02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Good Day to all!!! :)

I submitted my Inland together with the work permit application last November via UPS.
Received in CIC Nov 2 with email trail from UPS. From Nov 2 up to yesterday no news from CIC until I checked my email this afternoon.

An automated message from CIC with my UCI and Application # plus an attachment that I need to take the medical checkup not later than 30 days from now.

Question: is this the AOR that we all expecting?

Hoping this will put some hope to everyone who are still waiting for a response from CIC.

Thanks.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
sophieee said:
I've added you, thanks for sharing.
It's still not too late to change your mind, withdraw the inland app and apply outland. For someone from the UK it would be so much faster.
Additional great news for Oct/Nov applicants (and me!)

Nov 2 applicant OWP received!
Received Feb 23
Issued Feb 17
Valid until Feb 17, 2018

No AOR (checking ECAS with every number, including the newly received Application Number, for both myself and my wife)

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
simonjsf said:
Im an Oct 2 applicant. I called this morning again to see if there were any updates regarding my open work permit. The agent I spoke to said that there is still no file created for my open work permit. It's been 4 months and 3 weeks. Should I send a case specific enquiry? This is getting very frustrating? She also said they are working on AOR for Sep 28 applications.
I sent a case specific enquiry an hour ago, I hope it helps!

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Jambs said:
Good Day to all!!! :)

I submitted my Inland together with the work permit application last November via UPS.
Received in CIC Nov 2 with email trail from UPS. From Nov 2 up to yesterday no news from CIC until I checked my email this afternoon.

An automated message from CIC with my UCI and Application # plus an attachment that I need to take the medical checkup not later than 30 days from now.

Question: is this the AOR that we all expecting?

Hoping this will put some hope to everyone who are still waiting for a response from CIC.

Thanks.
Random that you share the submission date with me, and we posted something on this forum at the same exact moment.. I received OWP in the mail today, but nothing else. I'm not certain what the information you received means, however I believe requests for medical are usually much much later in the process. Perhaps somehow you've jumped the line? Or it's something else altogether. I hope it turns out to be fantastic news for you though!

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
GlenL said:
Random that you share the submission date with me, and we posted something on this forum at the same exact moment.. I received OWP in the mail today, but nothing else. I'm not certain what the information you received means, however I believe requests for medical are usually much much later in the process. Perhaps somehow you've jumped the line? Or it's something else altogether. I hope it turns out to be fantastic news for you though!
I have no idea but having a letter coming CIC is a good start to know that they are already processing it... Hope to receive my OWP soon.

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Hi guys! How are u doin all?

What month would i expect a medical request? Were planning to go for a vacation to the Philippines for 3 weeks and im scared that the cic would email us for a medical request..

Anybody could estimate a guess.. Thanks!

Inland Application: july 2015
Aor: oct 13 2015
Owp: oct 30 2015

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi,

I applied(my wife sponsored) for Inland spouse sponsorship in August 2015. We didn't got any AOR but can see the status online using the UCI # etc.

Can anyone tell us what is the best method of submitting the police certificates since we do not have a file #

Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anneecarillo said:
Hi guys! How are u doin all?

What month would i expect a medical request? Were planning to go for a vacation to the Philippines for 3 weeks and im scared that the cic would email us for a medical request..

Anybody could estimate a guess.. Thanks!

Inland Application: july 2015
Aor: oct 13 2015
Owp: oct 30 2015
If I had to guess, I would say ~ December of this year.

Medical (and PCC) are actually needed after you receive AIP, which currently takes ~ 17 months. Hopefully, that timeline will decrease.

You are aware of the risk of leaving Canada with an Inland application, right?

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Ponga said:
If I had to guess, I would say ~ December of this year.

Medical (and PCC) are actually needed after you receive AIP, which currently takes ~ 17 months. Hopefully, that timeline will decrease.

You are aware of the risk of leaving Canada with an Inland application, right?
Im just using my 2weeks holiday vacation that my employee has given to me.. I guess that it will not affect my application since i have an owp..? Dont scare me :eek: :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anneecarillo said:
Im just using my 2weeks holiday vacation that my employee has given to me.. I guess that it will not affect my application since i have an owp..? Dont scare me :eek: :(
It was not my intent to scare you...only to remind you that:

1. An Inland applicant is advised not to leave Canada during the process, because if your are denied re-entry for some reason, your application will be in jeopardy.

2. An OWP does NOT guarantee re-entry (and it even says so right on the OWP).

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Ponga said:
It was not my intent to scare you...only to remind you that:

1. An Inland applicant is advised not to leave Canada during the process, because if your are denied re-entry for some reason, your application will be in jeopardy.

2. An OWP does NOT guarantee re-entry (and it even says so right on the OWP).
yes that's right, OWP is not valid for re-entry to Canada, unless you have 'VALID' TRV or visa I think you are good to go. but if you don't have TRV then that would be a big problem.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
GlenL said:
Additional great news for Oct/Nov applicants (and me!)

Nov 2 applicant OWP received!
Received Feb 23
Issued Feb 17
Valid until Feb 17, 2018

No AOR (checking ECAS with every number, including the newly received Application Number, for both myself and my wife)
as In WOW! that's a great news to all November applicants. I think they are now processing November OWP application. I hope December applicant will be process soon!

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
erwinjohn997 said:
yes that's right, OWP is not valid for re-entry to Canada, unless you have 'VALID' TRV or visa I think you are good to go. but if you don't have TRV then that would be a big problem.
Yep i renewed my TRV as well last dec 2015.. I just need to fix some personal things in our country thats why im taking risk to go for a vacation..

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello Everyone.

October 5th 2015 applicant for sponsorship and owp (sent together to Mississauga) so I called last week to know whats going on and they sent an email to the Mississauga offices to find out whats happening with my OWP. I called today and told me they haven't got any reply from the Mississauga office yet. I have no idea what to do other than wait but to be honest this situation sucks so much. Is there anyone else on the same boat? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond to the CIC email?

Thank you so much! And good luck to you all!

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
mskeeta said:
Hello Everyone.

October 5th 2015 applicant for sponsorship and owp (sent together to Mississauga) so I called last week to know whats going on and they sent an email to the Mississauga offices to find out whats happening with my OWP. I called today and told me they haven't got any reply from the Mississauga office yet. I have no idea what to do other than wait but to be honest this situation sucks so much. Is there anyone else on the same boat? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond to the CIC email?

Thank you so much! And good luck to you all!
Hi Mskeeta, I am an Oct 13th applicant and I was told on Feb 16th that my OWP had been entered into the system (after the call centre agent sent a note to Mississauga regarding my app),but my PR had not been (I sent them together to Mississauga as well).
When I called yesterday, I was told there had been no updates on my app and all I could do is to wait. I am constantly worried and I can't sleep,the way the sent out AOR and issue OWP is so erratic and it frustrates me so much...
Maybe instead of an email, you can suggest the agent to send a note to them? I still haven't received my OWP or AOR but at least now I know that my package has not been lost...