+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

stevenstunner

Jan 31, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
1. you can still apply OUTLAND even if you are living in canada on a work permit. if you have a current valid work permit, then there is absolutely no reason to be applying inland, especially if you happen to be visa exempt. if that is the only reason why you are applying inland, then i would highly recommend reconsidering. most outland visa offices approve applicants in 6-12 months. most are approved within 8-10. can you even apply for an OWP when you currently have a valid one? i would recommend double checking that. also, it's still not guaranteed that new applicants will receive the OWP in 4 months from when your application was SUBMITTED.
2. the marriage certificate is a REQUIRED document, and must be submitted upfront. not submitting the marriage certificate upfront risks delays in processing, even getting your application returned. it is not the same as not submitting your medical or pcc upfront.
3. if you don't have any criminal or dependant issues, then there is no need to waste money on an attorney. many give out wrong advice, and all they are really there for is to "double check" your paperwork. if you are a competent human being, then there is no need to pay someone to "check" your application.
Thanks for your respond but its with the short time i have one my work permit why i decided inland is my option regardless of the waiting time, because i might not get my marriage certificate in time and i dont want to be out of status before submitting my application so im planning to send my record of solemnization of marriage with a note saying ill send my marriage certificate as soon as i receive it.

Im also required to have a visa to come here so i dont want by any case we are called in for an interview at my country i might have problem getting a visa to return.

Another thing im worried about is that i dont have much evidence of our relationship before we got married, we have been out several time but for some reason we never take picture together we also get each other gift on Birthdays and so forth but no cards, Is there any other way i can proof this?
(we been living together for 9 months)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GG_wife said:
so i am at the stage of paying the spouse sponsorship fees. YAY!
however I do not find very clear how much I need to pay:
Principal applicant (including $75 for sponsorship) $550.00 -That's me!
Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner $550.00- Who is that? my husband is Canadian and sponsoring me, so it does not apply to him right?
Family member of the principal applicant who is under 19 years of age, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship OR is 19 years of age or older who has been unable to be financially self-supporting since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition $150.00 -OK this is N/A for me
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00 that's me again

so my calculation is 1040 CAD (550+490) for the sponsorship. We do not need to pay any additional fees on the top of it, is that correct?
I just do not want to mess up in the finish line:)

thanks so much in advance for your response!!
That's right, Principal applicant and RPRF. But if you want, you can pay the RPRF later, it's needed only after DM.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
stevenstunner said:
Another thing im worried about is that i dont have much evidence of our relationship before we got married, we have been out several time but for some reason we never take picture together we also get each other gift on Birthdays and so forth but no cards, Is there any other way i can proof this?
(we been living together for 9 months)
That can be a problem. There is a part of the FAQ, proof of relationship and cohabitation, try and send as much of those things as you can, even if it's recommended only for common law applicants, it can't hurt a married couple either. I bet there are a lot of other tips in the thread about the organization.
Good luck!

jonwv

Oct 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Hi Sophieee,

I have contacted CIC regrading my current status. I am on study permit and received academic suspension for 8 months in Jan 2015, I have submitted a petition and am appealing for the suspension right now(University has not report suspension to CIC). I have also submitted OWP app along with inland app on Feb 13, 2015.

My question is, if my university report my status to CIC now, am I still on implied status because of the OWP app? or do I just lose status and won't get OWP anymore?
CIC suggested me to apply for a visitor record to remain in Canada until I get back to school this September with a new study permit, however I am from a non visa exempt country and according to others words that I cannot apply for VR, is that true? Thank you

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys, we are trying to prove that weve been living together but we rented a room from a friend so we dont have a lease.
Would a notarized letter from her would be enought or we need to make up a lease?

Thats an example of the letter..am i missing anything?

March 4th 2015

Erin Marshalls
2525 67 ave
Bonnyville AB

This is to certify that

Eric Ford and Katerina Popova have been renting a room at my place at 2525 67 ave, Bonnyville, AB since February 1st 2014 until June 30th 2014. They were paying rent of $800 per month.

Erin Marshalls

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Im scared listening this on cbc :( my work permit expires in may ,to go back home and apply or what.Im cofused ??? ??? ???

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jonwv said:
Hi Sophieee,

I have contacted CIC regrading my current status. I am on study permit and received academic suspension for 8 months in Jan 2015, I have submitted a petition and am appealing for the suspension right now(University has not report suspension to CIC). I have also submitted OWP app along with inland app on Feb 13, 2015.

My question is, if my university report my status to CIC now, am I still on implied status because of the OWP app? or do I just lose status and won't get OWP anymore?
CIC suggested me to apply for a visitor record to remain in Canada until I get back to school this September with a new study permit, however I am from a non visa exempt country and according to others words that I cannot apply for VR, is that true? Thank you
If you lost your status in January and sent your PR and OWP app in February than you don't have any status right now and won't qualify for the pilot program. You have 90 days from the lost of your status to apply for restoration of status.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mirko86 said:
Im scared listening this on cbc :( my work permit expires in may ,to go back home and apply or what.Im cofused ??? ??? ???
You need to apply for PR and OWP before your current work permit expire. And depending on your current work permit you might be able to work on implied status.

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
Hi Sophieee,

I have sent my completed application to CIC Mississauga on Jan14 2015, but haven't got any response on CIC receiving my application, any idea what time can I expect them to give AOR.

Manish.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Thank you sophie.What do u think about depending on my work permit?For me is worst to stay in Canada whitout job . What do u think to talk with my boss about my situation?What i need to provide to my hr menager after apply? Thank you

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mirko86 said:
Thank you sophie.What do u think about depending on my work permit?For me is worst to stay in Canada whitout job . What do u think to talk with my boss about my situation?What i need to provide to my hr menager after apply? Thank you
That's all I know about working on implied status:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.6wm36y6y7l8y

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mirko86 said:
Most recently people got AOR after approx. 2.5 months but it can change anytime. Follow the spreadsheet.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sophieee said:
That's right, Principal applicant and RPRF. But if you want, you can pay the RPRF later, it's needed only after DM.
thank you as always!
The package is on its way now. I mailed it today with the OWP:)

Thanks Sophieee so much for the help and the advices:)

Langley

Mar 1, 2015
Outland application is not an option for us. My husband needs to work and wants to stay with me.

His Holiday Visa expires May 2nd. He applied for the Young Professional Program last Tuesday. Do we have to wait with the Family Sponsorship Application until he has the YP Visa. Or can we apply in the meantime?
If he would not get the YP Visa in time to continue work from May 3 and we had not applied for sponsorship in the meantime...what status would he get? A tourist?

Too many regulations. It confuses me... :'(

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello guys please help !!! :( :(

I am planning to apply for a spouse owp, my restoration period is gonna end by mar 08, 2015. Me and girl friend got married in canada on feb 2015. But unfortunately i still did not get my marriage certificate and I need to apply for a work permit before Mar 08, 2015. As of now am planning to apply with the certificate that the marriage commissioner gave me and later send my original certificate.

I want to know whether it is good to apply online or through paper??. If I apply online the processing times are fast but I understand that I cannot submit my original certificate without a requisition from a Cic officer and because of this i feel that my application can even be rejected.( out of status for past three months and jobless and not enough money for regular expenses). How do I get to a cic officer to ask for my marriage certicare ??

If I apply through paper it takes longer time and how do i send the marriage certificate when I get it ?? How do i connect my application for my WP and my original marriage certificate. ??

Any reply would be really appreciated !! Please help !! Thanks !!