Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
If your two year OWP is up under spousal, and papers isnt approved yet,can I extend it??

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
sestrenkapsixa said:
Hi,

Yes I do understand that's getting AOR doesn't promise anything, but if I get AOR then I'll get a case number and I can send them updated form right away quoting my case number (which is good - they can find who I am and what I want)
On the other hand - if I don't get my AOR and then my application will be returned - it will be just so disappointing cuz I'll have to do everything once again. I like your advice and I was thinking the same - I'll just fill it out again and send it with explanatory letter and hopefully it won't get lost among other applications... There is no point in sitting and waiting for my application to be returned.
Thanks for the advice
Well, I know, it is disappointing, but you won't have to update everything. Actually, you will have to update only the information they will ask for, like the form, that was outdated (not all the documents, and only if they ask for it). So don't be upset now. Just make sure that in you explanation you are mentioning your UCI number and other required information.

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Hi folks
So I received my Pilot program OWP but it's dated only a little bit more than a year.Date of expiration is same as my passport. So my question is , if that doesn't cover my inland processing time ,can I reapply for another OWP sometimes next year?I imagine that AIP is gonna be done by then. I'm getting new passport in a month,more or less.

Jan 28, 2015
sestrenkapsixa said:
Hi,

Yes I do understand that's getting AOR doesn't promise anything, but if I get AOR then I'll get a case number and I can send them updated form right away quoting my case number (which is good - they can find who I am and what I want)
On the other hand - if I don't get my AOR and then my application will be returned - it will be just so disappointing cuz I'll have to do everything once again. I like your advice and I was thinking the same - I'll just fill it out again and send it with explanatory letter and hopefully it won't get lost among other applications... There is no point in sitting and waiting for my application to be returned.
Thanks for the advice
Thank you for your post. You made me realize that I also sent an outdated form IMM0008. I am going to send the updated version with an explanatory letter and hope that it's not already too late. Also, a tip that call centre gave me was to include the tracking number of the post office you sent your application with. It will help them locate the application faster if you don't have a file number yet.

Good luck!

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Hey all,

I sent my application and it was received on the 26th of August, I'm 100% sure I checked all the documents to make sure they were current before I sent the application off. I now see the checklist (IMM 5443) has been updated in August 2015. It must have been updated between when I sent it on ~24th of August and the end of August.

What do you think the chances are that it'll be sent back? My OWP runs out on September 28th so if it gets sent back after then I'll be out of status which I don't want! I'm an Australian married to a Canadian, any suggestions other than waiting it out and hoping they realize I sent it before the update came out?

Sam

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
Thanks for mentioning the updated checklist, I was about to seal our application when I saw your post and had a wee panic over what changes their could be!

I see the changes only seem to be in the payment part where it changes the instructions slightly but what you did should still be acceptable, surely!

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
So, I received an OWP and all happy now ;D BUT whats next?
Since my mail is messed up, should I worry or they wont send anymore documents (techically if everything is okay), right?

So do I just wait till the next stage which is sponsor approval and if it takes 17 month he should be approved by October 2016... So is it just waiting time now or should i be concerned about something?

My ECAS says In Process

???

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Katerina07 said:
So, I received an OWP and all happy now ;D BUT whats next?
Since my mail is messed up, should I worry or they wont send anymore documents (techically if everything is okay), right?

So do I just wait till the next stage which is sponsor approval and if it takes 17 month he should be approved by October 2016... So is it just waiting time now or should i be concerned about something?

My ECAS says In Process

???
AIP is next, and yes that takes 17 months.

They're going to sit on your application for the remainder of the 17 months, and at that point they may mail you something. They won't correspond with you till then, however you might want to order Notes at some point before October 2016, maybe 3 months prior to that just in case they actually did try to contact you via mail for some unknown reason. It'll show up in there.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
I have got AOR and OWP. Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks Sophie for your assistance and congrats for your file approval.
Sorry for the delay as I was away.

Category FAM
Date application delivered to CIC: June 5th 2015
Date AOR email Received: Aug 11th 2015
Canadian City of Residence: Calgary AB
OWP sent (w/ application?) YES
Medical done (w/ application?) N/A
Police check done (w/ application?) NO , sent after AOR
OWP received : AUG 25 2015,

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,

This is related to outdated forms. I made a few calls to CIC and call centre agents told me there is nothing I can do and just need to wait it out and they said the application will be returned. I am currently employed and had discussed terms with my employer to stop working through the month of October as I won't have a status in Canada and just waiting for OWP to arrive. With this situation, I am certain I will be losing my job, it is a very devastating news for me and I am panicking.

Call Centre agent said if application is returned after Sep 30th I'll lose status and won't get OWP until 17 months ( I think she was referring to the time for AIP ). Question is, is there any workaround for my situation? I may be able to find another job in a few months and use the emergency cash but not being able to work for 17 month means that I'm basically hitting rock bottom financially speaking.

wachoo

Jul 15, 2014
Sammyk240 said:
Hey all,

I sent my application and it was received on the 26th of August, I'm 100% sure I checked all the documents to make sure they were current before I sent the application off. I now see the checklist (IMM 5443) has been updated in August 2015. It must have been updated between when I sent it on ~24th of August and the end of August.

What do you think the chances are that it'll be sent back? My OWP runs out on September 28th so if it gets sent back after then I'll be out of status which I don't want! I'm an Australian married to a Canadian, any suggestions other than waiting it out and hoping they realize I sent it before the update came out?

Sam
Hi Sam,

I am under the exact same situation as you. I'm worried that my entire package will be rejected now and our work permit also expires in a week. I really hope they don't reject our entire application because of this small change.

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Guys

I am in the outdated form category as well and called in CIC call centre and they said not to send anything and wait it out (to avoid confusion). The processing centre does not have any means to attach this update to our file (as we don't have a file number yet).

One of the agents did tell me that if the forms are not significantly different it is likely that it might not warrant an application return (which is the case with IMM0008 form)

Hope this helps!

Sunny