Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Re: Confused with CIC email

aleguillen said:
Hi sophiee , I did read that post and they already sent me a second email. The first email had a mistake on the date, then the next day on Friday they sent me a new one apologizing for the mistake they made and that they fixed it, so I still need to send the new apps, and I did make some mistakes on my background declaration but now I am confused in how to do it. for example since I turned 18 from: 12-12-10 to 12-12-11 I was studying sciences at a university back home and from 12-12-11 to 12-08-12 I traveled to Canada and studied English ( during this time I went to the USA for 3 days) so how do I do this? do I have to explain month by month or just ''from- to'' I don't know if I am making myself understandable lol ( those dates are fake just to show an example of how I was doing it)
I'm not sure if I understand your question. You don't have to go month by month, if you did the same thing at the same place for a year or two, you can use only one row for that and indicate the from-to dates. Also, you don't have to include your vacations. If you studied at the university from 2011 to 2013 but went to short trips during the summers, you can just use the beginning and ending of your studies and write "studying" for a few years.
You may have overlapping periods though. For example, officially I was a university student in my home country while I spent 5 months with my now husband here in Canada. In this case I added two rows, one for my university studies, lets say 2010-09 - 2013-07 indicating my home country and "studying"; and another row like 2013-02 - 2013-07 saying I was here in Canada as a visitor. I attached an explanation letter in which I made it clear that I was here in Canada as a visitor, but I was enrolled at the university in Hungary and did my courses online. My addresses reflected where I was physically present at the time.
I hope it helps.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
oasis-yms said:
Just got my owp delivered today.
App delivered: 14 July
Aor: 1 Oct
Owp: 9 Nov
:)
Congratulations for your OWP....I sent in my application in July 20th...Haven't heard anything yet but optimistic about this or next week..G.L to all

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
HI new to this forum. Applied for my wife`s sponsorship end of feb. They received application on march 2nd 2015.

Started processing on 5th may 2015. I never recieved any acknowledgement, because when i checked online the address was wrong. I fixed the address. Last week i ordered for the file notes. I saw that a letter was sent on may 5th 2015 of an AOR. Applied for the work permit as well but after submitting the application.

IN the notes there was a very confusing thing in the Incoming messages this is what is said.

Incoming : !
created date :2015/05/05
creatded by : ******
Updated date : 2015/05/05
Updated by *****

Create office : ****
UCI : *********
Client parties : SPR
Item : CSQ
Due Date : 2015/11/03
Via:mail
status updated : *******
Lette ID : 1-******

i am just think maybe they asked us to apply for CSQ or sent us something with the acknowledgement letter. Really confused. We are in Quebec.

hollyboo

Oct 8, 2015
Yun8123 said:
Hi

I have missed paying $100 for OWP and I haven't gotten from my application back yet(My applications were delivered on 23 July).
and when I talked to CIC agent, he told me luckily my OWP apps were being processed in mid OCT and asked me to do NOTHING until the officer contacts us. so I waited for 2 weeks and I decided to pay my extra 100 with sending Case Specific Inquiry Online(We knew we wouldn't get the answers from them but I felt like I had to do something.)

then, I called CIC on 3, Nov asking I paid $100 and what to do next. An agent was very kind to look up my case(I called several times, but only 2 agents looked up my case, others told me to wait until it fulfills 4 months), and he told me that my OWP is approved on 2/Nov and wait until CIC contacts me for the 100 issue and explained that either they would have taken the $100 from my landing fee(I paid $1040 including landing fee for spousal sponsorship apps) or they would ask us pay extra $100 but I already paid it so just keep the receipt.

I guess I was an unusual case of insufficient OWP fee issue, so I thought it would be good to share with others here.
I am so relived that my OWP is not returned. since the agent told me it is approved so it wouldn't be returned, would it?
I haven't gotten the mail from them yet. I'm expecting to get it next week.

Has anyone had the same thing happened?

hope the best for everyone here

congratulation for your lucky experience. I underpaid my application fee too, however, i called several times and they would not help checking my case and just told me to wait. I would lose my job if they return my cases so I'm very anxiously waiting. It's good to see your case so I have a little hope on mine ;)

kid-

Dec 21, 2014
Hi all, when you call the Call Centre, which option do you select to check if all is good with the OWP? I tried calling them this morning, but got stuck on the automated service that asked me for my WP document number - obviously I don't have it, that's why I'm calling ;D I tried selecting the 'check your application status' and then 'temporary foreign worker' and 'PR' - neither of them worked. What am I doing wrong? Any help?

