Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
But with the overstay, the chances of being denied re-entry could be high.
True.

This is all very confusing... I don't see how applying Inland doesn't give you some kind of status for the duration of your application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
True.

This is all very confusing... I don't see how applying Inland doesn't give you some kind of status for the duration of your application.
Agreed! Even those without status, that apply Inland, and eventually receive their OWP (not the Pilot Program OWP, because they don't qualify for that one) are still out of status until they actually land as a PR. They can legally work in Canada, but still don't have [true] legal status.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
the original visitor status was a visa exempt one, so now i guess i have to apply for restoration of it if there is no feedback from the PR and OWP applications, right?

I do not want to get to the stage that they just said i have overstayed without doing anything. you know, i just assumed that i would have the implied status when they are handling my applications, in progress hopefully . i applied when i had legal status.

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
Great to see the site back up.

Question!

On the OWP form IMM5710E I'm really unsure what to put for question 3 'I am applying for one or more of the following - *a work permit with the same employer/*Restoration of your status as a worker/*An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer/*Temporary Resident Permit.'

I am currently on an IEC and working in a temp job that's unskilled. I want the open work permit, which I can select later in the 'details of intended work in Canada' section. So what is it here? If I select restoration of your status as a worker then I have to pick another option too.

Confused! The guide is useless on this question as it just repeats the options.

Any help appreciated.

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone!

just wanna know if it's normal for the OWP application to not appear on ECAS?
it shows the PR application though..

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
j0an said:
hi everyone!

just wanna know if it's normal for the OWP application to not appear on ECAS?
it shows the PR application though..
OWP doesn't show up on eCas. You're lucky if anything shows up there.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi!

Sent our inland application end of June/beg of July. The waiting game has commenced! Hopefully won't take too long to receive my OWP.

kamsterr

Aug 5, 2015
Is there a timeline for how long OWPs are taking to be processed when applying inland under the pilot project. When I called CIC they said that they process within 4 months so that someone who is on a visitor visa (from the US) for 6 months would have legal status and be able to get their OWP in time. Is this correct?

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
kamsterr said:
Is there a timeline for how long OWPs are taking to be processed when applying inland under the pilot project. When I called CIC they said that they process within 4 months so that someone who is on a visitor visa (from the US) for 6 months would have legal status and be able to get their OWP in time. Is this correct?
Official timeline is "within 4 months" but it seems the average waiting time for people on this forum has been around about 90 days if you look at the inland spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing#gid=14

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Hello people !
I was reading this forum for a while and decided today to join. You guys are great !

I've submitted my Inland application on June/2 and I got email from CiC last Saturday.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/03 on behalf of the following member(s):

I've also applied for work permit but messed up my payment.Forgot to pay those 100 $ like half of people here on this topic. :-X
Does anyone have any news about wp ,what's the latest word? Are they still sending back or now they're sending notices on email to pay 100$ fee?

I have "visitor record" on 12 months (visa clamped in my passport,obligating me to report myself when exiting Canada) , so am I free to overstay it now after I applied for PR and WP or .. ? UCI is same on my first work visa and on that visitor record so I managed to log in into ECAS and check my status,2 days after I received email .

And yeah ,if anyone can add me to that info sheet. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarioPavlovich said:
Hello people !
I was reading this forum for a while and decided today to join. You guys are great !

I've submitted my Inland application on June/2 and I got email from CiC last Saturday.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/03 on behalf of the following member(s):

I've also applied for work permit but messed up my payment.Forgot to pay those 100 $ like half of people here on this topic. :-X
Does anyone have any news about wp ,what's the latest word? Are they still sending back or now they're sending notices on email to pay 100$ fee?

I have "visitor record" on 12 months (visa clamped in my passport,obligating me to report myself when exiting Canada) , so am I free to overstay it now after I applied for PR and WP or .. ? UCI is same on my first work visa and on that visitor record so I managed to log in into ECAS and check my status,2 days after I received email .

And yeah ,if anyone can add me to that info sheet. :)
The answer is NO! You are NOT free to overstay because your OWP application is probably going to be returned to you because of the insufficient payment. This means that you will not have implied status (which would have allowed you to overstay) after your current visitor visa expires. You will need to apply for a visitor extension before your current visitor status expires. Be sure to include proof of your PR application and...cross your fingers!

It is the OWP being accepted (meaning not returned) that is submitted with the Inland PR application that gives a person implied status.

Good luck.

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Ponga said:
The answer is NO! You are NOT free to overstay because your OWP application is probably going to be returned to you because of the insufficient payment. This means that you will not have implied status (which would have allowed you to overstay) after your current visitor visa expires. You will need to apply for a visitor extension before your current visitor status expires. Be sure to include proof of your PR application and...cross your fingers!

It is the OWP being accepted (meaning not returned) that is submitted with the Inland PR application that gives a person implied status.

Good luck.
Sorry but I don't understand. They suggest not to leave Canada while they're processing my inland application.And I have to leave ?
My visitor record expires next year in may ( 2016/05/22). My plan is to resubmit OWP with 100$ once when I get it back in few weeks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarioPavlovich said:
Sorry but I don't understand. They suggest not to leave Canada while they're processing my inland application.And I have to leave ?
My visitor record expires next year in may ( 2015 /05/22). My plan is to resubmit OWP with 100$ once when I get it back in few weeks.
I never said you have to leave.

If you submit the OWP again and they receive it by next May, you'll be fine. ;)

(You never said when your visitor record expired in your original post).

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
Ponga said:
I never said you have to leave.

If you submit the OWP again and they receive it by next May, you'll be fine. ;)

(You never said when your visitor record expired in your original post).
I know , sorry for that. ;)

Hope you don't mind the question but ,is that Visitor Record a bad thing? Usually with my passport I don't need visa to enter Canada and there's no control when I leave on airport.
But on this paper is stated that I have to Report myself before I leave to the Border agency and it seems bit odd.