07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
I'm kind of helpless here. I wish I had news on the MTL office -- but I really don't. I really believe they are inundated with the Trumpugee crisis.

Maybe try the call centre to see if they can help? Or your MP (this might be more helpful, than the crappy call centre).

You could always offer to go for a drive to Kitchener, ON. They seem to send landing invitations within a couple days, and the appointment is for less than a week from that date. Though only kidding, I wouldn't drive from QC -- probably just take a flight or a train...
I also think the office is overloaded with refugee claim. The other thing is that there is only one office for the whole province which makes it overloaded as well. But for me it's more for my own curiosity. I don't mind waiting the 8 weeks we were told by the call center, the critical step for me was to get SA and AIP.

As for driving to Kitchener, I wouldn't mind at all. That would be about 8-9 hours of drive, and I would profit the occasion to go for a blue jays game! Although my wife would probably fall asleep in the Rogers center... ;D she gets totally bored by baseball

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
I also think the office is overloaded with refugee claim. The other thing is that there is only one office for the whole province which makes it overloaded as well. But for me it's more for my own curiosity. I don't mind waiting the 8 weeks we were told by the call center, the critical step for me was to get SA and AIP.

As for driving to Kitchener, I wouldn't mind at all. That would be about 8-9 hours of drive, and I would profit the occasion to go for a blue jays game! Although my wife would probably fall asleep in the Rogers center... ;D she gets totally bored by baseball
Our workplace bought a whole sections worth of tickets for the staff.. but my wife won't go either.

1hr 15 to the Rogers centre from here!

But that's also at Union Station. Walk from a via or go train to the stadium is less than a block...

Nu_Applicant

Apr 14, 2017
sylvain1 said:
If you call them, they will likely tell you that you are still under the 26 months timeline, which we all know is not the current timeline. That part will be useless for you. However, you can call and ask them if they received your police certificate and if there is anything missing in your file. At this point, you can maybe try contacting
The third document with the title: "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview". Line 34 will show you that the processing time was 23 months at the end of sept 2016 (3rd trimester) for inland (domestic) spousal sponsorship. The stats for the 4th trimester have not been released yet. But, maybe, with this official information, your MP would be able to make your application being processed.

Yes, most of 2015 applicants are done, but you're really not alone. If you look at the spreadsheet, about a third did not land yet. We got SA, AIP, and DM after 19.5 months. We are now waiting for the landing appointment, so we are not done yet, but it should be over within few weeks.
Hi Sylvain,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing the information on spreadsheet. It was a little relief to know how things work here. I started my inland spouse application in December 2015 and i was under the impression that it should fall under Sept 2016 intake and as per the spreadsheet it says 19 months. I am wondering if my application will fall under Sept 2015 intake as a few days earlier I spoke to CIC agent and they inform me to wait till August 2017, if I don't hear anything than contact them back. Also, my work permit getting expired in April 30 for which I already applied OWP on March 19th but currently they are working on applications received Feb 23 I am not sure if i would get enough time. Do you think I can do flagpoling in this situation or wait?

Any suggestion or comments are highly Appreciated.

Thank you

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Nu_Applicant said:
Hi Sylvain,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing the information on spreadsheet. It was a little relief to know how things work here. I started my inland spouse application in December 2015 and i was under the impression that it should fall under Sept 2016 intake and as per the spreadsheet it says 19 months. I am wondering if my application will fall under Sept 2015 intake as a few days earlier I spoke to CIC agent and they inform me to wait till August 2017, if I don't hear anything than contact them back. Also, my work permit getting expired in April 30 for which I already applied OWP on March 19th but currently they are working on applications received Feb 23 I am not sure if i would get enough time. Do you think I can do flagpoling in this situation or wait?

Thank you

See I didn't even bother calling them because I'm under impression they'll ask me to wait until my 26 months is up. And I'm still waiting for my DM and It's already been 23 months. Would they go by the 26 months or 23 months or whatever the spreadsheet says? I have a feeling if I don't call them they won't touch my paperwork on their desk

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Alila said:
See I didn't even bother calling them because I'm under impression they'll ask me to wait until my 26 months is up. And I'm still waiting for my DM and It's already been 23 months. Would they go by the 26 months or 23 months or whatever the spreadsheet says? I have a feeling if I don't call them they won't touch my paperwork on their desk

actually our rep was like do not even bother them because they would be annoyed and angry with your case so we followed our rep advice I would call once a month

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Alila said:

or talk to mp

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Nu_Applicant said:
Hi Sylvain,

Thank you
You cannot do flagpole for inland landing, because to do it, you need to have your confirmation of permanent residence letter and inland applicants get it only at their landing interview. Regarding your work permit, you don't need to worry. As you applied to renew it before it expired, when your current OWP will expire, you will be on implied status until IRCC makes a decision on your OWP renewal. You will be allowed to continue working, but your employer might ask you to prove you applied to renew it.

