INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WackS said:
Sponsorship and OWP application filed on April 7, 2015
AOR dated May 22, 2015 received - stating complete application received April 9, 2015
ECAS - application received

how will I know when will the OWP be issued? ???
When it arrives in your mailbox.

As long as you have maintained your legal status, it should arrive by early August (hopefully sooner).

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Erdbeerchen said:
thank you very much GG_Wife for your answer, no we did not requested the certificate yet, I thought the marriage statement would be enough, I will go monday and request it, I`m in New Brunswick, I just read it takes here also 2 to 3 weeks and costs $ 35 ? not sure.
your welcome:) yes there is a cost associated to it. (in Ontario a certified marriage certificate was only $22, but I can imagine it is different in New Brunswick)

If for some reason you cannot wait until your marriage certificate arrives and you need to send in your PR app earlier, then you can send your Record of solemnization of Marriage in the PR application. But you must explain that you are waiting for your marriage certificate to arrive and that once you have it you will send it to CIC. Then wait until your receive your AOR from CIC which contains your UCI number and use that UCI number to pass on your marriage certificate to them.

either way marriage certificate is a must. :)

all the best with the app:)

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Received AOR today, June 13, 2015. CIC received my application on April 21, 2015. Can you update this on the spreadsheet please? Thank you.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
kuriositty said:
Received AOR today, June 13, 2015. CIC received my application on April 21, 2015. Can you update this on the spreadsheet please? Thank you.
good news:) I added this to your timeline. all the best with the rest

WackS

Jul 18, 2014
Ponga said:
When it arrives in your mailbox.

As long as you have maintained your legal status, it should arrive by early August (hopefully sooner).
What do you mean by legal status?

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hi guys, so I sent in my application but my TRV is expiring this month and I want to apply for an extension just incase my application is sent bck after my WP expires which is in August. However is says in the application guide to wait until the WP is approved. What should I do?

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi Guys, I need some help here....

I applied for my work permit on May 14th which was the last day of it. So, I just paid $155 fee to extend it but for some technical issues my work permit application was not submitted till next day which I realized after a get a confirmation that my application has been submitted on May 15th.

Now, I am not sure if I am under implied status or no.

Will visa officer ask me to pay another $200 or reject my application?

Also, I made one mistake - Under current status I put worker but wrote down wrong dates in "from" and "to" columns. I hope that won't be an another reason for an officer to reject my application.

I am really worried here because CIC is taking so long to process W.P. applications and if they give me results of my application after 90 days that it is rejected then I won't be able to extend my work permit.

Does anybody suggest me to go to US/Canada Border and apply for a work permit extension over there and withdraw my online application ?

I do have valid Multiple entry visa and send my PR application last week under PNP Nominee category.

Please advise. I am really worried about my case.

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
GG_wife said:
your welcome:) yes there is a cost associated to it. (in Ontario a certified marriage certificate was only $22, but I can imagine it is different in New Brunswick)

If for some reason you cannot wait until your marriage certificate arrives and you need to send in your PR app earlier, then you can send your Record of solemnization of Marriage in the PR application. But you must explain that you are waiting for your marriage certificate to arrive and that once you have it you will send it to CIC. Then wait until your receive your AOR from CIC which contains your UCI number and use that UCI number to pass on your marriage certificate to them.

either way marriage certificate is a must. :)

all the best with the app:)
thank you again :) we still have time until the middle of August to send my inland application, so by that time the certificate should arrive in the mail *fingers crossed*. And after that the long waiting begins, as I read here it takes about 3 months for AOR, is that just a letter or email from CIC saying that they received the application ? and after that about 16 months for the approval of sponsor, if I understood correctly. But at least I can work hopefully soon if everything gets approved, to finally help my husband supporting us! I`m just not sure about one question, I was working for several years for a very small one man company, the boss unfortunately passed suddenly away while I was working there and I don`t have really proof that I worked there, what if CIC wants to call that former employer, or is it not really common that CIC calls in family sponsorship the former employers ? thank you and all the best to all of you.

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Erdbeerchen said:
thank you again :) we still have time until the middle of August to send my inland application, so by that time the certificate should arrive in the mail *fingers crossed*. And after that the long waiting begins, as I read here it takes about 3 months for AOR, is that just a letter or email from CIC saying that they received the application ? and after that about 16 months for the approval of sponsor, if I understood correctly. But at least I can work hopefully soon if everything gets approved, to finally help my husband supporting us! I`m just not sure about one question, I was working for several years for a very small one man company, the boss unfortunately passed suddenly away while I was working there and I don`t have really proof that I worked there, what if CIC wants to call that former employer, or is it not really common that CIC calls in family sponsorship the former employers ? thank you and all the best to all of you.

