Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Chayo said:
Hello,

I just received the AOR last Saturday, yes Saturday!, I thought they only work from Monday to Friday. ::)
I sent my application on June 12th. :)

Sophie could you please update my info? :D

Thank you!
Congrats! :)
I doesn't seem to find you on the sheet... When was your app received?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sammyk240 said:
Hi all,

Could someone please add my info to the spreadsheet, Australian going for spousal sponsorship and OWP app filed 26th August, meds not done Vancouver visa office.

Thanks!

Sam
I added you, thanks for sharing!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Cerise said:
Hi

I am coming to canada in september 24th with an Letter of Introduction of IEC which I can activate to a one year work permit. I will reside in the Quebec province with my boyfriend who is Canadian. We then want to get married after living one year appart. I am from Germany.

I am wondering if I can activate my work permit two months later to gain some time? I don't want to work immediately but do some paperwork before and get married and the sponsorship application ready (inland application). Do you think that would be possible?

Also I read that since 2014 spouses waiting for approval can apply for open work permit. I have a work permit for one year.
does it take more than a year to have this open work permit?
do I have to send an open permit application at the same time with the initial application? Which formular do I need to fill out for it?

I really new to all this stuff and it is quite confusing for me. I really appreciate any help !

Thank you!!
I'm not familiar with IEC, so I don't know about the activation.
If you are from Germany, I think you should apply outland. You can stay and work in Canada and your PR will most likely be processed within one year.
If you choose the inland route, apply for the OWP at the beginning of Dec (because we don't know if they will continue this pilot project), then prepare yourself for ~2years inland processing. Read the FAQ for more help.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ZeGerman2015 said:
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and have referenced it for a couple of questions that we had about our inland application. I apologize if this has already been addressed and I haven't found it. Some background: My common-law partner (Sponsor) and I (German) have been a couple for over 5 years, visiting each other on a regular basis before we started living together here in Canada (over 1.5 years ago). We have no dependants. We believe our relationship (emotional, social and financial interdependence) is very strong, and have significant proof (we regularly spend holidays with our respective families and do joint activities/vacations alone or with family and friends). I do have a couple of questions on the short disruptions from living together, as well as the OWP application and the employer letter.

1. While living together, my sponsor travelled to Europe for 2.5 weeks for a wedding in his extended family. I was unable to attend this wedding, due to the vacation schedules at work (and also in parts the costs associated with travelling). We had already thought about our joint holidays together, which we spent here in Canada later that year. We have had definitely 1 year of continuous living AFTER this absence, but I'm just not sure whether we need to mention his absence. How would we address this? Or is there no need to mention this?

2. My sponsor is going to Europe for 6 days (this includes travel time) to attend a funeral. Due to the short notice nature of this travel, I'm not able to attend and get vacation from work. Is this a concern - will this need to be addressed in our application. How would we best address it? Or should we just not mention it?

3. Open Work permit application: I understand that I need to complete the application form IMM5710 and I read somewhere on here that I would select "Initial work permit or work permit with new employer". I have had an open work permit with the IEC initiative before - which option do I have to chose (is it still "initial work permit")? What if I want to stay with my current employer? Do I still select "Initial work permit or work permit with a new employer". Do I complete any information on my current employer in the employer address field and do I have to hand in my current contract? Or do I need to request a new offer of employment / do I not have to hand in a contract at all?

4. I remember for the IEC I had to provide proof of health insurance and financial sustainability along with the Letter of introduction at the border. Do I need to provide this proof with my open work permit application at the time that I send the PR off?

5. Employer letter for my partner: He is a grad student, but works for the university as part of the studies. It looks like he will end up having several "employment letters" for different jobs he performs there. Some of these jobs have already been completed. What would the start date be: when he started his first job placement there a few years ago - or the most recent contract with the university?

6. There is a chance that my partner has to complete work in another province for 6 consecutive weeks in a year (but not more than 6 weeks in a year). This work placement would happen after we hand in our application for PR. Is this reason for concern and would you recommend we address this in the application (if so, how?)? Or do we not need to mention this We are confident that we can sustain our relationship long distance, since we had to live apart from each other for a large portion of our relationship before and handled it well via skype/regular meetings etc.

I really appreciate any insights on this.

Thank you.
1. You don't need to mention it.
2. Same here. A 6 days travel doesn't break the co-habitation.
3. Still initial work permit, and you can put N/A for the employer. You apply for an OWP, you will be free to choose an employer.
4. No, just the things from the Checklist.
5. Couldn't she get a letter from the University stating that she is a grad student and she is working in different projects? At the end is not so important, as long as she hasn't receive any social assistance, she is fine.
6. I wouldn't mention it. But make sure that you collect proof of your communication during those weeks, so if this later come up, you can prove that you were in contact in the whole time.

