Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hi Everyone new in here,

Sophie wanted to share mine,

Sponsorship under Common LAw:
Application Sent- Feb 9, 2015
CPC-M Inland
Application Received- March 17, 2015
AOR- April 21, 2015 ( Received by me and the Sponsor )
OWP- with the PR Application

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
mirko86 said:
Yes i know.But hr told me that i cant :( i try to call cic but always waiting ,i dont know what are my options now?
you should tell your HR to call cic so she can hear it herself about the implied status. prolly she doesn't know what implied status mean.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kimzie said:
you should tell your HR to call cic so she can hear it herself about the implied status. prolly she doesn't know what implied status mean.
She call cic and who knows what she ask,she told me that i need to change my status to visitori dont know how to deal with them .Thanks

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
mirko86 said:
She call cic and who knows what she ask,she told me that i need to change my status to visitori dont know how to deal with them .Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
You can show them this link which is on the website of cic itself.

And I quote from the link:
A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189 (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

So this means you can keep working under the same conditions of your expired permit, given that the OWP application has been received by CIC before your current work permit expired.

I had the same issue with my employer but was able to keep working because of this rule and received my OWP without issues, on which it was also stated that I had maintained my status as a temporary resident under my previous conditions of the expired permit.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
danny87 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp
You can show them this link which is on the website of cic itself.

And I quote from the link:
A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period.

If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189 (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

So this means you can keep working under the same conditions of your expired permit, given that the OWP application has been received by CIC before your current work permit expired.

I had the same issue with my employer but was able to keep working because of this rule and received my OWP without issues, on which it was also stated that I had maintained my status as a temporary resident under my previous conditions of the expired permit.
Thank you ,i will try .But if doesent work with them what are my options?To hire lawyer? To bring them my recipe from cic?Thanks

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
dreematt said:
Hi Everyone new in here,

Sophie wanted to share mine,

Sponsorship under Common LAw:
Application Sent- Feb 9, 2015
CPC-M Inland
Application Received- March 17, 2015
AOR- April 21, 2015 ( Received by me and the Sponsor )
OWP- with the PR Application
hello, welcome here and thanks. I am filling in for Sophiee to add ppl to the list. I am adding you right now. Would you mind to share the country of your origin, current city of residence in Canada and if medical and police check was also sent with the application? thanks!!

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Oh sorry
Country of origin- Philippines
Residing at Edmonton
Police and medical- included in the app

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
HI,

I have a question..

I would like to submit my Inland application ASAP. So do I need to attach the Medical with my app or i can send it later when CIC will ask.

Please advice.

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
I have a question..

I would like to submit my Inland application ASAP. So do I need to attach the Medical with my app or i can send it later when CIC will ask

Both option are available, you can send it along with the initial application or latter on when CIC ask for it after AIP is received.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Hello Sophieee and others,

My application to apply inland for my spouse is ready but without police certificate. I have seen some persons have applied in past without sending police certificate with the application. I wonder if anybody have any trouble(not sending the certificate with application) from CIC regarding this in the past .

Thanks all,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can_aussie said:
Hello Sophieee and others,

My application to apply inland for my spouse is ready but without police certificate. I have seen some persons have applied in past without sending police certificate with the application. I wonder if anybody have any trouble(not sending the certificate with application) from CIC regarding this in the past .

Thanks all,

CIC is well aware of the FBI backlog, so just include a note stating that you have (or will be) ordering the FBI report and will provide it when you have received it. If you don't include a note, CIC will think that you forgot to include it and may return your entire application.

Vitalyzav

May 25, 2015
Good Afternoon everyone! ;)

Here is our situation: me and my wife got married on March 28, 2015. She is currently on the work permit which expires June 23rd 2015. As a result we are still waiting on our Marriage Certificate to send it with inland sponsorship application as well as OWP. The whole process is really complicated, as a result in the process of gathering documents and filling the forms out we have got few questions:
1) firstly, what if we don't recieve Marriage Certificate before her wp expires, in that case would they still review our application if we send it after the 23rd? If it is risky, should we extend her stay as a visitor?
2) second of all, do we have to fill ot the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] form, if we are married?
3) furthermore, do we still have to provide all the papers that prove that we have been together for more than a year?
4) and lastly, we have got a police certificate from our country, however, do we still have to provide one from Canada as well?

I know it is a lot of writing :( but we are afraid something might go wrong. I highly aprecciate your help guys! ::)

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi All,

My wife sponsor me with Inland application. Just wanted to know if it's a good idea to show my "notice of assessment" or information regarding my job (letter of employment) because my wife does not earn much but I have good job. And we both are in Canada.

Appreciate your reply..

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
mirko86 said:
Thank you ,i will try .But if doesent work with them what are my options?To hire lawyer? To bring them my recipe from cic?Thanks
Well, you could always call the CIC, explain to an agent what's going on (after confirming that your applications have been received) and have this agent confirm with your employer that you can keep working and under what conditions.

Otherwise you are reliant on the cruel cruel CIC and hiring a lawyer wouldn't make much difference and only complicate things as well as costing you money. You can always bring a copy of your applications to your employer as additional proof you have submitted the applications.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Ponga said:
CIC is well aware of the FBI backlog, so just include a note stating that you have (or will be) ordering the FBI report and will provide it when you have received it. If you don't include a note, CIC will think that you forgot to include it and may return your entire application.
Hello Ponga,

Thanks for your response.

Our Police clearance has to come from India and it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Is it possible to write this note. As you said they are aware of FBI backlog but in this case it's not FBI.