May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Diarraye said:
Hi Sophie: This is what i get today from Cic, Your application for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law within Canada. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.However,a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.these requirements include medical,security,and background checks for you and if applicable,all of your family members,both in Canada and abroad,even they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time you cannot become a permanent resident until you all your family members have met these requirements i'm asking if all my family member have to do medical,security and background check even there are not in Canada and even i didn't apply for any of my family member to come to Canada i don't have my own kid my family member are only brother's what should i do now and how long u think it will be take to get my PR?
Hi,
Congrats!:) That's just the standard AIP letter, everyone gets this regardless if you have dependent or not. Your brother doesn't need to do anything, just wait for an other email.

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
May 5th applicants, lets keep each other updated ;D

I havnt received OWP or AOR yet...but I guess it not even 2 month since I applied.
Checking the mailbox every day though!
How is everyone else doing?

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
Hi Can anyone advise on this:

I am on PGWP till June 2016, and CIC has received my application in Jan 2015 (AOR = April 2015), in this case should I apply for OWP under pilot program or should I wait until I am 6 months away or so to apply for OWP. Also what are the fees for OWP, I read there are two fees $100+$150.

Thank you in advance.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
manjani said:
Hi Can anyone advise on this:

I am on PGWP till June 2016, and CIC has received my application in Jan 2015 (AOR = April 2015), in this case should I apply for OWP under pilot program or should I wait until I am 6 months away or so to apply for OWP. Also what are the fees for OWP, I read there are two fees $100+$150.

Thank you in advance.

Under which category did you apply for PR?

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
ywqu said:
Last time I check with a school near Parc Metro Station. They ask for employment proves other than just a OWP.
Which school you had asked? Can you tell me the Add?
Ywqu, you have to apply online:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/services/dacf-electronique/index.html

Then, you click on " faire une nouvelle demande"

MIDI will process your case and, then, they will contact you to indicate the school you should go for an evaluation interview.

Good luck !!!

wonderbelle

Apr 18, 2015
GG_wife said:
One more thing to watch out for: don't rely on the implied status what applying for OWP gives you. Regardless what visa you are on if that expires before you get your OWP app back due to be insufficient payment you will become out of status right away. Your only chance then to apply to restore your status if that didn't expire more than 90 days prior. Eg if you are on visitor visa and sent your OWP app on June 24 CIC can have 4 month to get back to you ( in some cases they took longer than that) so latest till oct 24 you should get your app back. If your current visa expires prior to oct 24 even though you will have applied status till CIC send back your OWP app, you will loose that applied status when they respond to you. If they take 4 month and you get a response on oct 24, but your current visa expired let's say on July 2nd you won't be able to ask for restoration of status b/c there's more than 90 days between july 2nd and oct 24. So if you are in this situation apply for visa extension.
Hope this helps
thanks :) my status will expire january 2016, I'm thinking of sending the receipt next week. You think it's a good idea? I will include the my details (name, bday, UCI etc.) or much better to wait for the AOR so that I can include the file number? thanks again!

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
Ywqu, you have to apply online:

Then, you click on " faire une nouvelle demande"

MIDI will process your case and, then, they will contact you to indicate the school you should go for an evaluation interview.

Good luck !!!
Merci beaucoup. Will sign in when i got the OWP.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
kimzie said:
Hi dreematt, unfortunately we are on the same boat. they sent us back the OWP package first week of june and we submitted it again the next day. I'm hoping and praying that they will re consider the application and give us the working permit.
Hi kimzie i phone the CIC yesterday i don't know why every agent have different answer with regards to the processing of re submitted OPW app. The first time i phone the agent said i wont have to wait for another 4 months again but yesterday the agent that i talked to said i will have to wait for another 4 months. Makes the waiting time more stress right? Can you update me if you will get your OPW anytime soon? SO i can have idea if mine will be coming soon to or on the next 4 months. Thank you and best of Luck to all of us that's waiting patiently.

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Ecas shows application recieved April 17, 2015and medical recieved under applicant. Under sponsor says application
To sponsor April 17, and started processing June 12 2015.
Is this a good sign?
Hás anyone who sent their application At same time recieved Owp?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
wonderbelle said:
thanks :) my status will expire january 2016, I'm thinking of sending the receipt next week. You think it's a good idea? I will include the my details (name, bday, UCI etc.) or much better to wait for the AOR so that I can include the file number? thanks again!
no problem :)
if your visa is good till 2016 jan then nothing to worry about:)

what I have seen what happens when people send the extra 100 CAD later than the original application, is that the OWP app will be still sent back along with the original 155 CAD, but not with the 100. so I am not sure if it is worthy to go down on that route.

also I assume the UCI you have for the visa is not the same you will get for the sponsorship (at least it's not the same for me. I have one visitor UCI and one spouse sponsorship UCI and they are different) Your spouse sponsorship UCI will arrive with your AOR and only then they could make the connection between your later payment and your OWP app. If you send the receipt earlier to CIC they will not be able to locate your file and add the note.

I would also suggest to write on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oneyear-pilot-owp-for-spouses-and-commonlaw-partners-t260580.0.html thread which is dedicated entirely only to the OWP project and you could have a chance to meet people who are in the same situation with late payment

I sincerely hope it will work out for you, all the best!

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
MariMari7 said:
Ecas shows application recieved April 17, 2015and medical recieved under applicant. Under sponsor says application
To sponsor April 17, and started processing June 12 2015.
Is this a good sign?
Hás anyone who sent their application At same time recieved Owp?
I sent my end of March and still no OWP, however Vaza3D is eg. April 14 applicant and got his OWP June 24. He mentioned it earlier in this thread.

hopefully yours will arrive soon too:)

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
GG_wife said:
I sent my end of March and still no OWP, however Vaza3D is eg. April 14 applicant and got his OWP June 24. He mentioned it earlier in this thread.

hopefully yours will arrive soon too:)
Dora your ecas show the same as mine?

wonderbelle

Apr 18, 2015
thank you so much GG_wife for the wonderful insight :) it's really a big help for me on what to do. I'll try to wait for my AOR first before sending the receipt, hope it'll not going to be a long wait :)

Sammyk240

Jun 28, 2015
Hey all,

I'm getting all my documents ready to send in for the spousal visa, do people usually wait to get the AOR before doing their medical as it's only valid for a year? I don't particularly want to pay $300 two times for the same medical twice :)

Thanks for the help!