Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Vaza3D said:
April 14th, together with inland app.

Ok, good. Congrats :) Just wondering under which category did you apply? I am an inland pnp approved applicant and want to know when and how can we apply for an open work permit.

So far I have applied to extend my work permit on May 14th and PR on June 10th.

wonderbelle

Apr 18, 2015
Hello Guys! I just mailed my app today together with my OWP app but unfortunately I didn't include the 100 dollars for the Open work permit holder fee. Is there a way that I can send the receipt for the open work permit holder fee seperately? If yes, how? Thanks!

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
kimzie said:
hi dreematt, it sucks right? they should have just contacted us and asked for the additional payment instead of waiting for 3-4 months then returning our app back. its just so frustrating and stressful. they should re evaluate their procedures bec it is not easy that only 1 person is working.. we all decided to do inland so we can be with our family but this long process sometimes breaks the family..
Hi kimzie yah I know it's just so hard coz we already anticipated that it's gonna come then they will return it. It's only a matter of consideration right? Even just a ill bit but nothing, guess we have to wait ANd pray that as soon as they receive the right payment they'll issue us our OPW.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Hello, guys !!

Last week, I found out that OWP (with the code 27) makes me eligible to attend the french course offered by Quebec's government even without CSQ.

At MIDI's website, it is mentioned that a spouse waiting for a PR can attend the french course. On the other hand, in the OWP it is said: " unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course" .

Do you know if I can attend it or not ?

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
MC2015 said:
Hello, guys !!

Last week, I found out that OWP (with the code 27) makes me eligible to attend the french course offered by Quebec's government even without CSQ.

At MIDI's website, it is mentioned that a spouse waiting for a PR can attend the french course. On the other hand, in the OWP it is said: " unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course" .

I believe that anyone can take a course of any kind as long as it is 6 months or less. I would look further into it to be sure.

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
Hello, guys !!

Hi MC2015, I am also in Quebec waiting for my PR and OWP.
Have you applied for health insurance yet?
Do they require any other documents other than just OWP?

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
Hi Can anyone advise on this:

I am on PGWP till June 2016, and CIC has received my application in Jan 2015 (AOR = April 2015), in this case should I apply for OWP under pilot program or should I wait until I am 6 months away or so to apply for OWP. Also what are the fees for OWP, I read there are two fees $100+$150.

Thank you in advance.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
ywqu said:
Hi, OWP under pilot program is case type 27. In Ontario for example that type of OWP does not make you eligible for health insurance only case type 20 OWP. You might want to check with Service Canada whether OWP case type 27 can give you health insurance in Quebec.

Further discussion on different types of OWPs here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oneyear-pilot-owp-for-spouses-and-commonlaw-partners-t260580.915.html

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
GG_wife said:
Hi, OWP under pilot program is case type 27. In Ontario for example that type of OWP does not make you eligible for health insurance only case type 20 OWP. You might want to check with Service Canada whether OWP case type 27 can give you health insurance in Quebec.
Thank you very much, GG Wife.

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
ywqu said:
ywqu, I haven't applied for health insurance because it needs the CSQ + OWP but, for the french course, just the OWP is enough.

wonderbelle

Apr 18, 2015
wonderbelle said:
Hello Guys! I just mailed my app today together with my OWP app but unfortunately I didn't include the 100 dollars for the Open work permit holder fee. Is there a way that I can send the receipt for the open work permit holder fee seperately? If yes, how? Thanks!
Can anyone please answer?

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
MC2015 said:
ywqu, I haven't applied for health insurance because it needs the CSQ + OWP but, for the french course, just the OWP is enough.
Last time I check with a school near Parc Metro Station. They ask for employment proves other than just a OWP.
Which school you had asked? Can you tell me the Add?

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie: This is what i get today from Cic, Your application for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law within Canada. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.However,a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.these requirements include medical,security,and background checks for you and if applicable,all of your family members,both in Canada and abroad,even they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time you cannot become a permanent resident until you all your family members have met these requirements i'm asking if all my family member have to do medical,security and background check even there are not in Canada and even i didn't apply for any of my family member to come to Canada i don't have my own kid my family member are only brother's what should i do now and how long u think it will be take to get my PR?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
wonderbelle said:
Hey, most likely they will send the app back to you due to insufficient payment.

Just on the previous two pages on this thread some of our fellow applicants are discussing the exact same situation. They did send the extra 100 bucks later, regardless the app was returned. They are resubmitting again with the correct payment at the second time.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
wonderbelle said:
One more thing to watch out for: don't rely on the implied status what applying for OWP gives you. Regardless what visa you are on if that expires before you get your OWP app back due to be insufficient payment you will become out of status right away. Your only chance then to apply to restore your status if that didn't expire more than 90 days prior. Eg if you are on visitor visa and sent your OWP app on June 24 CIC can have 4 month to get back to you ( in some cases they took longer than that) so latest till oct 24 you should get your app back. If your current visa expires prior to oct 24 even though you will have applied status till CIC send back your OWP app, you will loose that applied status when they respond to you. If they take 4 month and you get a response on oct 24, but your current visa expired let's say on July 2nd you won't be able to ask for restoration of status b/c there's more than 90 days between july 2nd and oct 24. So if you are in this situation apply for visa extension.
Hope this helps