May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Diarraye said:
Hi Sophie this is what I get in my mailbox regarding my sponsorship I'm very stress out and worry. An interview has been scheduled for you in regards to your sponsorship application for *******as a member of Spouse or common-law partner in Canada Class. The interview will be held at the Canada Immigration Centre, Room 210, 2204 Avenue SE, Calgary Alberta on *** at ***am. t is imperative for you to appear for your interview. If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated. you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in this application and your application could be refused At this interview, there is no right for counsel to attend. However, counsel is welcome to attend on the date set for the interview. Counsel may be a barrister or solicitor, friend. relative or any person who is there, with the permission of the applicant. Presence of counsel should not impede the interview process. Please note that counsel, friends or family members are not allowed to act as interpreters. If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you must contact our office b mail or by fax at ****** no later than ***2015. Our office will ensure an accredited interpreter is available. In your please state your full name. Unique client identifier number and the language in which correspondence you would like to conduct the interview The Unique client identifier in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification number. Canada. with Citizenship and Immigration correspondence Please include this number in any telephon the Call Centre at (Toll Free) Genera If you require further assistance, information and application kits may also be obtained through our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca. Yours truly
Please i need some example for interview. :(
That's good news, don't panic! Most likely you will meet one officer who will make separate interviews with you and your partner. They can ask you personal questions about you, your partner, your relationship, your everyday life. Just answer everything honestly and it will be okay. If you know what was the problem / concern with your application you can prepare to answer those questions in detail. And if you can, you can bringe more proof to the interview that shows that your relationship is genuine.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Hello, I was originally applying outland but due to increased processing times in London and my work visa running out I am considering inland. I'm worried about not being able to leave canada ... does anyone have experience with this?
Check the London thread, many cases from Islamabad are processed in London and the processing time for those are really that long, but for applicants from Great Britain last time I checked it was around 6-8 months.
For the travelling question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.ct58m7ri2s25

Ines86

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Hi there,

I phoned on Monday the call center to asked them about my OWP, Iam a January 7th applicant. I had a friendly lady she helped me a lot and was wondering why they didn't issue my OWP yet. She send a claim or something like that to a caseworker and told me I will hear from them or receive my OWP. I forgot to aked how long this will take.
Does anyone know the processing time for this?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've got a question.

So I'm Canadian and my partner is American. She's going to be coming here as a visitor and extending her visitor status until we are common law and then we will apply for PR via inland sponsorship. On the inland application, we have to provide documents proving her legal status in Canada. Her legal status will be visitor status, but since Americans don't need visitor visas, we won't have a physical concrete document to photocopy that proves her status. What should we submit when we apply? When you extend you visitor status do you get a physical document that states your visitor status?

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Yes, when you get an approval for a visitor extension a copy gets sent in the mail especially if you sent in a paper application. I applied online and it came via my online account with CIC. I don't know if a copy was suppose to be mailed to me or not, but I never received it in my physical mailbox.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS said:
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've got a question.

So I'm Canadian and my partner is American. She's going to be coming here as a visitor and extending her visitor status until we are common law and then we will apply for PR via inland sponsorship. On the inland application, we have to provide documents proving her legal status in Canada. Her legal status will be visitor status, but since Americans don't need visitor visas, we won't have a physical concrete document to photocopy that proves her status. What should we submit when we apply? When you extend you visitor status do you get a physical document that states your visitor status?
Legal status is not required for an Inland applicant...and hasn't been since Feb 2005. CIC recently updated the Inland Guide (and only the Inland Guide) that says that legal status is required, but AFAIK, nothing has changed...yet. Since she wouldn't even qualify as your Common-law partner until a year from now, it's possible that this will change by then.

Why would you [eventually] want to submit an Inland application? Are you aware that she can submit an Outland application and still visit you in Canada and likely remain in Canada during the process? Outland applications for Americans are seeing ~ 8-10 months processing time, compared to ~ 2 years for Inland.

