12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Hi everyone, I found this forum very helpful and informative. :-*

My inland+OWP applications were received on Nov 16th 2015, but I've got trapped by that rediculous hidden "$100 OWP Holder Fee"... :(
On another word, I only paid $155 to my OWP.

However within the package I also attached a $490 receipt (supposed to the RPRF), so my question is: would the OWP process team deduct the $100 OWP Holder Fee from this $490, or they would only accept a receipt with exact $100 then just return my OWP application without processing it? (In such case I'll be losing my status in Canada because my visitor status has expired on mid December).

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

dee365

May 28, 2015
zhuerma said:
Hi everyone, I found this forum very helpful and informative. :-*

My inland+OWP applications were received on Nov 16th 2015, but I've got trapped by that rediculous hidden "$100 OWP Holder Fee"... :(
On another word, I only paid $155 to my OWP.

However within the package I also attached a $490 receipt (supposed to the RPRF), so my question is: would the OWP process team deduct the $100 OWP Holder Fee from this $490, or they would only accept a receipt with exact $100 then just return my OWP application without processing it? (In such case I'll be losing my status in Canada because my visitor status has expired on mid December).
Thanks in advance for all your comments.
I'm not an expert but since there is a possibility that your OWP app may be returned due to insufficient fees you should apply to extend your status as visitor. I believe you have 90 days from the expiry of your visitor status to get the extension done. So extend your visitor status ASAP. If you lose status then you will have to wait I think 17 months before you can apply for OWP.

map76

Jul 15, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Please update spreadsheet. Work permit received in the mail February 2nd~

Thank you~!

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
mirko86 said:
Thanks,so they dont say ''first stage'' in letters? :) I found this in my letter today:

''This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 15/05/2015.''

MayaM

Jan 17, 2016
Hey everyone, it looks like they are finishing up the August applications.
I finally got my owp after over 5 month!
App received Aug 25th
OWP received Feb 05th

Good luck and quick processing times everyone =)

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
Hey all, my OWP was in the mail on January 29th, yay. It's a 2 year as expected.

I did get another letter from CIC today though saying that there's a problem with my application. I've been assigned a application number and I have 30 days to send the corrected docs to them, unfortunately I don't know what's wrong with them so I'll have to call them tomorrow.

They said that my additional family information was incomplete, I can only think that it's because I didn't mark any 'N/A' after my brother. So Section C has one line with my brother's info and then the rest are left blank. I had nothing for Section B so had put N/A across the first lines there.

They also said that I was incomplete with every month of my personal history. I was very thorough with this as I've been around! I'm wondering it's because I went for example 2013 05 to 2013 09 and then 2013 10 for my next line rather than 2013 09 once again.

I really hope they can pinpoint the problems when I call tomorrow, but definitely relieved that they didn't send the whole thing back.

Vanessa313

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2015
Med's Request
March 2016
Med's Done....
March 2016
dose anyone know if we can receive pre-natal benefits it is a provincial program?

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Oct 13th Applicant, couldn't help calling CIC again today ( the 4th time...)
My app has not been entered into the system.They told me to check again in a month...
My PGWP expires on May 11...I really hope I can hear from them before that (although the call center agent assured me that I would still have implied status, if it really takes that long).

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
Daisyli122 said:
Oct 13th Applicant, couldn't help calling CIC again today ( the 4th time...)
My app has not been entered into the system.They told me to check again in a month...
My PGWP expires on May 11...I really hope I can hear from them before that (although the call center agent assured me that I would still have implied status, if it really takes that long).
Sep 28 Applicant, just got my AOR on Feb 6. No news about OWP. Seems like its taking about 5 months now to get the OWP but since your PGWP expires in May, there's still plenty of time. The call center agent will not do anything before the 4 months have passed since you applied. I do suggest you call again after Feb 13.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Archenemy said:
Sep 28 Applicant, just got my AOR on Feb 6. No news about OWP. Seems like its taking about 5 months now to get the OWP but since your PGWP expires in May, there's still plenty of time. The call center agent will not do anything before the 4 months have passed since you applied. I do suggest you call again after Feb 13.
Congrats on the AOR!
Thank you for sharing the info :)

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
I'm trying to call CIC to find out what the errors are on my application that I need to fix but I'm getting 'we're experiencing a high volume of calls and can't connect you to an agent' Call again later.

Lovely.

EmmaW

Feb 21, 2014
Re: INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 - Any kiwi's being spouse sponsored?

I put my PR application in Feb 2015. I had previously been on an IEC, met my partner and extended my stay till I got my application for Spouse sponsorship ready and sent. Now I dont have a status at the mo as I was told that once you have an application in that I can still stay under the support of my spouse. So we are still waiting a year on and I really need to start working! Being supported by my spouse currently. Is ANYONE going thru this????

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
dee365 said:
I'm not an expert but since there is a possibility that your OWP app may be returned due to insufficient fees you should apply to extend your status as visitor. I believe you have 90 days from the expiry of your visitor status to get the extension done. So extend your visitor status ASAP. If you lose status then you will have to wait I think 17 months before you can apply for OWP.
Thank you very much dee365, yes it is my biggest concern of the possibility that my OWP app may be returned due to insufficient fees.

Regarding when I will lose my status in Canada and be given the 90 days to restore it, I have read the CIC website, it seems to me that they still give the 90 days even the applicant is under implied status (which is my case), so if they return my OWP app with telling me the fees are insufficient, then I can still suppliment the proper OWP fee together with the status restoration app within 90 days. am I right?
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Requirement details

90 Days

• Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.
The reason why I'm not going to apply for status restoration right now, is because I still want to wait and see if they will deduct my fee from the $490 payment and process my OWP app, or simply contact me to pay the extra $100 during my OWP app is under progress.

Thank you very much.

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
Sponsorship application sent August 2015. AOR received November 2015.
Applied for OWP separately October 29, 2015. Received OWP today ! Valid until February 2018.
Please update the sheet. :D
Lost status and had to apply for restoration of status in July 2015 due to the fact we missed the $ 155 OWP fee ...

Hharpreet

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
(
PSTSC said:
Sponsorship application sent August 2015. AOR received November 2015.
Applied for OWP separately October 29, 2015. Received OWP today ! Valid until February 2018.
Please update the sheet. :D
Lost status and had to apply for restoration of status in July 2015 due to the fact we missed the $ 155 OWP fee ...
).

HI PSTC, I ALREADY LOST MY status due to less fess and expire passport . Can u tell me please Did u apply for restoration within 90 days or after .