+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
hello everyone! In behalf of my cousin's application which will be inland sponsorship. Is it really necessary to do the medical before she submit their application and does she really need to submit a police clearance with the application? thanks in advance!

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
orotibash said:
hello everyone! In behalf of my cousin's application which will be inland sponsorship. Is it really necessary to do the medical before she submit their application and does she really need to submit a police clearance with the application? thanks in advance!
is not required for inland application, but they will eventually ask for them.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Watch out for this change if you are planning to apply in the near future:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
HI Everyone, I want to courier my package. Is this the address to send with fedex:

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

Thanks

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Blossom318 said:
HI Everyone, I want to courier my package. Is this the address to send with fedex:

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

Thanks
Yes, it is.

mishwhis

Jan 16, 2015
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone got their OWP application already approved? Also how long does it usually take to hear from them after sending the application? Do you have to wait for the AOR or do they send you any email about receiving it? I sent mine on 27th January... :)

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!

Im hoping someone out there will be willing to help me out because Im terribly confused.
My husband is sponsoring me, our plan was to send off our outland application (he lives with me in Sweden) in 2 weeks, I just had my medical done wednesday. But now everything has changed due to CIC changeing the processing time from 11 to 29 months for the London. UK office.

So now we are strongly considering applying inland instead but I know nothing about applying inland! Maybe someone could tell me a bit about it? How long are the processing times? Can I excpect them to be as long as the website says?

Another really big questionmark for me is the OWP Im able to get if I apply inland. Let's say I arrive in Canada as a visitor and send in our PR appliction the same day as I arrive, how long will it be until I can get an OWP? Theese are things feel like I need to know since its not easy living off one paycheck for a long period of time.

Sorry if you all had to answer all theese questions a bunch of times already, Im thankful for any infomation I can get! :)

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys!
We gonna be applying for common law soon. My work permit expires in October this year (is not an OWP, i have an LMO with a specific employer). If I apply for an OWP with my application next month, what woud happen to my old work permit and how long will the new one last?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
mrs.sweden said:
Hello Everyone!

Im hoping someone out there will be willing to help me out because Im terribly confused.
My husband is sponsoring me, our plan was to send off our outland application (he lives with me in Sweden) in 2 weeks, I just had my medical done wednesday. But now everything has changed due to CIC changeing the processing time from 11 to 29 months for the London. UK office.

So now we are strongly considering applying inland instead but I know nothing about applying inland! Maybe someone could tell me a bit about it? How long are the processing times? Can I excpect them to be as long as the website says?

Another really big questionmark for me is the OWP Im able to get if I apply inland. Let's say I arrive in Canada as a visitor and send in our PR appliction the same day as I arrive, how long will it be until I can get an OWP? Theese are things feel like I need to know since its not easy living off one paycheck for a long period of time.

Sorry if you all had to answer all theese questions a bunch of times already, Im thankful for any infomation I can get! :)
Inland: they are currently processing applications received September 2013, so yes, you can expect them to be as long as the posted times, and almost certainly longer. They were stuck on August 2013 for half a year I believe.

The pilot project says 4 months, but no one is sure how that will work yet. It could be 4 months from when it's received, or 4 months from AOR, which are very different.

It's still highly recommended that you apply outland. There have been two people who posted recently, applying through London, had their applications stay in Mississauga, and one got his PPR at the same time as sponsor approval. A November 2014 applicant. Unless you are an 2012-2013 applicant whose file was transfered from Islamabad to London, you should not expect your application to take 29 months, in fact, I would expect your application to take less than a year, and far less than stage 1 for inland. In the end, the choice is yours.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Katerina07 said:
Guys!
We gonna be applying for common law soon. My work permit expires in October this year (is not an OWP, i have an LMO with a specific employer). If I apply for an OWP with my application next month, what woud happen to my old work permit and how long will the new one last?
If you are applying under the new Pilot Program, OWP, if approved, will be valid for two years.

I believe your old Work Permit will become invalid. Not sure, may be someone else can give you a correct answer. However, you won't need it anymore because you will have an OWP.

Nancy1298

Feb 13, 2015
Hello everyone!

My husband (he lives in Canada) is sponsoring me, I am from Mexico and our plan is to send my outland application next week, but now we are considering applying inland, can I apply for OWP? .

Let's say I arrive in Canada as a visitor and send my PR application a week after I arrive, how long will it be until I can get an OWP?

which is better, inland or outland?

hope someone can help me :-\

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Nancy1298 said:
Hello everyone!

My husband (he lives in Canada) is sponsoring me, I am from Mexico and our plan is to send my outland application next week, but now we are considering applying inland, can I apply for OWP? .

Let's say I arrive in Canada as a visitor and send my PR application a week after I arrive, how long will it be until I can get an OWP?

which is better, inland or outland?

hope someone can help me :-\

If you submit your application under the new Pilot program as per CIC you may get OWP in 4 months. This can be longer also as lot of applicants are trying to take advantage of this program.

Keep in mind that if you apply INLAND, it wiil take 2+ years for a decision on your PR application. You won't be able to travel outside Canada (not recommended) till a decision is made.

OUTLAND is recommended because processing times are shorter. You can still stay in Canada as a visitor and also travel outside Canada if needed.

Read the first post in the topic at following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

jackyzhou

Feb 15, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks for all to share you experiences.
I have a question regarding inland and outland family-spouse application. I submitted inland application November 2014(my wife lives in Canada as a phD student, we get married in May 2014 and I am PR) and looks like right now the time for inland application need almost 2 years. Is it possible to change application to outland cause it is faster than inland?