Don't let the `carrot on the end of the stick', meaning the Pilot Program Open Work Permit* that's now available sooner for an Inland applicant, hypnotize you into succumbing to the Inland vortex! It's living hell for most people!!

*The Pilot OWP is processed ~ 4 months after CIC receives the application, versus ~16 months for the regular OWP. It's also worth noting that it's a one year program that may or may not be available for those applying a year from now. CIC will determine if it was successful or not, before extending it beyond December 2015.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, I thought it was required, my mistake. In the application guide (I think it's 3999 or something like that) under collect documents it said legal status, so I thought it was required.

We wanted to do inland so she could get the OWP, but I didn't know the processing time was so much different. On the CIC site, the outland one was something like 55 days for the sponsor application, and then the Los Angeles Visa Office was 29 months or so (she's from California so we assume her application would go there). The inland one was something like 31 months, so I thought they were similar enough that the OWP would be worth it. Where did you get those processing times from? I must be looking in the wrong place.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
anybody is getting OWP from the late March/beginning of April applicants?
it seems that there was a wave of OWPs in May and all of the sudden it stopped. The latest I see in Sophieee's spreadsheet is only one person got OWP on June 16, but nobody between May 29 and June 16.

well I'd better go and check my snailmailbox now...maybe today is the day...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Don't let the `carrot on the end of the stick', meaning the Pilot Program Open Work Permit* that's now available sooner for an Inland applicant, hypnotize you into succumbing to the Inland vortex! It's living hell for most people!!
Listen to Ponga, don't ever apply Inland if it can be avoided.
People at CIC might try to convince you to apply inland, that just because they are trying to trick you.
You never want to apply inland. It's a trap.

If you apply outland you'll be done before you would even get AOR applying Inland.

Inland applications are only processed when CIC has absolutely nothing else to do, and that includes daydreaming and chasing butterflies.

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
GG_wife said:
anybody is getting OWP from the late March/beginning of April applicants?
it seems that there was a wave of OWPs in May and all of the sudden it stopped. The latest I see in Sophieee's spreadsheet is only one person got OWP on June 16, but nobody between May 29 and June 16.

well I'd better go and check my snailmailbox now...maybe today is the day...
I know a friend who sent app on 6th March got her OWP today.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Does anybody know about a returned OPW permit app if they will pursue the process once they received the complete payment? They returned mine last wens I applied march 10 due to the reason that it's an incomplete payment. Missing 100 dollars for the new policy,

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
ywqu said:
I know a friend who sent app on 6th March got her OWP today.
thanks for the info! much appreciated.
looks like end of March applicants are still being processed then.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS said:
Oh, I thought it was required, my mistake. In the application guide (I think it's 3999 or something like that) under collect documents it said legal status, so I thought it was required.

We wanted to do inland so she could get the OWP, but I didn't know the processing time was so much different. On the CIC site, the outland one was something like 55 days for the sponsor application, and then the Los Angeles Visa Office was 29 months or so (she's from California so we assume her application would go there). The inland one was something like 31 months, so I thought they were similar enough that the OWP would be worth it. Where did you get those processing times from? I must be looking in the wrong place.
I had a border officer telling me to apply inland. I consulted numerous times here, and the verdict is... If u can support her financially, apply Outland. Some provinces will allow health coverage after SA. I tracked Outland us-Canadian app timeline, and it's anywhere from 6-12 mo.

NZjosh

Sep 29, 2013
dreematt said:
Does anybody know about a returned OPW permit app if they will pursue the process once they received the complete payment? They returned mine last wens I applied march 10 due to the reason that it's an incomplete payment. Missing 100 dollars for the new policy,
im in the same situation, don't know if I have to just send them the $100 receipt or re-do the whole package. they sent back form IMM5710 but did not send back anything else

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie: For my inland application for my permanent residency I went to the interview today the officer make my wife to write affidavit that our marriage are genuine after that she didn't ask to many question i'm confuse why she didn't tell here the decision at same place but she said she will make the decision by end this week do you think is good signe? ;D