Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
kylie255 said:
Help Please!!!

Me and my bf submitted an application for common-law sponsorship together with an OWP application last week. (Delivered 11/13/15)
My work permit and TRV expires on January 2016.
The thing is we have a trip to Mexico on April next year.
& final payment for the trip is on Dec. 15, which is non-refundable.
Can I apply for a TRV extension so I can be assured that I can re-enter Canada on April? Or any suggestions please please!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Nobody can "assure" you will be re-entering Canada, even the WP says "This doesn't assure re-entry" at the end it will depend on the Officer at the port of entry.

kid-

Dec 21, 2014
kristen1234 said:
Great first post thanks so much for all that info!! Some of the links don't work though and I'd really like to read them.

Can you please clarify something for me, with the working holiday visas they do not get implied status for an inland application even if we apply for the OWP right? My partners swedish working holiday visa expires in jan 2016, do we need to do something to change his status to visitor? We are applying for inland common-law. With the pilot program how fast do the OWP get issued? assuming we fill everything out perfectly etc. If there is any way he can keep working please let me know!

Also how strict are they about receiving a new application 30 days before the visa expires?? We are frantically trying to get everything together to express post it to get there by Dec 2 since his visa expires Jan 2, is that an issue?
Hi, this is correct. The working holiday visa is not subject to implied status. Since he's Swedish, you can try and get him the young professionals visa. For that he will need an employer that is willing to employ him for the entire amount of the YP visa validity.

To change his status, mail or submit the application online BEFORE the expiration of his status. This will grant them the implied status as a VISITOR, so they cannot work during the processing time. This is what I did exactly one year ago (I'm from Finland, Sweden gives us a few of their WH visas each year). As long as you apply before the expiration date, there's no need to apply 30 days in advance.

As for the inland sponsorship + OWP: OWP takes around 4 months from date of receival to CIC to be issued. I called CIC today, and heard they mailed my OWP on the Nov 13th. My application was at CIC on July 15th. However, the OWP is a pilot program and we don't know if it gets continued into 2016. It started on Dec. 22nd, 2014 which MIGHT mean that's when it comes to a halt. So you should apply before Dec. 22nd just to be sure.

TL;DR: No, he cannot work after the holiday visa expires. However, he can stay in the country if you change his status to visitor. Apply before the expiration of their current visa, and then apply for the sponsorship + OWP. Hope this helps.

kristen1234

Nov 9, 2015
Kid - thank you for this. For the inland OWP the 30 day rule is strict tho right? Just if we are applying for a VP it can be anytime before expiry?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kristen1234 said:
Kid - thank you for this. For the inland OWP the 30 day rule is strict tho right? Just if we are applying for a VP it can be anytime before expiry?
No, the 30 days is not a strict rule. But still hurry to get everything together so it will be received well before Dec 22. That was the date when the one year pilot project was introduced, we don't know yet if it will be extended over that period.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Have any of the applicants got AOR or OWP that applied 1st August?

My application was received on 31st July and have not got any correspondence yet.

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
malikhashmi said:

My application was received on 31st July and have not got any correspondence yet.
If you have UCI number, try to log in using it on eCAS page. I haven't received AOR, but I'm able to see my application status there, I'm 12th August applicant.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Hey could you add me to the spreadsheet

Application sent : August 31 2015
Application received: September 3 2015
Medicals: not done
Criminal Check: not sent with application
OWP application: Sent with PR application
Current Residence: Montreal
Country of Origin: United States

(P.S I know processing times are shorter for american outland applicants but I needed the work permit)

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
malikhashmi said:

Hi, my application was received 28th of July, we got AOR on the 6th of November but no OWP yet, but in my case it might take a bit longer for the OWP, since cic sent me a additional document request, which I submitted now. Experts please, can anybody tell me, if that will have consequences on my waiting time for the OWP when in my background information was something missing ? Like I said, I sent the background informations again and am now desperately waiting for my OWP, but I guess it will take longer now, since the OWP goes hand in hand with the PR application ? thank you and best wishes to all of you, may the waiting have one day an end ;)

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
romaniangirl said:
If you have UCI number, try to log in using it on eCAS page. I haven't received AOR, but I'm able to see my application status there, I'm 12th August applicant.
I am assuming the UCI number comes with the AOR. Since i dont have the AOR, no UCI # and therefore cant track in eCAS. I guess just need to be patient and wait! My lawyer is going to be contacting CIC for a status update - will keep you guys posted.

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
malikhashmi said:
I am assuming the UCI number comes with the AOR. Since i dont have the AOR, no UCI # and therefore cant track in eCAS. I guess just need to be patient and wait! My lawyer is going to be contacting CIC for a status update - will keep you guys posted.
I had to apply for a visitor visa, this is why I already have the UCI number but if you're from a visa exempt country and PR is your first application with CIC, you have to wait for it.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
My visa expired 7th July - but I believe I can stay on for 6 months post visa expiry date. Is this the case?

When did your visa expire and when did you apply for another?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
malikhashmi said:
My visa expired 7th July - but I believe I can stay on for 6 months post visa expiry date. Is this the case?

When did your visa expire and when did you apply for another?
You have 90 days from the expiration date on your visa to restore your status. If that hasn't been done, you are out of status. The option would be to apply again. You most likely have to leave Canada to do that, but senior members should confirm on that.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Thanks for your comment.

According to what it says on my passport + visa, the visitor visa is valid for 6 months after entry into Canada. I will touch base with my lawyer to ensure the paperwork begins before the 6 month period ends.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
MaryLou6 said:
You have 90 days from the expiration date on your visa to restore your status. If that hasn't been done, you are out of status. The option would be to apply again. You most likely have to leave Canada to do that, but senior members should confirm on that.
Spoke to my lawyer - he confirmed that once we apply for PR from within Canada - the status is implied till the time a decision has been made. No further visa extention is required till the time CIC gives a decision. Please confirm if this is the correct understanding?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
malikhashmi said:
Spoke to my lawyer - he confirmed that once we apply for PR from within Canada - the status is implied till the time a decision has been made. No further visa extention is required till the time CIC gives a decision. Please confirm if this is the correct understanding?
If you submitted OWP with PR app then yes that is correct.