+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yun8123 said:
Hi, I hope everyone's OWP will come soon!

When I talked to Call centre agent last week, he told me my OWP was approved on 2Nov, but it hasn't been delivered to me yet.
Does anyone know how long will it take to be delivered?

I think that OWP is coming from Vegreville, AB. right?

Thanks
Ours got approved on October 15th, 2015 and we received it on October 21st, 2015
6days for us and we live in BC Vancouver

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Yun8123 said:
Hi, I hope everyone's OWP will come soon!

When I talked to Call centre agent last week, he told me my OWP was approved on 2Nov, but it hasn't been delivered to me yet.
Does anyone know how long will it take to be delivered?

I think that OWP is coming from Vegreville, AB. right?

Thanks
Hi Yun8123

What did you ask CIC agent, that they told you your OWP was approved on Nov 2? Whenever I have called them they say we cannot say anything until 4months are complete. Congratulations anyway!

Thanks
S

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Sunny Dua said:
Hi Yun8123

What did you ask CIC agent, that they told you your OWP was approved on Nov 2? Whenever I have called them they say we cannot say anything until 4months are complete. Congratulations anyway!

Thanks
S
Hi, Sunny,

Thanks! I know they don't give you answers well unless it has been more than 4 months. It was same to me but I called 4 times(second time, I asked my husband to ask. but he was told that they can't give answers). and 2 out of 4 answered my questions and kindly looked at my case. I guess we just need to be lucky to get answers from them. But I told them the same thing that I paid incorrect fee for my OWP and 1 agent looked up the case and told me to wait until the office contacts me. When I called last week, and I asked I paid $100 dollars and what should I do next. A kind agent looked at my case and told me it was approved!

I just got OWP today in mailbox and it was approved on 30th OCT. but no explanations for the $100. maybe as the last agent told me they took the 100$ out from my landing fee. I will call them on Thursday to verify.

Hi Sophiee!

Could you update me on timeline?
Applications received on 23rd July
AOR 16/OCT
OWP 30/OCT approved and delivered on 10NOV.

Thanks and good luck for everyone!

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Yun8123 said:
Hi, Sunny,

Thanks! I know they don't give you answers well unless it has been more than 4 months. It was same to me but I called 4 times(second time, I asked my husband to ask. but he was told that they can't give answers). and 2 out of 4 answered my questions and kindly looked at my case. I guess we just need to be lucky to get answers from them. But I told them the same thing that I paid incorrect fee for my OWP and 1 agent looked up the case and told me to wait until the office contacts me. When I called last week, and I asked I paid $100 dollars and what should I do next. A kind agent looked at my case and told me it was approved!

I just got OWP today in mailbox and it was approved on 30th OCT. but no explanations for the $100. maybe as the last agent told me they took the 100$ out from my landing fee. I will call them on Thursday to verify.

Hi Sophiee!

AOR 16/OCT

Thanks for the detailed reply Yun8123. Congratulations! Good to hear people are beginning to get OWPs again!

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I received my OWP in mail yesterday( 10th nov)
issued on OCT 30th & mailed on 3rd of Nov

good luck :)

Paulmori

Jul 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

In my ignorance I never looked at this thread while filling out my application and have only recently learned I could have applied for my OWP at the same time as my inland family class.

That being said, I am still patiently waiting for my AOR to arrive and it has been nearly 3 months since they received and signed for my application.

It looks like 4 months in the time frame most people have waited for their AOR, correct?

In relation to OWP, once I receive my AOR, do I simply fill out the OWP forms referencing my AOR and send it off to them, or how will the process work in my situation now?

Thanks in advance guys.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
Paulmori said:
Hi everyone,

In my ignorance I never looked at this thread while filling out my application and have only recently learned I could have applied for my OWP at the same time as my inland family class.

That being said, I am still patiently waiting for my AOR to arrive and it has been nearly 3 months since they received and signed for my application.

It looks like 4 months in the time frame most people have waited for their AOR, correct?

In relation to OWP, once I receive my AOR, do I simply fill out the OWP forms referencing my AOR and send it off to them, or how will the process work in my situation now?

Thanks in advance guys.
at the begining of the thread there is a link to a google doc with that information and more, i recommend you to check it.

acoording to that doc:
"You can submit a new OWP application as long as you have legal status (implied status counts). If you are out of status, you will need to get back into status before you can apply (through a restoration of status).
* One call centre agent said you can submit the OWP at the same time as restoration of status, but I'd suggest getting more confirmation first.
You must also reside at the same address as your sponsor to be eligible for an OWP.

The OWP will be valid for 2 year, or until your passport expires - whichever comes first.

Finally, mail your application and proof of payment to this address:
CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

If you don’t have your AIP you can only apply via paper and not online. Note, that the address for this kind of applications is different than the standard address for regular OWP applications.
"

Paulmori

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks schonkatze,

So I still currently have 8 months left on my current visa so I should be ok from the current status point of view. Also, I reside with my partner so all good there too.

I am confused about the last part of your comment however. I am unaware what AIP is? also, my family class visa was sent to CPC-M, in Mississauga, ON. Now for the OWP, it has to be sent to a different address?

Would this not slow down the process of attaching it to current application, as well as increase the risk of error?

Do you think I should apply for my OWP ASAP, or should I hold tough for my AOR to be received first?

Thanks again.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Great news Yun, especially considering the mispayment. I have yet to hear about mine. I did everything the same as you did plus a few steps more so hopefully I get the work permit to. Fingers crossed I have no faith whatsoever in the system so its all down to luck.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Markito said:
Says october 2015 but when you open it's April 2015
Can you let me know if it lets you generate the barcodes when validating, iv tried everything and can't get it to work. I'm on a mac

map76

Jul 15, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
lauralee15 said:
How does one get added to the Inland spreadsheet??
Hey Lauralee,

Just ask to be added to the spreadsheet and provide the necessary info. You can use what I posted as a template.
Good luck~^^

Please add me to the spreadsheet~

Application sent : September 22 2015
Application received: Sepetmber 23 2015
Medicals: Sent with application
Criminal Check: Sent with application
OWP application: Sent with PR application
Current Residence: Toronto
Country of Origin: South Korea

map76

Jul 15, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Yun8123 said:
Hi, Sunny,

Hi Sophiee!

AOR 16/OCT

pb21 said:
Hey guys,

I received my OWP in mail yesterday( 10th nov)
issued on OCT 30th & mailed on 3rd of Nov

good luck :)
Congrats Yun and pb~!
Still another 2 months before I get mine. Can't wait for it. Staying at home everyday is driving me crazy!!