Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Daisyli122 said:
Hi Mskeeta, I am an Oct 13th applicant and I was told on Feb 16th that my OWP had been entered into the system (after the call centre agent sent a note to Mississauga regarding my app),but my PR had not been (I sent them together to Mississauga as well).
When I called yesterday, I was told there had been no updates on my app and all I could do is to wait. I am constantly worried and I can't sleep,the way the sent out AOR and issue OWP is so erratic and it frustrates me so much...
Maybe instead of an email, you can suggest the agent to send a note to them? I still haven't received my OWP or AOR but at least now I know that my package has not been lost...

Hi. I meant to say a note and not an email and they said that they have no updates. They say different things every time so I have no idea where I stand. I'm constantly worried too. The first time I called the agent could see they had my sponsorship but not my OWP which is weird since they were in the same envelope. And thats why they sent a note last week. I called today and the agent said that they had not received any response from Mississauga. It's so frustrating.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
mskeeta said:
Hi. I meant to say a note and not an email and they said that they have no updates. They say different things every time so I have no idea where I stand. I'm constantly worried too. The first time I called the agent could see they had my sponsorship but not my OWP which is weird since they were in the same envelope. And thats why they sent a note last week. I called today and the agent said that they had not received any response from Mississauga. It's so frustrating.
That's so strange...the call agent told me that the reason why they only had my OWP in might be that the PR team was behind...lol.
how they work is really the biggest mystery..the only thing we can do is just to wait and hope for the best ( while preparing for the worst..)

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
mskeeta said:
Hello Everyone.

October 5th 2015 applicant for sponsorship and owp (sent together to Mississauga) so I called last week to know whats going on and they sent an email to the Mississauga offices to find out whats happening with my OWP. I called today and told me they haven't got any reply from the Mississauga office yet. I have no idea what to do other than wait but to be honest this situation sucks so much. Is there anyone else on the same boat? Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond to the CIC email?

Thank you so much! And good luck to you all!
Hello mskeeta,
There have been cases in the past where the OWP app is in the system and sponsorship is not , sometimes vice versa as well. Even I am an Oct'2015 applicant, believe me I was totally frustrated as there were no updates from CIC, but doesnt do us any good. Patience is the key. Few of the Oct/Nov applicants have got their OWPs earlier this week. We might be next in the line. Good luck to you and all !!

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Daisyli122 said:
That's so strange...the call agent told me that the reason why they only had my OWP in might be that the PR team was behind...lol.
how they work is really the biggest mystery..the only thing we can do is just to wait and hope for the best ( while preparing for the worst..)
I agree with you Daisyli122, no one quiet understands how CIC works. Dec applicants have been the luckier ones to get their AORs much earlier than the prior applicants.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
GlenL said:
Additional great news for Oct/Nov applicants (and me!)

Nov 2 applicant OWP received!
Received Feb 23
Issued Feb 17
Valid until Feb 17, 2018

No AOR (checking ECAS with every number, including the newly received Application Number, for both myself and my wife)
Congrats for your OWP..
AOR timelines are not that consistent, so as long as you have your OWP, you should be least worried about the AOR for sponsor. Within 17 months from the time you applied, you might receive AOR any moment. Hope going forward the time taken comes down reasonably enough!!

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
anneecarillo said:
Yep i renewed my TRV as well last dec 2015.. I just need to fix some personal things in our country thats why im taking risk to go for a vacation..
Hello anneecarillo ,
My situation is slightly similar to yours, hence I have few questions. While I was in visitor status, I applied for OWP along with the sponsorship application. However I did not apply for any TRV and meanwhile while waiting for OWP, my visitor status expired. I now have implied status, but my question is do we need to apply for TRV if we are planning to go for a short vacation or is my visitor visa which was issued with multiple entries just enough?

Also, if you are successfully going for a trip and allowed entry back to Canada, please share with us your experience:)

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
sophieee said:
Medicals and Police Checks can be sent later.
Hello sophieee,
Just to clarify, I have a notion that Police certificates have to bent sent along with the application(as far I can remember, Original Police certificates were mandatory documents in the checklist, Medicals were optional) while medicals can be sent later. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
Application Update

November 4th Applicant
My husband received his OWP yesterday and it says it was issued on February 18th. Haven't got any AOR yet but it was a good surprise to see in mail yesterday. Hope everyone get theirs soon.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding medical. So I sent in my application 3 months ago, but I am thinking of doing my medical this week or next week. How can I make sure it gets to CIC for sure and I am able to do that?