Applied July 11th 2015, received on July 14th. AOR Oct 2. My medicals have been received, and application too. Worried that there's something wrong with the OWP since it's been 4 months.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
VraiVie said:
HI new to this forum. Applied for my wife`s sponsorship end of feb. They received application on march 2nd 2015.

Started processing on 5th may 2015. I never recieved any acknowledgement, because when i checked online the address was wrong. I fixed the address. Last week i ordered for the file notes. I saw that a letter was sent on may 5th 2015 of an AOR. Applied for the work permit as well but after submitting the application.

IN the notes there was a very confusing thing in the Incoming messages this is what is said.

Incoming : !
created date :2015/05/05
creatded by : ******
Updated date : 2015/05/05
Updated by *****

Create office : ****
UCI : *********
Client parties : SPR
Item : CSQ
Due Date : 2015/11/03
Via:mail
status updated : *******
Lette ID : 1-******

i am just think maybe they asked us to apply for CSQ or sent us something with the acknowledgement letter. Really confused. We are in Quebec.
Vrai Vie, the same thing happened to me. I applied in January 2015. In July, I ordered my GCMS notes. When I received it, I noticed that a CSQ request had been supposedly sent to my husband in April 2015, but my husband never received it.
So, I called the Call Center, explained the situation and the call agent told me she was going to send a message to Mississauga in order to ask them to send again the CSQ request.
25 days later, my husband got the e-mail with the CSQ request.
I think it happens to almost every Quebec applicant. It is kind of normal...
You just need to call CIC and ask them to send the request again.
Have a nice day !!

oasis-yms

Jul 11, 2015
kid- said:
Hi all, when you call the Call Centre, which option do you select to check if all is good with the OWP? I tried calling them this morning, but got stuck on the automated service that asked me for my WP document number - obviously I don't have it, that's why I'm calling ;D I tried selecting the 'check your application status' and then 'temporary foreign worker' and 'PR' - neither of them worked. What am I doing wrong? Any help?

Applied July 11th 2015, received on July 14th. AOR Oct 2. My medicals have been received, and application too. Worried that there's something wrong with the OWP since it's been 4 months.
You can choose 'family class sponsorship' and ask about your owp app to a call center agent. It took me almost full 4 months to get mine. Hope you get yours soon. :)

kid-

Dec 21, 2014
Alright, got through to CIC: For those who are wondering, call ONLY after the 4 months have passed, otherwise they can't help you. I have 5 days left until it's been 4 months since they received our application, and the guy told me they can't give me any info yet. Fingers crossed all is good and we all receive our WPs soon! ;)

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
CSQ Letter request

Hello, this is a question for Quebec Applicants,

I called CIC regarding my CSQ letter today, I told the agent I received my AOR in the email (I received my AOR in the email on Oct 22nd) but did not received any CSQ request letter. She told me they do not have an internal timeline for CSQ requests, it's randomly sent and I can expect it to be sent during 17 months :-[

Can you guys shed some light on this ? :)

Thank you !

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
They might as well just close down that call center ...total waste of time and money... You pay hundreds of dollars but can't even get one descent non condescending answer. I have never witnessed so much incompetence concentrated in one single place...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito said:
They might as well just close down that call center ...total waste of time and money... You pay hundreds of dollars but can't even get one descent non condescending answer. I have never witnessed so much incompetence concentrated in one single place...
You'd think that there would be a `second layer' of support available to those that have paid for the privilege to have their applications sitting in a pile somewhere, to speak to someone that can answer questions.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Hello everyone,
New to this forum. Applied for inland sponsorship and OWP together. My details are below:

Applied: 30th July
Received: 31st July
AOR: Nothing received
OWP: Nothing received

My 4 month period ends 30 November - just a bit worried that havent received the AOR or OWP yet. Seems people who applied along the same time or after have started getting their paperwork. Should I be worried and starting calling CIC?

I applied through a lawyer - does that slow the process?

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi, I hope everyone's OWP will come soon!

When I talked to Call centre agent last week, he told me my OWP was approved on 2Nov, but it hasn't been delivered to me yet.
Does anyone know how long will it take to be delivered?

I think that OWP is coming from Vegreville, AB. right?

Thanks