Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Good Morning BritRam, your info is on the spreadsheet already.

I think you will get your OWP before that, there is an average of 90-100 days to get it.
If I was you I would not be worried as for sure you will get on time.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Guys fresh info form OHIP

1: For that people who is waiting the OWP, if we go to the doctor we need to pay, but if we had OHIP before and there is no more than 90 days within the expired work permit and the new one we will get a full reimbursement without showing any document.
if there are more than 90 days we do need the document that states our new status, usually sent with new OWP or in a different letter.

2. If we had OHIP before or not ,with OWP case type 27 we do get OHIP with the relevant documents: passport, OWP and letter of employment.

That info is coming from the MP in Toronto Craig Scott.
Also I had the same info on:
OHIP,47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON M2N 0H2
(416) 314-5518, Donna was the agent that gave me the same info.
She said that as soon I get my OWP I should go to :
ServiceCanada
534 College St
Toronto, ON
and they will renew it just showing the OWP and they might ask me for letter of employment if there is a gap of more than 90 days within both works permits.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
insonoro said:
Guys fresh info form OHIP

1: For that people who is waiting the OWP, if we go to the doctor we need to pay, but if we had OHIP before and there is no more than 90 days within the expired work permit and the new one we will get a full reimbursement without showing any document.
if there are more than 90 days we do need the document that states our new status, usually sent with new OWP or in a different letter.

2. If we had OHIP before or not ,with OWP case type 27 we do get OHIP with the relevant documents: passport, OWP and letter of employment.

That info is coming from the MP in Toronto Craig Scott.
Also I had the same info on:
OHIP,47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, ON M2N 0H2
(416) 314-5518, Donna was the agent that gave me the same info.
She said that as soon I get my OWP I should go to :
ServiceCanada
534 College St
Toronto, ON
and they will renew it just showing the OWP and they might ask me for letter of employment if there is a gap of more than 90 days within both works permits.
Are you saying that you've already had OHIP in the past?

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
GustavesF yes, I had it for 2 years as I was in a OWP for a year and then another year with a YP from IEC.

For those people who never had it, is the same but you will have to wait 3 months before it covers you.

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
insonoro said:
Good Morning BritRam, your info is on the spreadsheet already.

I think you will get your OWP before that, there is an average of 90-100 days to get it.
If I was you I would not be worried as for sure you will get on time.
Thank you insonoro. My fingers are crossed. Also, thank you for the info you have found out regarding OHIP as that was another worry of mine.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
FYI

Called the call centre this morning to ask about my OWP. I sent application with PR mid April 2015. Agent tells me that he cannot give me any info-did not even want my UCI or personal information. I explained that I have knowledge through the web that many others after me have received their permit.
He said that's impossible that they are now processing April 12. When the reach past my date then to call back again.

Though I would share this as we all know that many people have received their OWP who filed after April 12, 2015.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
MariMari7 said:
FYI

Called the call centre this morning to ask about my OWP. I sent application with PR mid April 2015. Agent tells me that he cannot give me any info-did not even want my UCI or personal information. I explained that I have knowledge through the web that many others after me have received their permit.
He said that's impossible that they are now processing April 12. When the reach past my date then to call back again.

Though I would share this as we all know that many people have received their OWP who filed after April 12, 2015.
I find it easier to never listen to the call centre agents. I called and asked the same thing about my OWP app as I'm going to be back on implied status again soon and just wanted to be sure that they hadn't lost the application and they told me nearly the same thing as you.

They seem to be getting that "April 12th" date from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/INFORMATION/times/temp.asp (look for work permit extension) rather than looking into actual cases.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MariMari7 said:
FYI

Call center is stupid. In order to get anything out of them you have to trick them.

Tell them you submitted February 2015, then they'll actually look it up, and once they do you can say "oh you know what, did I say February, I meant April" or "no, I'm pretty sure I said April".

Even then, the information they give you is likely wrong. So I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MPs have a different email address than what CIC gives to the public and I always got valid information when my MP sent them an email.
I know, it doesn't help those who have a less helpful MP, but if you haven't contacted your MP yet, give it a try.
(On a side note - I don't think it matters - all of the inquires that my MP sent to CIC are registered in my GCMS notes.)

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
I am lost. no AOR no feedback no UCI at all. and the CIC agent just told me all the general info such as processing time etc. over the phone and by email. Those things i had already read them online before i called her. Frustrated.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
b4bow said:
I am lost. no AOR no feedback no UCI at all. and the CIC agent just told me all the general info such as processing time etc. over the phone and by email. Those things i had already read them online before i called her. Frustrated.
AOR takes between 2 and 10 months. Nothing happens before AOR, so unless you got a visitor visa you won't have a UCI.

It sucks, but that's how CIC is, terrible.

If you want anything before AOR you'll have to visit your MP.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
GustavesF said:
AOR takes between 2 and 10 months. Nothing happens before AOR, so unless you got a visitor visa you won't have a UCI.

It sucks, but that's how CIC is, terrible.

If you want anything before AOR you'll have to visit your MP.
my visitor expired on June 13, perhaps i should apply for restoration of my status before OWP comes just in case of getting out of status.

any updated info regarding the application of restoration of visitor status?

thanks all for helping me to get through these terrible processes.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
b4bow said:
my visitor expired on June 13, perhaps i should apply for restoration of my status before OWP comes just in case of getting out of status.

Wait, if you had visitor status, did you also have a Visit Permit / TRP?

If you did, your UCI number will be the same as is printed on there and you should be able to try and check your status on ECAS... other people in a similar situation were able to do so and check ECAS even though they hadn't recvd AOR. Worth a shot!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
b4bow said:

The simplest way to restore your visitor status is to flagpole.

There's a method to do so online but it's awful, takes a while, and I couldn't figure it out.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
The simplest way to restore your visitor status is to flagpole.

There's a method to do so online but it's awful, takes a while, and I couldn't figure it out.
But with the overstay, the chances of being denied re-entry could be high.