+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
It was PGWP, Can I ask you any reason for that? Because most of people i know did the same thing & extended their stay as a worker with the implied status.

\
Ponga said:
What type of work permit did you have and when did it expire?

If it was PGWP or IEC, continuing to work before your receive the OWP could be a problem.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeloyyy said:
It was PGWP, Can I ask you any reason for that? Because most of people i know did the same thing & extended their stay as a worker with the implied status.

\
This has been a topic of much debate here.

Since a PGWP cannot be extended, the majority here say that a person cannot [legally] continue to work under implied status, because that would mean that the previous WP had, in essence, been extended.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Oh I see your point. Well everything is already sent so i guess i should wait and see until i get my visa. Really no clear answer for this on CIC Website, that is why people are debating here. Although it does not make any sense when CIC grants the right to work to any other applicants with PGWP (CEC, FWP..) for their waiting time but not for the family class. They should come up with some plans for PGWP people here. We had the education and everything..

I wonder anyone ever had a problem with PGWP and is not able to have implied status...

Ponga said:
This has been a topic of much debate here.

Since a PGWP cannot be extended, the majority here say that a person cannot [legally] continue to work under implied status, because that would mean that the previous WP had, in essence, been extended.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeloyyy said:
Oh I see your point. Well everything is already sent so i guess i should wait and see until i get my visa. Really no clear answer for this on CIC Website, that is why people are debating here. Although it does not make any sense when CIC grants the right to work to any other applicants with PGWP (CEC, FWP..) for their waiting time but not for the family class. They should come up with some plans for PGWP people here. We had the education and everything..

I wonder anyone ever had a problem with PGWP and is not able to have implied status...
Here's another thread discussing this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/starting-new-job-under-implied-status-t279746.0.html

Ambiguity is something very near and dear to CIC...apparently.

We've seen people that have continued to work and those that chose not to, due to this debate. A recent example would be a member by the name of bankerguy, from the INLAND 2014 thread I believe, who opted to err on the side of caution.

There have also been some that were told at their landing interview/appointment that it was determined that they were working without authorization. In extreme cases, a person had been denied PR at the landing because of this.

I am NOT saying that to scare you, rather simply sharing information on this subject.

IMO, it's ridiculous beyond belief!

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Oh yea, thanks for the comments. No I am not scared or anything, what i have done is based on a reasonable knowledge i had with comments from the immigration lawyer that who helped to go through the process. It is not up to us to guess what their policies are. No one should guess. Looks like this topic brings a quite bit of debates among people then i sure think that it is something they should come up with a clear guild-line.

One question, do you know whether people UCI Number changes ever? Do they (CIC) have an access to know anyhow if i didn't write my UCI Number on a new application? Just curious.

Ponga said:
Ambiguity is something very near and dear to CIC...apparently.

We've seen people that have continued to work and those that chose not to, due to this debate. A recent example would be a member by the name of bankerguy, from the INLAND 2014 thread I believe, who opted to err on the side of caution.

There have also been some that were told at their landing interview/appointment that it was determined that they were working without authorization. In extreme cases, a person had been denied PR at the landing because of this.

I am NOT saying that to scare you, rather simply sharing information on this subject.

IMO, it's ridiculous beyond belief!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
zeloyyy said:
Oh yea, thanks for the comments. No I am not scared or anything, what i have done is based on a reasonable knowledge i had with comments from the immigration lawyer that who helped to go through the process. It is not up to us to guess what their policies are. No one should guess. Looks like this topic brings a quite bit of debates among people then i sure think that it is something they should come up with a clear guild-line.

One question, do you know whether people UCI Number changes ever? Do they (CIC) have an access to know anyhow if i didn't write my UCI Number on a new application? Just curious.
Your UCI number does not change. It is the same for life. If you havent put one in, dont worry. They will match your UCI with current visa.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
We sent our PR applications and OWP application last month but we did not put them all in a package. Instead, we sent PR applications to CIC office in Mississauga and OWP application to CIC in Vegreville. My lawyer did that on behalf of us even I told her that I read somewhere on CIC website that we are encouraged to put OWP application along with PR applications in the same package and sent it to CIC in Mississauga. Is there any problem with my lawyer's method ?

