+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
mskeeta said:
Hello guys. Would love some help on this subject:

So I'm here in Canada with a study/work visa that expires 21st Nov 2015. We applied for Spousal Sponsorship on October 5th 2015 and the application was received same day by courier. I also sent together with the application the application for a OWP. My question is the following: Should I apply for a visitor visa extension? or any kind of extension? I'm afraid I won't get the AOR before Nov 21st and my status will be expired. What should I do?

Thank you so much :)
I'll try to answer... I believe you will have implied status once your study/work visa expires on November 21st until your owp is granted... In my wife's case we did also apply for a visitor extension because if apps are returned (because it's incomplete or due to incorrect fees etc) after your work /study permit expires, you risk losing implied status as well. You technically don't haveee to but it's up to you. Have you submitted the correct owp fee of $255?

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Markito said:
I'll try to answer... I believe you will have implied status once your study/work visa expires on November 21st until your owp is granted... In my wife's case we did also apply for a visitor extension because if apps are returned (because it's incomplete or due to incorrect fees etc) after your work /study permit expires, you risk losing implied status as well. You technically don't haveee to but it's up to you. Have you submitted the correct owp fee of $255?
Yes. I have submitted all the fees. Did you do visitor visa extension? How long of an extension did they give you? Thank you for answering.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
mskeeta said:
Yes. I have submitted all the fees. Did you do visitor visa extension? How long of an extension did they give you? Thank you for answering.
We just applied for an extension about 2 wks ago so still waiting for and answer... Their website shows a ridiculous processing time of just over 3 month if I remember...

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Markito said:
We just applied for an extension about 2 wks ago so still waiting for and answer... Their website shows a ridiculous processing time of just over 3 month if I remember...
Yup 3 months.. I'd assume you have implied status. When did you apply for sponsorship? I might apply for the extension as well. Do you know if it simple to fill the paperwork?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Markito said:
Applied for extension for same reason in case something got returned. Sent app end of June and still haven't got it. Actually ended up receiving OWP before getting extension which is crazy.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
mskeeta said:
Yup 3 months.. I'd assume you have implied status. When did you apply for sponsorship? I might apply for the extension as well. Do you know if it simple to fill the paperwork?
Well my wife's visitor status expires Nov 16th and we've applied for sponsorship at the beginning of Aug. Her implied status will start after Nov 16th if I'm correct. As far as the application for the extension goes, it is straight forward. We sent in the paper version. You need to show proof of income so in our case I drafted a letter saying that I take full responsibility for all expenses during her stay and attached my 2 most recent T4s and a year to date pay stub. Also a bank statement. Then they ask for a copy of a copy of the marriage certificate if applicable... The form is straightfoward 5 pages long I believe and alot of the questions you've already answered in the sponsorship app. If you do end up applying, I suggest you attach the receipts of your sponsorship app and owp to show you have applications in progress as you applied for sponsorship recently and your applications may not yet be coded in the cic system so the VO processing your extension may not realize that you have pending sponsorship /owp apps.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
Markito said:
Well my wife's visitor status expires Nov 16th and we've applied for sponsorship at the beginning of Aug. Her implied status will start after Nov 16th if I'm correct. As far as the application for the extension goes, it is straight forward. We sent in the paper version. You need to show proof of income so in our case I drafted a letter saying that I take full responsibility for all expenses during her stay and attached my 2 most recent T4s and a year to date pay stub. Also a bank statement. Then they ask for a copy of a copy of the marriage certificate if applicable... The form is straightfoward 5 pages long I believe and alot of the questions you've already answered in the sponsorship app. If you do end up applying, I suggest you attach the receipts of your sponsorship app and owp to show you have applications in progress as you applied for sponsorship recently and your applications may not yet be coded in the cic system so the VO processing your extension may not realize that you have pending sponsorship /owp apps.
Sorry meant to say you need to show proof of available funds

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Markito said:
Alright!! thank you so much! I'm going to do that.. I guess I'll only get my owp in December? January maybe? and then the visitor extension if it takes 3 months will be around the same time. I'm ok with that. As long as they don't kick me out of the country haha just worried about that.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
Sophieeee the UK Outland time is currently 27 months... Same as inland unless you know otherwise
Take a look at these spreadsheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYJ0Xo_jHLeArkCVeicZyqIE8YLpnZqVJlFrnpmKMx0/edit#gid=396125530
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pli=1#gid=658388151

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
Hey ponga or any other seniors. Please advise on the following: I arrived in Canada June 26th visa exempt so I'm good till December 26th. I'm pretty sure my OWP will not be granted. (short of a miracle) to submit a new one once I've got the final decision for my OWP app does it have to done before the 26th December or am I ok after this date? I know the pilot programme finishes before and is up in the air as to whether it will carry on. Hopefully the liberals help us out. Also does the PR app stay in the system if it's all in order and you just get a letter regarding the OWP or do they send everything back?
Don't forget that this pilot project was announced on December 22, 2014 for a one year period and we don't know yet if it will be extended.
I would urge everyone who had not pay the sufficient amount for the OWP to send a new one to Vegreville that will be received BEFORE Dec 22, 2015. Unless, of course, CIC will confirm that they will continue with this project.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Cooldoctor87 said:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and not so familiar with the OWP terms.

Anyway, I have a question amd would really appreciate some help. I applied under family class in March 2014. November 2014 I received my CSQ, because I am applying from Quebec.
September 2015 I received a letter from cic to do my medical. Then just today I received a letter from cic saying that my application for permanent residence is COMPLETE, and that they will send me a letter with an appointment to finalize my permanent residence papers. I guess that's the interview or ceremony they do.

When should I expect that date to be?? Like am I going to wait more than a month? If anyone has any experience or info, it is highly appreciated.

Also, when I get that done can I work now? Or start applying for universities? Or am I still not allowed?

Thank you so much.
Most likely you will receive your landing letter in 3-4 weeks, but it depends on the office you will be landing at. Check the timeline from my signature to get an idea.
You are able to work once you have a social insurance number. To get a SIN you have to have a work permit or your confirmation of permanent residence that you will receive at the landing interview.
You can start to apply to universities but you are not allowed to start your studies until you become a PR.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
Thanks Sophie. Also got my AOR this morning.
Congrats! :)

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Guys

I am not able to access E-CAS. Anyone else facing the same issue? Can someone list out the steps to access? I have tried all combinations but just would not work!

S

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Sunny Dua said:
Guys

I am not able to access E-CAS. Anyone else facing the same issue? Can someone list out the steps to access? I have tried all combinations but just would not work!

S
Do you have a UCI number? If not you prob won't be able to access it yet.