If anyone has done the same , please advise on how to go around it. We decided to get my medical done because we plan on starting a family soon so we don't want to wait for CIC because it's very unpredictable.

Thank you

Fly2016Canada said:
Hello sophieee,
Just to clarify, I have a notion that Police certificates have to bent sent along with the application(as far I can remember, Original Police certificates were mandatory documents in the checklist, Medicals were optional) while medicals can be sent later. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
Angiebaks said:
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding medical. So I sent in my application 3 months ago, but I am thinking of doing my medical this week or next week. How can I make sure it gets to CIC for sure and I am able to do that?

If anyone has done the same , please advise on how to go around it. We decided to get my medical done because we plan on starting a family soon so we don't want to wait for CIC because it's very unpredictable.

Thank you
Hello Angiebaks ,

If you have already received AOR and got a file no# with you, you can send in the medicals even before the CIC's medical request. Otherwise, in my opinion, you should at least wait until your AOR.
May be the seniors in this forum could give a better advice:)

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
jims_89 said:
Application Update

November 4th Applicant
My husband received his OWP yesterday and it says it was issued on February 18th. Haven't got any AOR yet but it was a good surprise to see in mail yesterday. Hope everyone get theirs soon.
That's a very pleasant surprise. Thank you for updating, it gives us hope..:) Congrats!!

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Thank you for the quick reply ..
Yes I received AOR and have my file # from CIC, should I send it through case specific inquiry??

Fly2016Canada said:
Hello Angiebaks ,

If you have already received AOR and got a file no# with you, you can send in the medicals even before the CIC's medical request. Otherwise, in my opinion, you should at least wait until your AOR.
May be the seniors in this forum could give a better advice:)

Jambs

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg MB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-04-2016 / OWP 23-02-2016 / SA 01-06-2016 / DM 14-07-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Mine is a little bit weird Application date Nov 2. Got an email from CIC indicating my UCI and App No plus an attachment that I need to undergo the medical exam within 30 days. I checked my status online both for PR and OWP but its not in the system.

Anyone with the same situation that I have?

Thanks.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Fly2016Canada said:
Hello anneecarillo ,
My situation is slightly similar to yours, hence I have few questions. While I was in visitor status, I applied for OWP along with the sponsorship application. However I did not apply for any TRV and meanwhile while waiting for OWP, my visitor status expired. I now have implied status, but my question is do we need to apply for TRV if we are planning to go for a short vacation or is my visitor visa which was issued with multiple entries just enough?

Also, if you are successfully going for a trip and allowed entry back to Canada, please share with us your experience:)
My wife just returned from a trip so I will share her experience with you all. She had an emergency trip to Ireland (her home country) because her grandmother passed away. She left on Feb 15, and returned Feb 21. I did not go with her (I'm a Canadian citizen, and her sponsor) and I was really worried about her 'in process' inland application, and the potential to have it cancelled. I was more worried because her current visa (IEC Visa) only had 5 months remaining on it, in my opinion that would be more reason for a border officer to ask questions. Unbeknownst to us, her OWP was already issued at that point, we just hadn't received it in the mail (we did yesterday).

She arrived in Toronto and walked up to the border services desk. She had everything in her had to hand to the officer, before they asked (Passport, landing card, work visa and boarding card for her onward flight to Calgary). She said hi, the border services agent looked at the documents, first glanced at the IEC Visa then asked her where she lived, she answered, next he asked where she works in Calgary, she answered, next he asked what she does there, she answered. He handed back the IEC Visa, then glanced at the landing card and asked the reason for such a short trip, she answered (grandmother passed), then he scribbled on her landing card, stamped her passport (same page as all other Canada entry stamps, so he would have noticed them) handed everything back, and said have a nice day. My wife is sure he didn't look at his computer at all (not sure what they can even see there). Super simple easy process, and away she went.

It's worth noting, my wife wasn't nervous at all, only I was, sitting at home sweating. She would not have been demonstrating any nervousness or anything like that, which may have prompted them to ask questions further. She also noted that it wasn't very busy, all lines were open, and it appeared it may have only been her flight (from Dublin) and maybe one other flight going through at the same time. It went very quickly.

I'm not suggesting this means everyone can travel. We should consider, and are reminded often, if a border agent sees a reason to deny you, or is otherwise having a bad day, you could be denied entry. It seems to me it happens rarely, however any trip you are considering is a risk, so stay put if you are able to. I hope this helps!

Glen