+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
matt_bilbo said:
:D I literally look like this right now. My work permit came through today, August 5th received at CIC, valid from 13th November for 2 years. Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for the help so far. I was one of the not paid full amount people, that's a few in the last week or 2 on this forum alone. I wish everyone all the best that is still in limbo.. Currently enjoying a celebratory beer.
CONGRATS! Really happy for you, as a fellow August 5th applicant I am hopeful mine will come through within the next few days.

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
matt_bilbo said:
:D I literally look like this right now. My work permit came through today, August 5th received at CIC, valid from 13th November for 2 years. Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for the help so far. I was one of the not paid full amount people, that's a few in the last week or 2 on this forum alone. I wish everyone all the best that is still in limbo.. Currently enjoying a celebratory beer.
Congrats matt_bilbo!! I am reading your post and others and getting a very good feeling that I will be getting my OWP in the next couple of days!! (August 11 applicant - with the correct fee :p)

On other updates I received the corrected letter from CIC which i have to submit to Quebec office to get my CSQ from them. So getting on completing that form and mailing it in this week!

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
sophieee said:
Your lawyer doesn't seem to be so knowledgeable...
If she attached an explanation letter and some proof that you applied for PR with the OWP app, then it should be fine.
She told me that she would send PR applications first and after two weeks she would send OWP application. I think she's aware PR application should be on CIC's system before my OWP application is processed.

I came to Canada with a visitor visa. When I applied for a visitor visa, I was given a UCI number. Can I use this number for tracking my RP application and OWP application or will CIC give me another UCI number ?

In the worst situation that I could not get OWP, can I apply for a study permit within from inside Canada to go to a college here?
If I do not get OWP, I don't know what I will do in 17 months so I want to be back to school for 2 year computer science diploma.
Thank you so much.

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
matt_bilbo said:
Congrats and cheers ! ;) also wishing everybody here all the best and hopefully our work permits will arrive very soon, being in limbo really sucks but hey .... always when I`m feeling really down I think to myself that all is good, cause I can be with my hubby, and that is what counts in the end. Wishing everyone a great weekend ! :)

Preeti_Kaur

Jul 27, 2012
So, I've been reading a lot on this forum and every time, I feel I have all the answers, something comes up that leaves me confused again. It's been extremely helpful but this whole process is just so overwhelming and stressful.

I am in Canada on a visitor visa. Entered Canada on June 10, 2015 so technically I am allowed to stay for six months. We hired a lawyer and my application for PR (inland application) was sent on September 11. The lawyer mentioned that there had been some issues with other clients, so he did not include an application for an OWP. I do understand from the forum that it takes a while until you first hear from CIC, however, at this moment, my concern is if I can stay beyond the six months time frame? Will I be in implied status whether we get an AOR from CIC or not? Do I need to apply an extension before my six month stay expires?

If I get an AOR next month and I sens an application for an OWP before the OWP pilot program expires, will I still be eligible for an OWP?

Also, I might be traveling with my husband to the States "at my own risk" close to the end of December and will be coming back to Canada. If everything goes well at the border, can I get Alberta Healthcare coverage for six months? (I read something somewhere but don't remember exactly). Do you usually get Health Care with an OWP?

Lots of questions and queries. Mind is a haywire.

Thanks for all the input.

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
hi im a usa citizen whom is currently in Canada visiting my wife for a few months..we are currently working on a spousal visa for me.. but now are trying to do an owp now.. weve bee married for almost 6 months now.. but have dated for a few years and have the doc to show this.. im supposed to leave jan 2016.. but were trying to find a way for me to stay longer so as i dont have to go home.. so my question is will the owp work for this as i have a needed trade.. just no job overs as i havent tired looking yet... or should i do a ext to stay longer?? until we can get last of information in for spousal visa?? thank you for any advice

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Cheers guys! mad rush into Calgary yesterday to do my SIN, Health care and Drivers License. start work tomorrow! All the best to everyone still waiting.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
matt_bilbo said:
Cheers guys! mad rush into Calgary yesterday to do my SIN, Health care and Drivers License. start work tomorrow! All the best to everyone still waiting.
So what type number of WP are they giving?
I'm asking because I'm in Ontario and I've read that a lot of people with WP type 27 did not get Ontario health coverage.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
schonkatze said:
I'm asking because I'm in Ontario and I've read that a lot of people with WP type 27 did not get Ontario health coverage.
mine is a type 27, no questions asked whatsoever for my Alberta Health... form was done in 2 mins and coverage starts within 2-3 business days, get card in the mail within 2 weeks.

Vanessa313

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2015
Med's Request
March 2016
Med's Done....
March 2016
Is rent assistance considererd social assistance that is not allowed?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
matt_bilbo said:
mine is a type 27, no questions asked whatsoever for my Alberta Health... form was done in 2 mins and coverage starts within 2-3 business days, get card in the mail within 2 weeks.
I sent you a PM! I'm in Calgary too and had a Q about the health coverage :)

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
schonkatze said:
I am also an Ontario applicant - do I qualify for OHIP after getting OWP? Also, I got my G license 2 weeks ago - didnt need to wait for OWP or AOR for getting that. MTO confirmed that I should get my license as I couldnt drive on my international license. So for those in Canada on a visitor visa and in waiting for PR - go ahead and get your license!

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question, I am Canadian citizen recently completed my studies and working part-time while searching for my filed job.

My husband is an international student and I wanted to sponsor him.

In this situation am i eligible to sponsor him, I am afraid how I'll meet spouse sponsorship criteria for income.

Kindly share your experiences.

Regards

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Hi, everybody!

I have a doubt. I have a TRV valid until 2018. The category of my TRV is " visitor" ( and that was my first status in Canada).

Now, I have an OWP, so, my status changed to " worker" .

Do I need to renew my TRV in order to change category ?

I have looked up for this information on CIC website, but I can't find.

Thanks !!!

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone
I ve been a silent reader for a last couple of days and decided to enrol today. You guys are doing a great job in providing all the very valuable info.

Following is my situation and a questions

I'm a british citizen and a new inland applicant. Application + owp app sent on 3rd Nov and received on 4th Nov. My 6 months entry visa will expire on early April 2016. I do not have any dependents nor a representative hence did not include visa representative form part nor additional dependants part with my application.
I read somewhere that they can return applications back due to not including additional dependant page with the application ?

Would it mean my application would be returned ?

What implication would it have on my owp application specially since the pilot prog is thought to be expiring In late December this year ?

What's the best course of action i can take right now ? Can I send additional dependant form with 'not applicable' written now to be inuded in my application pack ?
Also how do o go about being added 2015 timeline ?

Please help I am really confused at the moment
Thanks