Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hi seniors. just need some advice regarding lmia. My cousin have been offered a job in Edmonton, and the employer is willing to process lmia. But the problem that I can see is that the number of employee working there is as low as just 2 people. Do you think lmia will still be positive? Please give me advice. Thanks. I just wanna make sure that it'll be positive coz I want to be with my cousin here.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Given the number of people who pay the incorrect amount for OWP you think CIC would realize their "online store" is terrible and needs to be rehashed.

It's probably the worst payment site ever conceived.

Millions of people pay the right amount for their Amazon purchase without needing to heavily research and follow a forum-based guide, but everyone seems to pay the wrong amount for their OWP.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi folks,

Looking for advice. I'm currently on a TRP that expires on September 5th of this year. I applied for spousal PR (common-law) and the OWP in May.

I received AOR on the 23rd July but have not heard anything about the OWP as of yet (I appreciate that I'm still within 4 months).

I know that I paid the correct fee and I'm sure there was nothing wrong on the form, but I'm wondering whether it would be prudent to apply for a visit extension now rather than risk things going wrong after my TRP expires and then having to restore status etc.

Naturally I have tried calling CIC just to ask but had the usual helpful replies...

Does anyone have some thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
GustavesF said:
Given the number of people who pay the incorrect amount for OWP you think CIC would realize their "online store" is terrible and needs to be rehashed.

It's probably the worst payment site ever conceived.

Millions of people pay the right amount for their Amazon purchase without needing to heavily research and follow a forum-based guide, but everyone seems to pay the wrong amount for their OWP.
+1 GustavesF. The website is CIC's single biggest problem that could be fixed without personnel changes. The website really functions like it was written with Kafka's The Trial in mind. We need to be able to update our documents when we're submitting an online application, or pay the correct fee without needing to investigate what we owe. There needs to be verifications in place to ensure incomplete apps are not submitted to begin with.
Finally, the PR process should be an online-only process. This would nearly eliminate the dreaded "incomplete" application since applicants wouldn't be able to proceed without uploading all the relevant documents. Added to which this would make AOR instantaneous, and it would allow users to add themselves to Ecas just by starting an application.
Officers would be able to login and sort through documents with greater ease. They could, for example, click a button to request more proof of a relationship. Processing times can be drastically reduced this way.
Really need a good CMS and the time to program it. The govt can afford this.
I appreciate the enormity of CIC's task and I say this all respectfully. Let's hope it happens.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Johninsask said:
+1 GustavesF. The website is CIC's single biggest problem that could be fixed without personnel changes. The website really functions like it was written with Kafka's The Trial in mind. We need to be able to update our documents when we're submitting an online application, or pay the correct fee without needing to investigate what we owe. There needs to be verifications in place to ensure incomplete apps are not submitted to begin with.
Finally, the PR process should be an online-only process. This would nearly eliminate the dreaded "incomplete" application since applicants wouldn't be able to proceed without uploading all the relevant documents. Added to which this would make AOR instantaneous, and it would allow users to add themselves to Ecas just by starting an application.
Officers would be able to login and sort through documents with greater ease. They could, for example, click a button to request more proof of a relationship. Processing times can be drastically reduced this way.
Really need a good CMS and the time to program it. The govt can afford this.
I appreciate the enormity of CIC's task and I say this all respectfully. Let's hope it happens.
They're far too governmenty to fix anything. By "governmenty" I mean: stupid, inefficient, complacent, ancient, non-transparent, and unaccountable.

I once saw a joke that the reason for the delays was because the Excel '97 spreadsheet they use for processing reached the row limit.

Don't be soft on them about this.

They often tell us that it takes a lot of time and money to hire more people, so it's not something that can happen over a short period of time. ...but then we find out that the bulk of processing is done by 3-month temporary student workers.

PR Applications generate revenue, but instead of reinvesting they just use it to process TFW Visas.

They need to move this into at least the bronze age instead of the stone age they're currently working in.
The fact that processing queues are essentially "piles" that get placed on a desk till the person at that desk finishes with them, and that the time your application arrives only dictates when it gets into a pile, not when it's processed, is insanity.

Not only would your suggestion eliminate incomplete applications, improper fees paid, and horrific AOR timing, it would also fix the issue of an application taking a year longer than normal because it ended up on the desk of someone on maternity leave. Documents wouldn't constantly get lost. They could get Police Checks done in a non-idiotic manner. There's a lot they could fix.

These self-auditing PDFs are the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why even bother when you have to specifically leave some spots blank so you can write "Present" into a field meant for a date?

There's so many different forms, they constantly update, and even when they do the information content doesn't actually change.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
They're far too governmenty to fix anything. By "governmenty" I mean: stupid, inefficient, complacent, ancient, non-transparent, and unaccountable.