Ashleigh80

Aug 27, 2015
Hi!

My husband and I are just starting the process. I'm from the states and have a 12 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I'm kind of freaking out, this is all so daunting and confusing. My daughter and I came for a visit and my husband wants us to stay and do the application while living here. Is that allowed?! I would love to not have to leave him again, last time it was for several years before I could see him again. I heard that people could live here and do the application, is there anything I need to do first so this is legal? What about school for my daughter also, will she need to be home schooled? Thanks for any help and guidance.

OH! I didn't even ask, is this a group I need to be added to? If you please add me, if you don't mind. Thank you!

Ash! <3

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
Hi everyone!

I came to Canada 3 years ago, then I met my bf (almost right away ;D he is naturalized canadian) and we are together for almost 3 years now.
I sent my application on July 30th, 2015 it was delivered to Mississauga on August 4th. Still nothing in mail or email. Patiently waiting... Can you please add me to the spreadsheet? Thanks!

a-memon

May 25, 2015
hey guys.. i submitted my file in May 2014.. still no update on my case.. when should i be expecting my process to an end?

dania12

Aug 6, 2014
Hello,
I live in Canada now I want to sponser my husband who is in Pakistan and working as government officer in NAVY. Want to know do he need NOC (No objection certificate) from Navy before applying in canada for visit and Inland Application? Do Canada need NOC.
Do any1 knw plz let me knw am so confused.
Thanks.

McKee

Jul 7, 2015
sophieee said:
Thanks for sharing, I've added you.

Please add me too! Inland spousal application filed May 20, 2015 (spouse from the U.S.) and OWP received Aug.20. He starts working on Monday! Woo hoo!

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
Hi Admins,

Kindly add my timeline.

Received Application: June 1, 2015
OWP : included in the app
AOR received: July 8, 2015
OWP received: August 26, 2015

Thank you.

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
Hi Forum members,

I would like to ask for your help as I am so confused on what I need to next.

My daughter and I has a multiple visa and our stay will expire on Sept 4 cause we entered Canada on March 4. But our visas were valid until 2019.
I recently received my OWP on August 26. And we will travel soon to visit family back home.
My questions are:

1. Do I need to extend my stay to be able for me to travel?
2. If yes, would it still be ok since I only have few days left to apply for extension? (our 6-month stay will end on Sept4)
3. My recent conversation with CIC reps told me that I no longer need to extend my stay because of my work permit, if this is correct(I am sorry, trust issues with call center reps cause they are giving different answers everytime I call them), what should I need to do with my daughter's? extend her stay or apply for TRV since it has longer validity? and for her TRV, that should be Student permit?
4. To save money, is my OWP and multiple visa are good enough to re-enter Canada in case I visit my family back home?
5. How about my daughter, can she just use her multiple visa to re-enter Canada without doing anything to extend her stay or apply her a TRV?

Just to add, my husband will accompany us during our out of Canada trip. I am not sure if this will guarantee a re-entry in anyways.

Thank you :)

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
Plaisir, Ywqu !! :)
I'm very glad you got it ! I wish CIC were as fast as MIDI ...
Enjoy the french course !!!
Hi. Just got a call from MIDI, the woman on the phone told me my french course begins next week in UQAM.
And she asked about my SIN, I told her my problem with it and she said it is ok that I haven't got it
but i should submit as soon as i got it in order to get subsidy.
I was confused cause I didn't apply subsidy and I told her so.
She asked me "are you sure you don't want subsidy?" i said "yes".
Are we able to get subsidy originally?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
iamvelai said:
Hi Admins,

Kindly add my timeline.

Received Application: June 1, 2015
OWP : included in the app
AOR received: July 8, 2015
OWP received: August 26, 2015

Thank you.
That's great!

We sent our application beginning July and waiting to hear back from CIC that they have received it. How long did it take from you sending it to CIC notifying you that they received it? Or when you say 'received' do you mean that it was couriered?

Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sestrenkapsixa, McKee, iamvelai, thanks for sharing, I've added you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ashleigh80 said:
Hi!

My husband and I are just starting the process. I'm from the states and have a 12 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I'm kind of freaking out, this is all so daunting and confusing. My daughter and I came for a visit and my husband wants us to stay and do the application while living here. Is that allowed?! I would love to not have to leave him again, last time it was for several years before I could see him again. I heard that people could live here and do the application, is there anything I need to do first so this is legal? What about school for my daughter also, will she need to be home schooled? Thanks for any help and guidance.

OH! I didn't even ask, is this a group I need to be added to? If you please add me, if you don't mind. Thank you!

Ash! <3
Start with the FAQ in my signature. I would recommend outland though, for someone from the states it's makes much more sense.