May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
If CIC receives the second OWP application by August 8th, it might work. Now comes the $64k question...does the person stop working until they receive the OWP? Remember how many arguments there have been here about PGWP and OWP?
Yeah, that's always a though one. But I would say, if someone has a written statement that he/she personally allowed to work under implied status, I would say, go for it. But it's better to get this statement through the MP than the regular call centre agents.

As for insonoro's case, it's surprising that they said he/she (sorry, I'm not sure) is allowed to work. As a rule of thumb I got that you are good to go with PGWP but not with IEC. But one thing is clear:

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:
(...)
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada
If you leave, your implied status as a worker is over.

Also, from an older source:

Re-enter Canada as a TR, if the Case Processing Centre (CPC) has not yet made a decision on your application to extend your work permit. Please note that you will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit. You must satisfy the officer at the port of entry (POE) that you have sufficient means of support. This applies if you:
- are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt;
- held a valid multiple-entry visa before leaving Canada; or
- travelled only to the United States** and/or St. Pierre and Miquelon by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it
I'm sorry to say, but CBSA officer not always so well informed about CIC's rules and process.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
JoyG said:
Thanks Sophie and Ponga for the quick replies.
I checked the CIC website immediately after reading your responses and this is what they have to say about insufficient fee:

Incorrect fee payment

Incorrect fee payments may delay processing your application.

Payment issue – No fee included

CIC will return your application.

Note: Processing of your application will only start after you return your application with requested fees.

Payment issue – Insufficient fees included

CIC will inform you of how much to pay and how to pay.

Note: Processing of your application will only continue after you provide the missing fees.

Payment issue – Overpayment

CIC will:

start processing your application, and
send you a refund as soon as possible.
Note: You do not have to request a refund, it will be done automatically.

It's been 45 days since i sent the application. Wouldn't they have contacted me earlier if the application was being sent back anyways?? :(
Just do a quick search in this thread for OWP, you will see how many was sent back due to the missing $100. And no, they wouldn't have contacted you, they will take a look at your app when it's your turn in the queqe and then notice the missing fee, then decide what to do with it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nomad Nicol said:
Just thinking as I go here, if I applied for inland and OWP, was granted my OWP and then withdrew my inland and applied for outland would my OWP be cancelled?
I've seen a lot of people wondering about it, I don't know who will be brave enough to try it. You would get your OWP only because of your INLAND app, so they could easily revoke it.

Nomad Nicol said:
Finally (for now!) what's the reference point for a conditional PR and will they take into account the time we've been together while the application is processed?

My gf and I began living together in October 2013 so we'd have been common laws for just less than 2 years when we get the application submitted. If it takes 2 years to be approved we'd have then been together for nearly 4 years so it would be a bit of a shame that we'd have to wait another 2 years for it to be unconditional.

EDIT - For the last part I've read something now saying that you aren't in a common law relationship until you've been living together for a year so it would be the conditional I assume.
It depends on your years together by the time you applied. Otherwise, with the process taking so long hardly anyone would get the conditional.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Ponga said:
If you now have DM on your PR application you certainly don't need the OWP anymore. :)

CIC does offer refunds, sometimes, so you should contact CIC and request yours ASAP.

Good luck!
Thank you very much Ponga for your help, i guess i just saved $100, hopefully my case will get approved...
i have received an email before says, my cases was sent to local cic office(montreal) and will contact me for an interview, but 3 days later when i checked my online status, it shows decision made instead in progress...hope this is a good sign... :'(

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Good new for me! :D

Checked my boyfriends e-mail, and that was received last night at 7 pm

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/04/30

But wait.. thats the day I sent the app, they received it on the 5th of May (according to Canada Post)...So I am Arpil 30th applicant now? :eek: ;D

Also, does AOR mean that they not gonna sent the app back for any reason and they checked it?

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
I got my OWP today in the mail, 7/15/2015. It was issued on 7/8/2015 for a period of 2 years.

Can you update the spreadsheet?

Now that I have received this a question popped into my head that I would like answered. Now that I have my OWP do I also receive a social security number of sorts as well and if so when?

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
To get a SIN# you need to go to Service Canada. A SIN is their equivalent of an SS#. I've heard that it's a fairly straightforward process. After that you'll want to get a health card, license and so forth.

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Johninsask said:
To get a SIN# you need to go to Service Canada. A SIN is their equivalent of an SS#. I've heard that it's a fairly straightforward process. After that you'll want to get a health card, license and so forth.
n
Thank you.
Can I do this before or after I am employed?

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
kuriositty said:
I got my OWP today in the mail, 7/15/2015. It was issued on 7/8/2015 for a period of 2 years.

Can you update the spreadsheet?

Now that I have received this a question popped into my head that I would like answered. Now that I have my OWP do I also receive a social security number of sorts as well and if so when?
My OWP is issued and received on the exact same day as yours. :)

Please update mine also.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
kuriositty said:
n
Thank you.
Can I do this before or after I am employed?
You'll need a SIN in order to gain employment I think. As for the health card, I'd enquire with your provincial health service. I would def make getting a SIN# the first priority.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
ywqu said:
My OWP is issued and received on the exact same day as yours. :)

Please update mine also.
CIC is on the roll! I got mine yesterday:) I updated your, kuriositty's and my timelines with this info on the spreadsheet.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Congrats everyone! :)

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sophieee said:
Congrats everyone! :)
Thanks Sophieee!! :) I so heavily relied on your FAQ and your and others' help on this forum so Kudos to you!!:)

I posted a question regarding the OWP on the other thread dedicated to the pilot OWP but I wonder f you might know the answer?

so this is the post:

does anybody know what are the rules for working for a non Canadian company in Canada with the pilot Work permit (case type 27)

to give a bit of background info, I work for a company back in my country which is a multinational company with it's own entity in every country they have offices eg in Canada. So they work as f they were separate companies in all countries when in reality they have the same US owner. My company would like to transfer me from my original country to the Canadian one however the internal company approvals take time. My question is can I work for my original company in Canada (which would be a non Canadian employer) until the approval process is done?

Naturally my company has a big name law firm vendor who suppose to know all these details, but they screwed up my first work permit application on the first place, so since then I am doing everything without their 'help' and coming to this forum and it is way more helpful and practical than trying to pick their brain.

I was also thinking maybe to call CIC to ask, but not sure if they know it either...

thanks for any pointers you could give!!

thanks a mill again for your help:)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GG_wife said:
Thanks Sophieee!! :) I so heavily relied on your FAQ and your and others' help on this forum so Kudos to you!!:)

I posted a question regarding the OWP on the other thread dedicated to the pilot OWP but I wonder f you might know the answer?

so this is the post:

does anybody know what are the rules for working for a non Canadian company in Canada with the pilot Work permit (case type 27)

to give a bit of background info, I work for a company back in my country which is a multinational company with it's own entity in every country they have offices eg in Canada. So they work as f they were separate companies in all countries when in reality they have the same US owner. My company would like to transfer me from my original country to the Canadian one however the internal company approvals take time. My question is can I work for my original company in Canada (which would be a non Canadian employer) until the approval process is done?

Naturally my company has a big name law firm vendor who suppose to know all these details, but they screwed up my first work permit application on the first place, so since then I am doing everything without their 'help' and coming to this forum and it is way more helpful and practical than trying to pick their brain.

I was also thinking maybe to call CIC to ask, but not sure if they know it either...

thanks for any pointers you could give!!

thanks a mill again for your help:)
You can work for any employer in Canada, it doesn't matter if the employer is Canadian or not.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Hi guys! How long does it take usually to access to check your application status after you receive AOR??

Got it last Friday but still says that they can't find my application