App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Im confused.

Applyig inland under common-law.
When I checked the necessary documents for OWP, one of them included Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]. Is that nesessary to fill in?
In my document checklist there is document requsted named "Declaration of severance of commin-law relationship". Is that the same thing? Than why there nothing about it mentioned in the Guide?

Should I enclose it in my application, does it need to be notarized and where in application would that go? :'(

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
jackyzhou said:
Hi all,

Thanks for all to share you experiences.
I have a question regarding inland and outland family-spouse application. I submitted inland application November 2014(my wife lives in Canada as a phD student, we get married in May 2014 and I am PR) and looks like right now the time for inland application need almost 2 years. Is it possible to change application to outland cause it is faster than inland?
It's not possible to "change" an application from inland to outland. You would need to withdraw your inland application, and submit a new outland application.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
jackyzhou said:
Hi all,

Thanks for all to share you experiences.
I have a question regarding inland and outland family-spouse application. I submitted inland application November 2014(my wife lives in Canada as a phD student, we get married in May 2014 and I am PR) and looks like right now the time for inland application need almost 2 years. Is it possible to change application to outland cause it is faster than inland?
No, You can not change it from INLAND to OUTLAND. If you want to submit an OUTLAND then you might have to withdraw your INLAND application. I am not sure, if it will have any adverse affect. Someone, on this forum had posted (can't find that post) that another application as OUTLAND can be submitted even if an INLAND application has already been submitted.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mishwhis said:
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone got their OWP application already approved? Also how long does it usually take to hear from them after sending the application? Do you have to wait for the AOR or do they send you any email about receiving it? I sent mine on 27th January... :)
The AOR will be the first thing you receive, you should get it in a couple months.
Let me know if I can you to the spreadsheet.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mrs.sweden said:
Hello Everyone!

Im hoping someone out there will be willing to help me out because Im terribly confused.
My husband is sponsoring me, our plan was to send off our outland application (he lives with me in Sweden) in 2 weeks, I just had my medical done wednesday. But now everything has changed due to CIC changeing the processing time from 11 to 29 months for the London. UK office.

So now we are strongly considering applying inland instead but I know nothing about applying inland! Maybe someone could tell me a bit about it? How long are the processing times? Can I excpect them to be as long as the website says?

Another really big questionmark for me is the OWP Im able to get if I apply inland. Let's say I arrive in Canada as a visitor and send in our PR appliction the same day as I arrive, how long will it be until I can get an OWP? Theese are things feel like I need to know since its not easy living off one paycheck for a long period of time.

Sorry if you all had to answer all theese questions a bunch of times already, Im thankful for any infomation I can get! :)
Take a look at the spreadsheet in my signature, especially the sheet called "AIP", there is a chart that can give you some sense about the timeline changes in the inland sponsorship.

As for the timeline for London, as MilesAway said, there can big differences depending on the country of origin.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
RajaJi said:
No, You can not change it from INLAND to OUTLAND. If you want to submit an OUTLAND then you might have to withdraw your INLAND application. I am not sure, if it will have any adverse affect. Someone, on this forum had posted (can't find that post) that another application as OUTLAND can be submitted even if an INLAND application has already been submitted.
You can't have two application in one category, you have to choose between inland and outland.
A small ease that you don't need to wait for CIC to confirm your withdrawal as it can take several months and you can use the same receipt.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Katerina07 said:
Im confused.

Applyig inland under common-law.
When I checked the necessary documents for OWP, one of them included Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]. Is that nesessary to fill in?
In my document checklist there is document requsted named "Declaration of severance of commin-law relationship". Is that the same thing? Than why there nothing about it mentioned in the Guide?

Should I enclose it in my application, does it need to be notarized and where in application would that go? :'(
For the OWP you have to fill out the IMM 5409.

I'm not 100% sure about the PR app, but a Statutory Declaration can't hurt.
The Declaration of severance of common-law relationship needed only if you had a previous common-law relationship with someone else.

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
sophieee said:
For the OWP you have to fill out the IMM 5409.

