im confused about one thing. Since OWP doesn't authorize re entry. Given im from a visa exempt country , should i apply for a extension to my visitor visa which expires in April ?
Would having a visitor visa make it easier for me to travel in and out of Canada or it wont make any difference ?

Thanks
There's quite a lot of discussion on this forum regarding this, even in the last few weeks. The jist of those discussions is, you now have authorization to stay in Canada (with your OWP), replacing your visitor visa, if that was your only legal status in Canada. Coming in to Canada, however, is always at the discretion of the border officer. Hence the comment on the OWP 'This does not authorize re-entry'. Being a holder of an OWP isn't the same as holding a PR card, or a Canadian Passport.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
riz.1 said:

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Here's a link from CIC that makes it "simple". They say:

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

a valid passport or other travel documents,
a valid work permit or study permit, if you need one, and
a valid visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you need one.
If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

In your case, you just need the passport, your newly acquired work permit, the eTA as of March 15 and provide no reason for the border officer to deny your entry.

Regarding the eTA, you automatically received it along with your Work Permit, so you should be ok (as per the below link)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=206&top=16

crystallps

May 21, 2015
GlenL said:
That is correct. Work permit would be the single fee of $155, up front cost for Permanent Residency is $550 (1 and 2 on your list), and the 'Right of Permanent Residency' $490 can be paid later. Can't recall exactly when, but well towards the end of the process. The common suggestion is to pay OWP separately from the other payments, so they have different receipts.
Just curious why you're saying the OWP would be only $155? It doesn't sound like OP's wife currently has a work permit and she is only on a tourist visa. If you are applying for PR inland with an OWP app, you also need to include the $100 for the OWP holder fee. Beware that your application will likely be returned to you if you do not pay the correct amount of $255.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
Just curious why you're saying the OWP would be only $155? It doesn't sound like OP's wife currently has a work permit and she is only on a tourist visa. If you are applying for PR inland with an OWP app, you also need to include the $100 for the OWP holder fee. Beware that your application will likely be returned to you if you do not pay the correct amount of $255.
Exactly!

That `holder fee/money grab' must be paid as well, else the OWP form is likely to be returned.

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
GlenL said:
Here's a link from CIC that makes it "simple". They say:

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

a valid passport or other travel documents,
a valid work permit or study permit, if you need one, and
a valid visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you need one.
If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

In your case, you just need the passport, your newly acquired work permit, the eTA as of March 15 and provide no reason for the border officer to deny your entry.

Regarding the eTA, you automatically received it along with your Work Permit, so you should be ok (as per the below link)
Hi Glen. Thanks ever so much for your valuable response. It makes sense. I did read it on the forum about ETA being automatically included in work permits issued after March 15th 2015. Despite having an ETA I also understand entry is on the discretion of border agency officer. Which on a normal day should not be an issue.
Well thanks a bunch for your detailed reply on this. It is much appreciated.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
riz.1 said:

Thanks
...Notwithstanding the information at the following 2 links, which are in regards to your 'in progress' Permanent Residence application. While you do have a valid passport, valid work permit, etc.. a border officer could question you further, and wonder what you would do if your Permanent Residence application was denied. If you have no money, and nowhere to live in your home country, they could choose to deny you. The links below are written more as a guide for the border agents, but I found these links particularly helpful in understanding their perspective.

My wife recently came back from home (I posted her experience earlier today) and I was worried about her ability to cross the border. As a result of my research, and these links, I suggested she bring some recent mail from Ireland back to Canada with her, as I thought that would be pretty good proof of ties to Ireland if she REALLY got questioned. She had bank statements etc.. at the home that is still available to her in Ireland if PR was denied. None of that was necessary at all, but was good to be informed and prepared.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp (a link at the bottom of this page labeled 'permanent residence in progress' leads to the second link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

Sorry for all the responses! I just spent a lot of time recently investigating this, and found the info in many different places. Thought it wouldn't hurt to put it all here for everyone's benefit (and/or further discussion)

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Ponga said:
Exactly!

That `holder fee/money grab' must be paid as well, else the OWP form is likely to be returned.
Yes! You (and crystallps) are absolutely correct. I will edit my post so as not to confuse others.