+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I am an Oct 13 applicant,haven't heard anything from CIC.Nothing shows up in CAS.
I've been calling CIC every week for 3 consecutive weeks now.
I got the same answers every time saying that they can't look my files up because they're still sending out AOR to applicants who handed in their app before or on Sept 21...it's very frustrating and I am getting really worried...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisyli122 said:
I am an Oct 13 applicant,haven't heard anything from CIC.Nothing shows up in CAS.
I got the same answers every time saying that they can't look my files up because they're still sending out AOR to applicants who handed in their app before or on Sept 21...it's very frustrating and I am getting really worried...
You've answered your own question. ;)

September 21st is before Oct 13th...right?

Give yourself a few weeks off, before calling them again.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Ponga said:
You've answered your own question. ;)

September 21st is before Oct 13th...right?

Give yourself a few weeks off, before calling them again.
it was not exactly a questions...I guess I was just venting my frustration and anxiety...lol...I just don't quite understand how they just stay working on apps sent in on Sept 21 for 3 weeks and haven't moved forward yet...

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Daisyli122 said:
Stop worrying. There is no point. Stop calling too. It takes around 4 months to hear. When it reaches Feb 13, call, until then don't bother as they won't tell you anything.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Daisyli122 said:
it was not exactly a questions...I guess I was just venting my frustration and anxiety...lol...I just don't quite understand how they just stay working on apps sent in on Sept 21 for 3 weeks and haven't moved forward yet...
They receive 1000's of apps per month so it takes a while! I was the same as you but remind yourself you aren't the only person, there are plenty of other people in the same position. With CIC, patience is key. No point stressing over something you cannot control.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
Daisyli122 said:
My application was received on Oct. 19, 2015. I haven't received my AOR or OWP. It's going to take at least 4 months, maybe more. When I spoke with the CIC yesterday, the agent informed me that they're working on applications up to Sept. 29. I completely understand the stress, as I'm in a constant state of freaking the f*ck out, but there's nothing we can do other than read and post on immigration forums.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
mollybloom said:
My application was received on Oct. 19, 2015. I haven't received my AOR or OWP. It's going to take at least 4 months, maybe more. When I spoke with the CIC yesterday, the agent informed me that they're working on applications up to Sept. 29. I completely understand the stress, as I'm in a constant state of freaking the f*ck out, but there's nothing we can do other than read and post on immigration forums.
Thank you...the call centre agents are not even consistent with the info they give.. .but Sept. 29th sounds slightly more comforting than 21st.... :)

Roseakhil

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 22-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 26-07-2016
File Transfer...
In-Process- 05-08-2016
Med's Request
AOR2 - 08-08-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Passport returned- 27-02-2017
Hello Friends,

I will be getting married in April 2016 and my Fiance is a PR holder. I have a valid visit visa for Canada. Please guide me if I can travel to Canada on my Visit Visa after marriage and then apply as Inland applicant.

Thanks in advance!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Roseakhil said:
Hello Friends,

I will be getting married in April 2016 and my Fiance is a PR holder. I have a valid visit visa for Canada. Please guide me if I can travel to Canada on my Visit Visa after marriage and then apply as Inland applicant.

Thanks in advance!
You might want to make your own thread and ask for advice, more people will likely see it that way. Depending on the country you're from, outland could be the better option for you as it tends to be much faster (inland is taking about two years right now, no less) and you can appeal if your application is denied. However, you don't get an OWP and you need to maintain your status by extending your visitor status in Canada. I personally don't have enough experience to give you a good answer as to whether or not your plan will likely work out.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello people today i recievd file number for pemanent resident in my e mail,but several months ago my wife(sponsor-inland)) recivd for her.Im confused.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
mirko86 said:
Hello people today i recievd file number for pemanent resident in my e mail,but several months ago my wife(sponsor-inland)) recivd for her.Im confused.
depending what else it says on the mail. but generally the sponsor gets the first e-mal with their numbers, and after the first stage the applicant (sponsored) gets theirs, and the second stage of the processing starts. so to me seems like your Sponsor got approval and now they are gonna do your part of the checks...

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
schonkatze said:
depending what else it says on the mail. but generally the sponsor gets the first e-mal with their numbers, and after the first stage the applicant (sponsored) gets theirs, and the second stage of the processing starts. so to me seems like your Sponsor got approval and now they are gonna do your part of the checks...
Thanks,so they dont say ''first stage'' in letters? :) I found this in my letter today:

''This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 15/05/2015.''

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I just received my study permit in the second week of January'16 ( I'm already in Canada). I would be getting married this month and soon applying for my permanent residency & Work Permit (under Spousal Sponsorship). Just wanted to know, if would still need to attend school (take up the program) or is it okay to stay in Canada until I receive my work permit?

Could somebody please advise?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
I received my new Korean Police Check (it took me 3 months to get it from Korea - thanks to everyone who contributed advice and documentation!!), and would now like to send it in to compliment my submission from March 2015. I have received AOR with my application number, so i will send my document and a covering letter. But to where?

Thanks in advance!

Amour.Ashi

Jan 11, 2016
mollybloom said:
I called the CIC this morning and the representative said they're processing up to September 29. The CIC received my application on Oct. 19, 2015, but I haven't received an AOR. In fact, my application hasn't even been added to the system. So frustrating.
Hello everyone,

We have received our AOR number. It came through yesterday, Feb 04, 2016. They are processing applications received by Sept 29th, 2015. Hang on and good luck everyone!!

Thanks,
Ashi