I would think that if you have paystubs and tax documents that prove you worked there with an explaination that your former boss passed and possiblity an obituary should be all the proof you need. I have no idea if they actually call former employers or not.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pretty_girl said:
Hi Guys, I need some help here....

I applied for my work permit on May 14th which was the last day of it. So, I just paid $155 fee to extend it but for some technical issues my work permit application was not submitted till next day which I realized after a get a confirmation that my application has been submitted on May 15th.

Now, I am not sure if I am under implied status or no.

Will visa officer ask me to pay another $200 or reject my application?

Also, I made one mistake - Under current status I put worker but wrote down wrong dates in "from" and "to" columns. I hope that won't be an another reason for an officer to reject my application.

I am really worried here because CIC is taking so long to process W.P. applications and if they give me results of my application after 90 days that it is rejected then I won't be able to extend my work permit.

Does anybody suggest me to go to US/Canada Border and apply for a work permit extension over there and withdraw my online application ?

I do have valid Multiple entry visa and send my PR application last week under PNP Nominee category.

Please advise. I am really worried about my case.
Your OWP applications will most likely be denied due to insufficient funds. If your previous work permit expired on May 14, you are/will be out of status. I would apply for restoration of status with an explanation letter. You can try and send and application for OWP and restoration of status together. Just make sure you pay all the fees.
I think it's a very bad idea to go to the border, it's not their job to give you work permit, and you can find yourself in trouble if you reveal that currently you have no legal status.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nisha647 said:
Hi guys, so I sent in my application but my TRV is expiring this month and I want to apply for an extension just incase my application is sent bck after my WP expires which is in August. However is says in the application guide to wait until the WP is approved. What should I do?
If you sent the right forms with the right fees, you should just wait.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
sophieee said:
Your OWP applications will most likely be denied due to insufficient funds. If your previous work permit expired on May 14, you are/will be out of status. I would apply for restoration of status with an explanation letter. You can try and send and application for OWP and restoration of status together. Just make sure you pay all the fees.
I think it's a very bad idea to go to the border, it's not their job to give you work permit, and you can find yourself in trouble if you reveal that currently you have no legal status.

I applied for my work permit online on May 14th before it expired. But it was not submitted till May 15th. So, should I withdraw my application and apply for restoration of my status?

Also, when I talked to CIC's customer service rep., he told me that I am under implied status as applied on May 14th besides the fact it got submitted on May 15th and I have a right to use my payment receipt as a proof. But, I know all depends on the officer which is the reason I am worried that my application might be rejected.

Mandy413

Jun 1, 2015
Hey Everyone -

I have kind of a specific question in regards to an e-mail I received from CIC.

I received AOR on April 18, 2015.

I then received another e-mail May 14, 2015 stating the following:

"Please find attached a letter related to your application to sponsor under the family class. Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records."

The thing is there was no PDF attached! I contacted the call center and they had no record of this e-mail being sent. I'm just curious if anyone else has received this e-mail, what it's all about, etc. I'm just worried it said something important and they have no record of sending it. :eek: Instead, they said they had record of a second request being sent for form IMM5669, which is an e-mail we never got. We resent the form in anyway and have heard nothing since...

Any help is appreciated!!

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
sophieee said:
If you sent the right forms with the right fees, you should just wait.
Thank you for replying Sophieee the thing that am worried about is that when I had applied for my PGWP last year I made a mistake about the date I entered into my common law relationship it was even you that cleared up the meaning for me a couple months back anyways so that's what am worried about so hopefully they don't hold it against me....

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie: like I wrote to you before about my application for sponsorship transferred from Mississauga to Calgary for review in March Cic Calgary send me letter that my application was receive but due to the high volume application in Calgary office cases received in April 2015 are stimated to be review October 2016 But I receive another letter 10 days after to request to send prove of relationship in order to continue to process my application ( declaration statutory of relationship,join bank,recent dated photographs,phone bills,T4's,options C,notice of assessment. I send all the request in 2 weeks after they received I check my application online it said In (PROCESS) now I'm confuse I don't know if the review will be in October 2016 or it already started?