+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
sophieee said:
You can have only one UCI, so yes, you can use that to track, but it takes time (few months) to get into the system, and there is no confirmation regarding the OWP, you can check only the PR app.

You can apply for a study permit, but be prepared for the international fees.
If you live in Ontario, and if you get a study permit, you only have to pay domestic fees.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Linus0 said:
Could you update the spreadsheet :)
Finally got AOR today November 28th, application received Sep 2nd 2015 (I originally thought it was received the 3rd) thanks!
Ack, yours was received 6 days after mine and I still don't have AOR...what is going on in this world, haha.. :p

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
NadiaVan said:
Hi,

My PR application was received on 27th July (Got the AOR on 20th Oct). Since it has been four months they received my application,
I wonder what has happened to the OWP application. I called CIC and the agent told me he cannot see anything about OWP under my
name (sounds like he was looking at a screen or something). He said he will send a note to the office regarding my OWP application.
I said to him "how may I know about the office's response towards my application?" He said I will know it by mail. And I said
"Do you know how long will it takes to get mail?". He said he doesn't know.

Well that is how much I know about the status of my OWP. Few people posted earlier about not getting any news about their OWP
application and their received date is about the same time as mine, late July- early August. I hope everything will go well.

I also sent visa extension application which I haven't heard anything at all too (now it is 2 months after I sent it).
So bummed with not knowing what is happening to your application.
Hi
I have the almost same timeline with you. I sent my application on 30 July, got AOR on 22 Oct, then nothing at all, fingers crossed for my OWP.
I also sent extent my stay application and heard nothing.

So, don't worry! I think we are with the majority.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
berylia said:
Hi
I have the almost same timeline with you. I sent my application on 30 July, got AOR on 22 Oct, then nothing at all, fingers crossed for my OWP.

So, don't worry! I think we are with the majority.

Thanks, a bit calming to know that other people on the same boat too. Hope we will hear from the OWP soon.

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
berylia said:
Hi,

we got also almost the same timeline, I sent my visa extension application around the 25th of July and became last week on Friday my new visitor record in the mail, you will hear from cic very soon. No OWP yet for me, lets hope it arrives soon !

good luck to all of you :)

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
Any news for Sept. 2015 applicants .. AOR or OWP .. the spreadsheet is not updated ? .. My Application received Sept. 18th ::)

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Mbazinga said:
Any news for Sept. 2015 applicants .. AOR or OWP .. the spreadsheet is not updated ? .. My Application received Sept. 18th ::)
Not yet! Mine was received on 22nd of Sept.. I'm looking forward to receiving OWP and AOR as my Christmas gift!!! Good luck to everyone and hope you can update the status soon!

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
zeloyyy said:
Not yet! Mine was received on 22nd of Sept.. I'm looking forward to receiving OWP and AOR as my Christmas gift!!! Good luck to everyone and hope you can update the status soon!
Application was received on 31st July so 4 months officially end today. Planning on calling CIC tomorrow for an update. Will keep all posted.

rnch15

Aug 24, 2015
Hi Everyone! I have a few questions. We sent our inland spouse sponsorship last July 15, 2015 without OWP application. No medicals were done upfront since we're rushing to get the application sent before the expiry of the validity of police clearance. We did send the OWP last Sept. 14, 2015. We got an e-mail of AOR Oct. 3, 2015. No update yet on the OWP. My visitor extension is expiring on March 2016. My questions are:

- Is it advisable to send a medical before they ask for it. If so, do I need to send two copies of it one for OWP since in my OWP i wrote that I would be in the healthcare field and the other for the spouse sponsorship.
- We are also expecting a baby by May 2016 and someone told my husband that you can write an appeal to expedite the process. Is this true and has anyone know of a similar situation? and what did you tell CIC?
- Since I don't have the OWP yet, is it also advisable to re-extend my visitor visa. I did the paper application initially for this and probably do the online one. Is the online visitor extension easy to do?

Thanks in advance for the help and to Sophiee, pls. add me to the list too.

Preeti_Kaur

Jul 27, 2012
sophieee said:
If you leave Canada in December, you will get new visitor status when you are coming back (I'm sure you are aware of the risk of being denied). But if you don't leave, you have to send something to extend to status (apply for an OWP or for the visitor extension). The PR application itself doesn't give you implied status.
If CIC won't continue the pilot project, then you will be apply to apply for an OWP only after the first stage approval.
You should check the FAQ regarding Alberta health care.
Thank you Sophie. I am very stressed as my six month stay expires on December 10. Do I have enough time to apply for an extension? Or should I apply for an OWP instead. I haven't received any AOR from CIC yet. My application for Inland Spousal Sponsorship was sent on Sept. 11. Please advise. I just want to do the right thing.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
malikhashmi said:
Application was received on 31st July so 4 months officially end today. Planning on calling CIC tomorrow for an update. Will keep all posted.
Update: Called CIC. The agent confirmed that all paperwork was in place and 4 months have passed so the AOR and OWP should be processed. He was going to flag it and let the backoffice people know. How long will it take - he didnt know and couldnt predict either.

Its just a wait game from this point; will call again in 2 weeks if nothing comes through.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
malikhashmi said:
Update: Called CIC. The agent confirmed that all paperwork was in place and 4 months have passed so the AOR and OWP should be processed. He was going to flag it and let the backoffice people know. How long will it take - he didnt know and couldnt predict either.

Its just a wait game from this point; will call again in 2 weeks if nothing comes through.
Thanks for the update. So, basically they tell you that you have to wait 4 months to then be told to carry on waiting for an undisclosed amount of time.

Did they say if there were notes on your OWP file?

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
malikhashmi said:

thanks for the update, I will also call soon and will keep you updated.

I am now wondering, is it true that the 1 year OWP program will come to an end on December 22, 2015 ? So does that now mean, that as long as we submitted our work permit applications before 22th of Decemeber we will be fine ?

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
BritRam said:
Thanks for the update. So, basically they tell you that you have to wait 4 months to then be told to carry on waiting for an undisclosed amount of time.

Did they say if there were notes on your OWP file?
It basically means that they will only flag for a followup once the 4 month mark has been crossed. There were no notes on the file for OWP. However following are the things he mentioned:
1) for some reason, OWP and PR application were filed on separate dates. Need to confirm with the lawyer why thats the case even though the agent wasnt worried about this.
2) consider getting status renewed of visa as my 6 month temporary resident visa expires in december
3) should have a UCI number (even though AOR has not been received). Not sure how that works!

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
Hey everyone - I called today as well - the OWP and sponsorship applications were both visible on my profile - the agent said that the OWP had still not been issued but that she couldn't see any notes or reason for it not be accepted. She has sent a note to the office for an update but mainly said that I should just wait. There seems to be a few of us in the same boat and there is no logical reason that our OWP's won't turn up eventually like they did for everyone else. I'm sure that before we know it we'll be laughing with tears of relief with beers, tea or lemonade!