I'm not 100% sure about the PR app, but a Statutory Declaration can't hurt.
The Declaration of severance of common-law relationship needed only if you had a previous common-law relationship with someone else.
So they are two different documents?
Okay, Thank you!

riki2010

Nov 26, 2013
Hello senior members

I am applying for Inland this week, please help me in the below questions....

ques1

Can i send the application without option c printout bcoz I have been waiting from 20 days still i havnt got it and my work permit is expiring on 25th feb 2015 ?

ques2

How can i pay for permanent resident fee and open work permit fee together?
can i pay $705 all together online ($550+$155) or should i pay separate for both of them,

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
riki2010 said:
Hello senior members

I am applying for Inland this week, please help me in the below questions....

ques1

Can i send the application without option c printout bcoz I have been waiting from 20 days still i havnt got it and my work permit is expiring on 25th feb 2015 ?

ques2

How can i pay for permanent resident fee and open work permit fee together?
can i pay $705 all together online ($550+$155) or should i pay separate for both of them,
1. Yes, you can, just send an explanation letter that you will send it later and send once you got your UCI / file number.

2. In the online payment menu you have to choose different categories, as one belongs to the temporary, the other to the permanent residence. Anyway, I think it's better to pay separately, this way you can put the whole OWP stuff in a separate envelope inside the "big envelope".

riki2010

Nov 26, 2013
sophieee said:
1. Yes, you can, just send an explanation letter that you will send it later and send once you got your UCI / file number.

2. In the online payment menu you have to choose different categories, as one belongs to the temporary, the other to the permanent residence. Anyway, I think it's better to pay separately, this way you can put the whole OWP stuff in a separate envelope inside the "big envelope".
Thanks a lot for help sophie..:)

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Our PR + OWP application is almost complete! :)

2 questions:

1. The checklist says to include option C printout AND T4s. We have the Option C printout now. My wife (sponsor) haven't got her T4s for 2014 yet, is it mandatory to include in the app? (I don't want to wait another month or so just for that)

2. As for the OWP, when they say 4 months, do they man from AOR?

Thanks guys!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Vaza3D said:
Our PR + OWP application is almost complete! :)

2 questions:

1. The checklist says to include option C printout AND T4s. We have the Option C printout now. My wife (sponsor) haven't got her T4s for 2014 yet, is it mandatory to include in the app? (I don't want to wait another month or so just for that)

2. As for the OWP, when they say 4 months, do they man from AOR?

Thanks guys!
1. You can send an explanation letter that you will send it later and send once you got your UCI / file number.

2. No one knows yet.

tobenai

Feb 18, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've read a few threads on this forum, such a wonderful and informative forum!!! I wish I have found it earlier!

My background:

My husband is originally from Hong Kong, with both Hong Kong (expired) and British passport. We're finally planning to fill out the sponsor forms. I have been Canadian citizen with valid passport for 18 years. We've been married for almost 6 years, with a 5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old daughters. I have been a full time mom with no income since Aug of 2012 when my younger one was born. We do have a house but it's under my dad's and my name ( I cannot apply for mortgage solely without income) My husband travels and visits us about 3 times a year, on our birthdays. He supports us financially and I do have all the proofs of money transfers from over the years. We have travelled and visited each other's family and my extended family over the years. Lots of photos available.

Questions:
1. Do I still need option-C as I had no income but only interests from savings in the banks, and UCCB/Child Tax.
2. Is it more sensible to apply outland? He can visit any time, and he can still work and earn income online as he's an IT guy.
3. When we attached photos as proofs, is it better to print then out from photo labs or print them at home (no color printer) with captions on regular computer paper?
4. I was born in China, do I have to supply a birth certificate? My mom only has a hand written note from the local clinic where I was born (small town in the early 80s) It's been translated. I can get it notorized easily.

It's so nervous racking to organize all the supporting documents and fill out the forms. I am so afraid of getting the application rejected - hence I've procrastinated so long... :mad:

Thanks for any input in advance.

Hope everyone's application gets processed smoothly!!!

cheers
:D