I'm sure you will be done before the 26 months they say, but at this point, I would suggest you to get your MP implicated.

Nu_Applicant

Apr 14, 2017
Thank you everyone for your suggestions I really appreciate it. The other few problems are in this journey of waiting for my status I have suffered a great loss. My mother Passed away in October 2016 and I was unable to be with her in her last moment or attend the funeral as I was not a Permanent Resident of Canada. I have a number of Issues I am currently facing at this moment. My Work-Permit is expiring on April 30th 2017, which also leads to expiration of other related documents such as SIN, Drivers License and Work Permit. I will be unable to work at my current employment. I am currently on PT employment and seeking FT employment and in process to get hired and I am worried if new employer ask me to provide OWP I will not be able to and probably that would lead to job loss and as I am on PT I am also on EI and that is expiring too and EI wants from me to provide OWP in order to extend that as they cannot provide more than the WP end date. This is the most difficult process I've ever been in my life.
My family doctor in India contacted me to inform that my father is critically ill and needs family attention. I do not want to face another loss without being with my family at this critical time.

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016
Med's Request
03-28-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016
Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Nu_Applicant said:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions I really appreciate it. The other few problems are in this journey of waiting for my status I have suffered a great loss. My mother Passed away in October 2016 and I was unable to be with her in her last moment or attend the funeral as I was not a Permanent Resident of Canada. I have a number of Issues I am currently facing at this moment. My Work-Permit is expiring on April 30th 2017, which also leads to expiration of other related documents such as SIN, Drivers License and Work Permit. I will be unable to work at my current employment. I am currently on PT employment and seeking FT employment and in process to get hired and I am worried if new employer ask me to provide OWP I will not be able to and probably that would lead to job loss and as I am on PT I am also on EI and that is expiring too and EI wants from me to provide OWP in order to extend that as they cannot provide more than the WP end date. This is the most difficult process I've ever been in my life.
My family doctor in India contacted me to inform that my father is critically ill and needs family attention. I do not want to face another loss without being with my family at this critical time.
I understand how difficult this process is, I am sorry for your loss -- hang in there. You are almost at the finish line. What was the last communication your received from CIC? If you apply for a work permit now you will remain with implied status and can continue to work. Why are you on EI if you are working? Apply for your work permit renewal right away, that is my suggestion. Do not wait until it expires!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Nu_Applicant said:
Prepare the OWP package again, and send it via courier. Make sure it makes it to CIC's mail room before your current OWP expires. Then you have implied status and can continue to work

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
carolbb23 said:
actually our rep was like do not even bother them because they would be annoyed and angry with your case so we followed our rep advice I would call once a month
Last time I called them was a year ago and before I even ask my question they were like : "You still have 17 months to wait, sir . . ."

But They asked for my PCC in november 2016 and gave me a month to submit. But I told them I need more time than that. Then I submit my pcc just a month ago and I don't know how long it take them to process it.

Nu_Applicant

Apr 14, 2017
flagpoleready said:
I understand how difficult this process is, I am sorry for your loss -- hang in there. You are almost at the finish line. What was the last communication your received from CIC? If you apply for a work permit now you will remain with implied status and can continue to work. Why are you on EI if you are working? Apply for your work permit renewal right away, that is my suggestion. Do not wait until it expires!
I already applied for open work permit on March 19th 2017 but seems like CIC is working on application received in Feb 23. My Wife received last communication as mail stating as a sponsor she's responsible for applicant for 2 years. I already submitted my Medicals and PCC. I understand I am on implied status but it is difficult to prove to new employer without any document ike work permit or something which correspond to the core issue of OWP Expiry date. I am currently on Ei as got laid of from previous employment and currently working On-Call PT position.

Nu_Applicant

Apr 14, 2017
Alila said:
Last time I called them was a year ago and before I even ask my question they were like : "You still have 17 months to wait, sir . . ."

But They asked for my PCC in november 2016 and gave me a month to submit. But I told them I need more time than that. Then I submit my pcc just a month ago and I don't know how long it take them to process it.
I don't understand how does it make sense for CIC to work on application received in 2016 and Close the file so fast. I was checking on other threads Family class inland for 2016 some people even receive their PR card here we are waiting from 2015 and have no clue whats the status on file. Few files received in Sept 2016 and Feb 2017 they received their PR Card. I understand the timeline is different for people who did their application in 2016 but still close the files which are open already first and then start working on new files. I do have a good feeling for those who already received their success but its sounds lame for applicants who did their application in 2015. I hope to hear a good news pretty soon.