waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kaosezmu said:
Second, having an OWP would be great since I've been unable to work for over year (and we don't mind the long wait when there's an OWP). But then third, we still want to travel by the end of this year (and of course in the future), but obviously not at the risk of losing the PR application or my status. ....which I know, but can't a girl have it all? ;)

Any advice will be helpful! And feel free to tell me if something is not a good idea!
a large majority US outland applicants are approved in LESS than 1 year. the times posted on the CIC website are not averages, and reflect mostly worst case scenarios. a majority of US outland applicants are approved in 6-10 months, depending on the speed of the Ottawa visa office. if the application is taking longer than 12 months, it's usually because there is an issue with the application and/or an interview has been requested. At this point (until we know the TRUTH about the new OWP pilot program), a US citizen will be approved and able to work legally in canada MUCH quicker by applying outland. Inland gives no guarantee that an OWP will be issued before an OUTLAND application would be approved. in my opinion, apply inland at your own risk...

kaosezmu

Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for the input, guys.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. In terms of wording, whether I apply with outland or inland app...when I re-enter I must always say that I'm visiting right? And I should be upfront about my PR application at the border while clearly communicating that I understand I am still visitor until the PR is granted.

And then upon re-entry, do I have to apply for another extension request? Or if we travel and return before my extension expires (and assuming I'm allowed re-entry at the border), then the original one still stands?

I guess my biggest concern is that if I were to finish my outland app while not residing/visiting canada, wouldn't that pose a danger to our common-law union (aside from the fact that it would suck to be apart, too)?

It just seems like traveling while doing this process (be it inland or outland) pose different sort of risks. In which case, all things considered...outland is def. better.

Langley

Mar 1, 2015
I just went with my husband through the paperwork and the result is more questions.... :'(

We want to apply for Family Sponsorship inland.

1. My PR card expired on Feb.27. I applied for a new one in Oct. 2014. Still have not got it. I called CIC at the end of Feb. and they told me to wait another 2 or 4 weeks. She could not see that anything was missing or wrong....
Do I have to add a copy of the PR card as a sponsor or will the Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292) enough?

2. Do I have to fill out the Additional Family Info (IMM 5406) as a sponsor?

3. On the document checklist they ask for pages from a Canadian passport or travel document. I am only PR, so I do have a German passport. Do I have to send pages of my German passport (as a travel document)? Or can I leave that box blank?

4. Proof of income for sponsor. We do not have any dependents. They ask for original printouts of the most recent Notice of Assessment (2014 I guess) and printouts of the income slips. I don`t have that Notice of Assessment yet, so they ask for an explanation on a separate sheet of paper. What should I write?

5. On page 16 of the guide (IMM 5289) they say; "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it (only the section or the whole page?) and submit it along with your application."
I needed more space for the personal history of the Background declaration (IMM 5669). So I listed the information in an excel sheet and added it as an appendix. Would this also ok, or do I have to print additional pages from IMM 5289? I guess I would need more than one and it will be confusing at the end....

Thank you for your help and have a great Sunday.

jeda555

Mar 10, 2015
Update: CIC received my application on March 9, and I get the email from CIC to confirm my application is received by CIC office on March 29.
now time to wait

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Just got my AOR today... you can update de spreadsheet.

I was noot able to see application status yet. Is this normal?

They confirmed they received my app Feb 10, 2015 (one day before status expiry lol)

Thanks

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
Another query...I received my AOR March 14...and yesterday received another AOR for PR...it doesnt mention receipt of the OWP. Why did CIC send me 2 AORs with the same application number?

Another query....would my son who is 6mths have implied status as well? Our visitor status expires in June 2015......should I extend his status?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kaosezmu said:
Thanks for the input, guys.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. In terms of wording, whether I apply with outland or inland app...when I re-enter I must always say that I'm visiting right? Right
And I should be upfront about my PR application at the border while clearly communicating that I understand I am still visitor until the PR is granted. Not necessarily, if the officer doesn't ask you anything, you don't have to.

And then upon re-entry, do I have to apply for another extension request? Or if we travel and return before my extension expires (and assuming I'm allowed re-entry at the border), then the original one still stands? Upon re-entry you can get a new extension. But if you don't, always apply for extension.

I guess my biggest concern is that if I were to finish my outland app while not residing/visiting canada, wouldn't that pose a danger to our common-law union (aside from the fact that it would suck to be apart, too)? No.

It just seems like traveling while doing this process (be it inland or outland) pose different sort of risks. In which case, all things considered...outland is def. better.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Langley said:
I just went with my husband through the paperwork and the result is more questions.... :'(

We want to apply for Family Sponsorship inland.

1. My PR card expired on Feb.27. I applied for a new one in Oct. 2014. Still have not got it. I called CIC at the end of Feb. and they told me to wait another 2 or 4 weeks. She could not see that anything was missing or wrong....
Do I have to add a copy of the PR card as a sponsor or will the Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292) enough?

2. Do I have to fill out the Additional Family Info (IMM 5406) as a sponsor?

3. On the document checklist they ask for pages from a Canadian passport or travel document. I am only PR, so I do have a German passport. Do I have to send pages of my German passport (as a travel document)? Or can I leave that box blank?

4. Proof of income for sponsor. We do not have any dependents. They ask for original printouts of the most recent Notice of Assessment (2014 I guess) and printouts of the income slips. I don`t have that Notice of Assessment yet, so they ask for an explanation on a separate sheet of paper. What should I write?

5. On page 16 of the guide (IMM 5289) they say; "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it (only the section or the whole page?) and submit it along with your application."
I needed more space for the personal history of the Background declaration (IMM 5669). So I listed the information in an excel sheet and added it as an appendix. Would this also ok, or do I have to print additional pages from IMM 5289? I guess I would need more than one and it will be confusing at the end....

Thank you for your help and have a great Sunday.
1. Take a look at the checklist. There are 6 things that can prove your status, you need to send one.

2. You are the spouse or common-law partner, so you need to fill out that row.

4. Send now an explanation that why is it missing and send it later.

5. Excel is fine.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Congrats for the AORs, jeda555 and vinotintazo! :)
CIC sometimes send a second AOR. There is no consistency.

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
sophieee said:
Congrats for the AORs, jeda555 and vinotintazo! :)
CIC sometimes send a second AOR. There is no consistency.
should I be able to view App progress (status) online? I was not able to, says the info provided doesnt match anything...

Shane123

Mar 22, 2015
Hi guys,
Just a quick question. I sent in my pr application on February 20,2015 i didnt know that i was suppose to send an additional $100. Paid $1040, will thay take it from that amount then request the remaining $ 100 ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
vinotintazo said:
should I be able to view App progress (status) online? I was not able to, says the info provided doesnt match anything...
You should be able in a couple days (or weeks), but there are some 2014 applicants who still can't.

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
Hi there

I was asking if i would have to extend my son's status....are as I have implied status...the same goes for him? I applied for my OWP with PR application..he is part of the application as a dependent.

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
sophieee said:
You should be able in a couple days (or weeks), but there are some 2014 applicants who still can't.
ok thanks! will try in a week or so.

VCM

Mar 31, 2015
Newbie here,

I read through this post, just realized that I may have paid insufficient fund to CIC for my OWP, what should I do? which address should I send the application fee? do I need fill up the updated 5710 form?

I paid only the open work permit holder fee $100, but not the $155 work permit fee

application received 3.11, AOR 3.29 via email

currently on visitor visa,