Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
*Update from my OWP (received on 27th July). I called last week, the agent said nothing show up under my name for OWP, so he will send
a note to the office about my application.

I called CIC today. I told her it has been 4 months, I would like to know the status of my OWP. She said they mailed my OWP on 30th Nov.
She said to keep an eye at my two mail boxes since I have residential and mailing addresses. She also said to give it about 6 weeks
before I should call in again if my OWP hasn't arrived in the mail in case it gets lost or something, because that is how much time the office needed,
to find out if something went wrong.

My feelings are mixed up about the response. haha.

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
HI guys i have an inland application in and now i need to get a contact number for Mississauga as they sent me correspondence which i never received the 1 888 242 2100 number is of no help . Dose anyone on this site have a number i can use asap as this is more added stress and worry thanks for taking the time to read my post .

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
NadiaVan said:
*Update from my OWP (received on 27th July). I called last week, the agent said nothing show up under my name for OWP, so he will send

I called CIC today. I told her it has been 4 months, I would like to know the status of my OWP. She said they mailed my OWP on 30th Nov.
She said to keep an eye at my two mail boxes since I have residential and mailing addresses. She also said to give it about 6 weeksbefore I should call in again if my OWP hasn't arrived in the mail in case it gets lost or something, because that is how much time the office needed,to find out if something went wrong.

Haha! I'm happy to hear you have confirmation but I know what you mean about the comments! If I were you I would try to ignore the 6 weeks part and assume you will get your permit in the normal postal time. If it doesn't come within a reasonable timeframe I would call again anyway. I expect parcels from my mum living on the other side of the world to take 6 weeks not something within Canada! I'm sure you will receive it as a Christmas present!

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
irritated said:
HI guys i have an inland application in and now i need to get a contact number for Mississauga as they sent me correspondence which i never received the 1 888 242 2100 number is of no help . Dose anyone on this site have a number i can use asap as this is more added stress and worry thanks for taking the time to read my post .
As far as I know going through the call center is the ONLY option if you want to contact CIC

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
NadiaVan said:

She said to keep an eye at my two mail boxes since I have residential and mailing addresses. She also said to give it about 6 weeks
before I should call in again if my OWP hasn't arrived in the mail in case it gets lost or something, because that is how much time the office needed,
to find out if something went wrong.

well at least you got confirmation, that's something =). Congratulations !

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Okay! Finally got AOR this morning. The standard email including a UCI for sponsor and application file#. No access to ecas yet though.

For spreadsheet update: AOR received December 4th, 2015.

I don't expect to hear anything from CIC for a year or more from now. Though as we get closer to that point plan to send additional documents/meds to hopefully get SA/AIP/DM all at the same time if lucky.

Graceeunhye

Oct 21, 2015
Hello everyone!!

I have a good news!! FINALLY AND MAGICALLY, I recieved my OWP today!
My app recieved on July 28, AOR recieved on October 21!
I didn't call to cic even though my 4month has been passed.

I hope that everyone who still waiting for OWP get yours soooon!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Graceeunhye said:
Hello everyone!!

I have a good news!! FINALLY AND MAGICALLY, I recieved my OWP today!
My app recieved on July 28, AOR recieved on October 21!
I didn't call to cic even though my 4month has been passed.

I hope that everyone who still waiting for OWP get yours soooon!
Excited for you! It seems they got a bit back-logged.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
Okay! Finally got AOR this morning. The standard email including a UCI for sponsor and application file#. No access to ecas yet though.

For spreadsheet update: AOR received December 4th, 2015.

I don't expect to hear anything from CIC for a year or more from now. Though as we get closer to that point plan to send additional documents/meds to hopefully get SA/AIP/DM all at the same time if lucky.
The call centre agent told me that in AOR email, the UCI number is for the sponsor. So, put in the sponsor details when you log in with UCI number. And the Application number is for the applicant, so put in applicant's details when you log in with application number. Applicants will get their own UCI number when they received the OWP.

---------------------------------------
Thanks Neee and KirstyCanada! I hope everyone's OWP will be on their way too.

Ruby_ruby

Dec 5, 2015
Hello Seniors,

I applied for an inland application September 30 2015 and CIC received it on 2nd Oct 2015. I applied for an open work permit with my inland application and have not received any email from CIC yet. My visitor visa is expiring on 31st December 2015 and I was just writing this to get suggestion or advise from you guys if I should apply for visitor visa extension or not. If I don't apply for any extension will I be allowed to stay in Canada on implied status as I have already applied for my inland application and owp. Please advise.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Good evening everyone, I have some good news too...I have received my OWP :D

However, I am slighty annoyed at the same time. My application was received on Aug 5th, the 4 months would have been today. I had previously called CIC to just be told call after 4 months, fair enough I understand that so I was going to call on Monday. The bit that peed me off was, my wife emailed our lawyer yesterday to see if he could contact CIC for an update on the OWP. She received an email back within 5 minutes saying the OWP is at the lawyers office and had been for a just over a week and they had tried to contact us, we didn't receive notification! I raced over there to get it, I'm over the moon to finally have the OWP.

Anyway the great news is I have it, wohooooo!!!
For the spreadsheet, the date of issue says November 13th.

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
It seems CIC already done with OWP application received on July 27-Agu 5. Mine received on July 30, but I got a medical exam request :eek:

Anyway I done the medical as they asked. maybe the clinic needs another 10 days to upload my medical result.

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Hello everybody. .Hope you all are doing great? I have a question. I keep hearing that you can't leave Canada if your permanent resident application is under process. I want to know if this restriction is only for people that applied for permanent residence under the spousal stream or is it for everyone. I don't seem to find any evidence about this on CIC website. I have a valid open work permit and a valid multiple entry visa and according to the information I found at the CIC website, it shows I won't have any issues going on short vacation. Can someone throw more light on this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=248&t=28
Check the link too. Thanks

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Markito said:
Just wanted to share the good news...We also received our OWP last Friday. App received @ CIC Aug 5th.
Congrats on your good news.
Is there any July applicants still waiting for OWP ?