I once saw a joke that the reason for the delays was because the Excel '97 spreadsheet they use for processing reached the row limit.
I also heard that they received a gold medal for something and immediately sent it out to be bronzed.

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
I got my acknowledgement for my PR application, however, like some members, my OWP is not yet processing yet (at least according to CIC website, they are processing 21st April 2015 application).

My OWP shall be return due to 100 the crappy OWP holder fee ($100).

Can anyone advise me, should i send the missing fee over, with an explanatory letter, with the file id ? Will that help? Since some did the same but still get return and have to send it over again.

Does it mean if the application returned due to insufficient fund, once I submit them again, shall it subjected to 3 months time frame as new application ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
playvltk04 said:
I got my acknowledgement for my PR application, however, like some members, my OWP is not yet processing yet (at least according to CIC website, they are processing 21st April 2015 application).

My OWP shall be return due to 100 the crappy OWP holder fee ($100).

Can anyone advise me, should i send the missing fee over, with an explanatory letter, with the file id ? Will that help? Since some did the same but still get return and have to send it over again.

Does it mean if the application returned due to insufficient fund, once I submit them again, shall it subjected to 3 months time frame as new application ?
Your OWP will be returned.

When does your current [legal] status expire?

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
it will expired next year april 2016. I'm currently on student permit, not getting OWP on time also means that I have to pay 9k tuition fee.

So sending the missing fee with receipt shall do no good as well ?

And if I submit again, does it means I'll have to wait for another 3 months+ ? :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
playvltk04 said:
it will expired next year april 2016. I'm currently on student permit, not getting OWP on time also means that I have to pay 9k tuition fee.

So sending the missing fee with receipt shall do no good as well ?

And if I submit again, does it means I'll have to wait for another 3 months+ ? :(
Unfortunately, sending the balance of the fee will not work. You will need to re-submit the OWP with the proper fee...and likely wait 3-4 months to receive it.

Some people have opted to send in a new OWP ASAP, before getting the original back from CIC, but I don't know if that's the proper protocol. The proper protocol would be for CIC to allow those that paid the incorrect fee to send the balance and not have to deal with this added layer of `Red Tape'!

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, sending the balance of the fee will not work. You will need to re-submit the OWP with the proper fee...and likely wait 3-4 months to receive it.

Some people have opted to send in a new OWP ASAP, before getting the original back from CIC, but I don't know if that's the proper protocol. The proper protocol would be for CIC to allow those that paid the incorrect fee to send the balance and not have to deal with this added layer of `Red Tape'!
I just wonder have anyone success with the improper protocol. If you have to resubmit the OWP, means the proper protocol is not apply .... :(

Another thing is, upon resubmit, shall we send it to:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Source: CIC

Or

CPC-M
PO Box 5040 STN B, Mississauga, ON, L5A 3A4 ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
playvltk04 said:
How does receiving the OWP help with your tuition? The OWP (offered to those applying for Inland Spousal Sponsorship) does NOT confer Temporary Resident Status.

Is that what you were hoping for, by applying for the OWP? You don't want/need it to work?

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
i need to postpone my post-grad study for a year. Got another family commitment to make and i can't spend money at the moment.

And yes, I need OWP to work.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
playvltk04 said:
i need to postpone my post-grad study for a year. Got another family commitment to make and i can't spend money at the moment.

And yes, I need OWP to work.
But...how would the OWP have reduced your tuition by 9k?

The address for the OWP is the first one (Vegreville). Make sure you let them know that you've already submitted your Inland application AND...that you currently have valid status! If they think that you're out of status, you won't qualify for [this] OWP.

Good luck!

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
chrismgallen said:
Hi folks,

Looking for advice. I'm currently on a TRP that expires on September 5th of this year. I applied for spousal PR (common-law) and the OWP in May.

I received AOR on the 23rd July but have not heard anything about the OWP as of yet (I appreciate that I'm still within 4 months).

I know that I paid the correct fee and I'm sure there was nothing wrong on the form, but I'm wondering whether it would be prudent to apply for a visit extension now rather than risk things going wrong after my TRP expires and then having to restore status etc.

Naturally I have tried calling CIC just to ask but had the usual helpful replies...

Does anyone have some thoughts? Thanks in advance!
I had the same doubt because I didn't want to take the risk of having my application returned and losing status. Although, I think, in your case, as you have already received the AOR, it wouldn't be very likely to have it returned.
I applied for a visitor extension in order to be " covered" if my OWP application got returned. Fortunately, I received my OWP before the visitor extension. With my OWP in hands, I called CIC and asked them to withdraw my visitor extension. They did it and, two months later, I received the refund of the visitor extension fee.
A tip I can give to you: if you apply, do it by paper because the processing time is longer (114 days at the moment), so, the chance of you receiving your OWP before is high, then you can withdraw the visitor extension and get your refund !