Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
anamargarita.0926 said:
Hi everyone! Im in the process of filling up my IMM008 form and I have a question about my dependant. I have a son back in the Philippines, he is my dependant but I am not going to include him in my application yet. There is a question in form IMM0008, if the dependant is going to accompany principal applicant to Canada? Should I put yes or no? Im just confuse because if I put NO, the visa officer might think that im not going to get him in the future.
He is a non accompanying dependent, you need to declare him as such. As long as his information is included in you application you will be able to sponsor him later once you have obtained permanent residency but I'm pretty sure you will have to wait until you are landed as PR to sponsor him once you've declared him as a non accompanying dependent. I could be wrong on that last point though best to check with one of the more experienced users on that.

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Hi Sophie, please add me too!

Applied for Inland sponsorship
Application sent: Nov 5, 2014
AOR received: Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office: Mississauga
Country of origin: South Korea
Canada city of residence: Edmonton, AB
Current status: Implied w/ OWP
OWP: sent with app, waiting

Thank you!

mishwhis

Jan 16, 2015
So I called CIC yesterday as I wasn't sure if my OWP application is right and will be processed. I only sent the IMM5710 form and receipt for $155 along with my PR application to Mississauga -it was received on January 29th. I was glad to hear from the agent that the Statury declaration of common-law union is not needed (it only applies if your partner is here on work permit or student visa, so not necessary with the PR applications as your partner-sponsor must be citizen or PR). Also it should be alright without the checklist.

What I was more worried about is the "implied" status. My visitor visa is only valid until 26th of May, but I should receive OWP through Pilot program until May 29th if it's really gonna be within 4 months, call agent said it can be 4-5 months. He recommended me to apply for an extension of my tourist visa just to stay safe (if my application gets refused it will put me out of status). Anyways I know they recommend to apply for an extension a month before your visa expires, but I am still hoping to get my OWP before May 26th. If it doesn't come on time is it ok to apply for an extension right before my visa expires?

Also the people who already received theirs OWP, can you see it in On-line services or not? Did anyone got it without sending there the Statury declaration?

Thanks for any advice and big thanks to Sophieee for all the hard work she does! I can try to help with managing the Spreadsheet, but won't be able to do that every single day, anyways still can help couple days a week if that works?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Hi Sophie, please add me too!

Applied for Inland sponsorship
Application sent: Nov 5, 2014
AOR received: Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office: Mississauga
Country of origin: South Korea
Canada city of residence: Edmonton, AB
Current status: Implied w/ OWP
OWP: sent with app, waiting

Thank you!
Thanks for sharing! So, you app was received on Nov 7, right? And did you get the email from CIC confirming the receiving? That date would be the date of your AOR.
Also, have you called them (or your MP) regarding your OWP? You already should have received it if you sent the OWP app with your PR app.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mishwhis said:
So I called CIC yesterday as I wasn't sure if my OWP application is right and will be processed. I only sent the IMM5710 form and receipt for $155 along with my PR application to Mississauga -it was received on January 29th. I was glad to hear from the agent that the Statury declaration of common-law union is not needed (it only applies if your partner is here on work permit or student visa, so not necessary with the PR applications as your partner-sponsor must be citizen or PR). Also it should be alright without the checklist.

What I was more worried about is the "implied" status. My visitor visa is only valid until 26th of May, but I should receive OWP through Pilot program until May 29th if it's really gonna be within 4 months, call agent said it can be 4-5 months. He recommended me to apply for an extension of my tourist visa just to stay safe (if my application gets refused it will put me out of status). Anyways I know they recommend to apply for an extension a month before your visa expires, but I am still hoping to get my OWP before May 26th. If it doesn't come on time is it ok to apply for an extension right before my visa expires?

Also the people who already received theirs OWP, can you see it in On-line services or not? Did anyone got it without sending there the Statury declaration?

Thanks for any advice and big thanks to Sophieee for all the hard work she does! I can try to help with managing the Spreadsheet, but won't be able to do that every single day, anyways still can help couple days a week if that works?