I am worrying that due to the lack of signatures on one form or out of date forms, my applications for PR will be sent back to us after December 22nd, 2015. If that happens to us and CIC does not extend the pilot OWP program, we will miss the chance to get OWP, right? Is there anything we can do if that happens to be able still get OWP? or do we have to wait until we get AIP ?

I'm quite sure we paid $255 for OWP. Actually, my lawyer did not update information and she thought that $155 is enough for OWP. I had to insist that a new fee ($100) had came out this March and $255 is now correct fee for OWP. She checked this later and confirmed we should pay $255, not $155 as she thought. We had paid $255 before we sent OWP application. I also told her that please check forms to make sure they are updated ones but I forgot reminding her to check signatures on forms and fee for PR application ($1040 right? my wife sponsors me only and we have no kid).

Thank you for your help .

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Hello, anyone knows or can point me to a thread where CBSA deferral gave 60 days for AIP but no update received in the 60 days? What to do please? next step?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedwife said:
Hello, anyone knows or can point me to a thread where CBSA deferral gave 60 days for AIP but no update received in the 60 days? What to do please? next step?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

See the bottom of page 71.

This document was updated in May of this year, and according to the information on page 71 the CBSA deferral IS still in place. :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Your lawyer doesn't seem to be so knowledgeable...

chuphuc said:
We sent our PR applications and OWP application last month but we did not put them all in a package. Instead, we sent PR applications to CIC office in Mississauga and OWP application to CIC in Vegreville. My lawyer did that on behalf of us even I told her that I read somewhere on CIC website that we are encouraged to put OWP application along with PR applications in the same package and sent it to CIC in Mississauga. Is there any problem with my lawyer's method ?
If she attached an explanation letter and some proof that you applied for PR with the OWP app, then it should be fine. Hopefully by the time someone will check the OWP app you will be already in the system with your PR app.

chuphuc said:
I am worrying that due to the lack of signatures on one form or out of date forms, my applications for PR will be sent back to us after December 22nd, 2015. If that happens to us and CIC does not extend the pilot OWP program, we will miss the chance to get OWP, right? Is there anything we can do if that happens to be able still get OWP? or do we have to wait until we get AIP ?
This is the worst case scenario, but yes, if your app got returned AND the pilot project is not extended then you will have to wait till AIP.

chuphuc said:
I'm quite sure we paid $255 for OWP. Actually, my lawyer did not update information and she thought that $155 is enough for OWP. I had to insist that a new fee ($100) had came out this March and $255 is now correct fee for OWP. She checked this later and confirmed we should pay $255, not $155 as she thought. We had paid $255 before we sent OWP application. I also told her that please check forms to make sure they are updated ones but I forgot reminding her to check signatures on forms and fee for PR application ($1040 right? my wife sponsors me only and we have no kid).
That's the right amount.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
:D I literally look like this right now. My work permit came through today, August 5th received at CIC, valid from 13th November for 2 years. Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for the help so far. I was one of the not paid full amount people, that's a few in the last week or 2 on this forum alone. I wish everyone all the best that is still in limbo.. Currently enjoying a celebratory beer.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:
:D I literally look like this right now. My work permit came through today, August 5th received at CIC, valid from 13th November for 2 years. Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for the help so far. I was one of the not paid full amount people, that's a few in the last week or 2 on this forum alone. I wish everyone all the best that is still in limbo.. Currently enjoying a celebratory beer.
Congrats!

I suspect you'll look more like this :p in about an hour...and more like this :-\ tomorrow morning.

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Ponga said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

See the bottom of page 71.

This document was updated in May of this year, and according to the information on page 71 the CBSA deferral IS still in place. :)
Amen!!! Thank you. Lovely

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
Congrats!!

Its good to hear you got your OWP!! I still haven't called Call center to verify how they did with my $100 yet but it seems they took the $100 from landing fee(that's what the call center agent's guess). I will probably call them next week.

I am looking for a job now so happy and unhappy :p