CIC needs to receive the new application before your visa expires, but they can receive a day before, that's still fine.

And thanks for volunteering, GG_wife started to help me today, but I will let you know if we need more help.
I won't be here next week, but GG_wife will take care of this thread and the spreadsheet :)

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
Hi guys

Should I be able to see the open work application on ECAS...the online status site? I can see my application was received as well as medical.....was anyone able to see the status of owp application?

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Hi guys..

I can finally join this thread after so much anticipation..

I sent my application (for PR and OWP) on April 29th. Nothing received yet.

I have two questions for the experts:
1. I have been in Canada since 2009 (6 years and months), and my husband says I don't need a police check if i have lived in canada for more than 5 years.
He also says I don't need a medical, I searched the CIC website and i couldn't find anything to that effect.

Can anyone shed a light please? I'm worried my application will be rejected for these 2 reasons.

Thanks,

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifedoctor said:
Hi guys..

I can finally join this thread after so much anticipation..

I sent my application (for PR and OWP) on April 29th. Nothing received yet.

I have two questions for the experts:
1. I have been in Canada since 2009 (6 years and months), and my husband says I don't need a police check if i have lived in canada for more than 5 years.
He also says I don't need a medical, I searched the CIC website and i couldn't find anything to that effect.

Can anyone shed a light please? I'm worried my application will be rejected for these 2 reasons.

Thanks,
Your husband is half right (like most). LOL!

You do not need a PCC from Canada, unless CIC specifically asks you for one.

You DO need an immigration medical exam from a CIC panel physician. Since you didn't do an upfront exam, you should just wait for CIC to contact you (which will be many many months), or you can have the exam now and forward the results to them (but they've been known to `misplace' things that were sent unsolicited).

And...you do still have legal status, correct?

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Thank you for the prompt reply,

and yes, arent most husbands half right? lol

I am on a work permit expiring in june 2015..

I guess it will be "implied status" afterwards?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, implied status as a visitor. The type of WP that you now have will determine if you can also continue working (for the same employer).

Most find that they are not eligible to work, so they sit back and relax...for a very lonnnng time!

Just curious to know why you chose an Inland application? Were you aware that a person IN Canada can submit an Outland application to take advantage of faster processing times (for many applicants)?

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Frankly I chose in land for the OWP processing time, I am relying on express entry for PR.

I have a job offer and that will increase my chances significantly (i hope)!

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
sophieee said:
Thanks for sharing! So, you app was received on Nov 7, right? And did you get the email from CIC confirming the receiving? That date would be the date of your AOR.
Also, have you called them (or your MP) regarding your OWP? You already should have received it if you sent the OWP app with your PR app.
Our application was received on Nov 7, we received an email from CIC confirming, that date is December 19, 2014. No, I plan to call CIC as well as MP tomorrow morning. My husband and I are rather frustrated that so many others have their OWP before us when we had sent in all necessary documents as they instructed. *sigh* Hopefully soon!

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Our application was received on Nov 7, we received an email from CIC confirming, that date is December 19, 2014. No, I plan to call CIC as well as MP tomorrow morning. My husband and I are rather frustrated that so many others have their OWP before us when we had sent in all necessary documents as they instructed. *sigh* Hopefully soon!
So we called CIC today, the agent checked the status and the OWP has not been issued. The agent sent a msg to the work permit office to check the process and they'll try to issue the permit as soon as possible and send it if there are no other problems. If there is a problem, they'll let us know by email. According to the agent, we won't have to wait for another 3 months even if they start processing the OWP right now since it has passed the proper processing time, they'll process ours first as a priority. Then they'll mail it out to us. As long as they still have our application.....it will be issued soon.

Keep you all posted! Wish us luck!

May 7, 2015
Jamarns said:
He is a non accompanying dependent, you need to declare him as such. As long as his information is included in you application you will be able to sponsor him later once you have obtained permanent residency but I'm pretty sure you will have to wait until you are landed as PR to sponsor him once you've declared him as a non accompanying dependent. I could be wrong on that last point though best to check with one of the more experienced users on that.
@Jamarns thanks a lot for your help!