07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Alila said:
I applied in june 2015, got my AIP and request for my police in nov 2016. I asked for extension in police since it took me well over three months to get one and I sent them last month . . . then I still haven't heard from them. Started to get worried since most 2015 applicant had done. I bet if I call them they'll ask me to wait. It's been 22 months. is this normal, people?
If you call them, they will likely tell you that you are still under the 26 months timeline, which we all know is not the current timeline. That part will be useless for you. However, you can call and ask them if they received your police certificate and if there is anything missing in your file. At this point, you can maybe try contacting your MP. In our case, the MP could not make it move faster, but apparently some can. Also, if you go for the MP, I suggest you print the official stats report from CIC:
http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c
The third document with the title: "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview". Line 34 will show you that the processing time was 23 months at the end of sept 2016 (3rd trimester) for inland (domestic) spousal sponsorship. The stats for the 4th trimester have not been released yet. But, maybe, with this official information, your MP would be able to make your application being processed.

Yes, most of 2015 applicants are done, but you're really not alone. If you look at the spreadsheet, about a third did not land yet. We got SA, AIP, and DM after 19.5 months. We are now waiting for the landing appointment, so we are not done yet, but it should be over within few weeks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
alexism said:
I just missed a call from cic.. Has anyone ever experienced being called by cic? I wonder why
You might want to have a look in the 2016 inland thread. I (correctly) postulated that a few others who had reported something similar was fraud. The Canadian Anti-Fraud centre has reported an uptake in fake CIC calls.

When they call, they will give you an officer number that you can verify with the call centre. You can also call the call centre to verify that someone from CIC did try to reach you.

They will never ask you to verify things like your Passport Number, etc (simple facts that you have already stated in your application to them).

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
sylvain1 said:
If you call them, they will likely tell you that you are still under the 26 months timeline, which we all know is not the current timeline. That part will be useless for you. However, you can call and ask them if they received your police certificate and if there is anything missing in your file. At this point, you can maybe try contacting your MP. In our case, the MP could not make it move faster, but apparently some can. Also, if you go for the MP, I suggest you print the official stats report from CIC:
http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c
The third document with the title: "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview". Line 34 will show you that the processing time was 23 months at the end of sept 2016 (3rd trimester) for inland (domestic) spousal sponsorship. The stats for the 4th trimester have not been released yet. But, maybe, with this official information, your MP would be able to make your application being processed.

Yes, most of 2015 applicants are done, but you're really not alone. If you look at the spreadsheet, about a third did not land yet. We got SA, AIP, and DM after 19.5 months. We are now waiting for the landing appointment, so we are not done yet, but it should be over within few weeks.

Well, as long as they work on my file instead of putting it aside until I have to call them after my 26 months wait is over.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Alila said:
I applied in june 2015, got my AIP and request for my police in nov 2016. I asked for extension in police since it took me well over three months to get one and I sent them last month . . . then I still haven't heard from them. Started to get worried since most 2015 applicant had done. I bet if I call them they'll ask me to wait. It's been 22 months. is this

we are Dec 14 2015 I got my sa on March 10 2017 my husband whose pa got a proof of relationship request so they can continue working on his pr application our rep sent it last Friday by FedEx it arrived on Monday Mr carol passed background and pass criminal and his medical expired on November 2016 and we paid rrpf we are just waiting for medical request

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
And yes that's another thing. In my GCMS notes it said my meds expire this october, but my 26 months wait will be over by August. If they need to take more time to look at my application would they ask me for another meds? I hope not because it's expensive and second, my work permit will expire in sept too. They will cost me a fortune.

So much for their due diligence.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Alila said:
And yes that's another thing. In my GCMS notes it said my meds expire this october, but my 26 months wait will be over by August. If they need to take more time to look at my application would they ask me for another meds? I hope not because it's expensive and second, my work permit will expire in sept too. They will cost me a fortune.

I'm sure you will be long done by that time. In our case, there was no update at all. The mycic account status was that eligibility of the PA was not started. The gcms notes showed the sponsor eligibility was not assessed. And on the same day we got both SA and AIP. Then the next day we got DM letter. So, yours could get processed really any day now. You might still want to call to make sure nothing is missing in your application, but don't worry your turn will come very soon.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Alila said:

Sylvain1 is right. They can actually complete a case in a day. Any day now. Did you call to ask what's up? Maybe they can tell you if your case was reassigned to another office?

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
I got my PR Jan 30, and received my PR card March 17th,

January 31 I moved to my brand new house that i bought from Builder since Sept 2015

after 10 years of being miserable in Canada without PR

I wish every one that still waiting the best,

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Olasam said:
I got my PR Jan 30, and received my PR card March 17th,

January 31 I moved to my brand new house that i bought from Builder since Sept 2015

after 10 years of being miserable in Canada without PR

I wish every one that still waiting the best,
Now I need to apply for US visiting visa, I need to take my family for a trip to New York, Any one have an idea what I need to apply for US visa?

clickwest

Nov 1, 2016
Good night everyone just want to share that I finally got landed today. Was quick and easy three basic question. The process started out in July of 2015 so over 20 months. For all those waiting just keep the faith and be of good courage and every thing will be ok. Any questions with regards to my experience I be glad to answer. Peace out

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Olasam said:
Now I need to apply for US visiting visa, I need to take my family for a trip to New York, Any one have an idea what I need to apply for US visa?
From: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1192/~/canadian--citizens%2Fresidents%2Flanded-immigrants-entering-the-u.s. :
"
Residents (PR) of Canada who are landed immigrants need a passport and visa to enter the United States, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If they are a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP, they are only required to have their valid passport - coming by land or sea. If coming by air, they will need to have advance approval to travel through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). To obtain a list of countries eligible for the VWP, please reference the Department of State Web site.
"

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

and https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/forms/ds-160--online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

You need a DS-160 Non-Immigrant Visa (assuming it's just to visit).

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
sylvain1 said:
I'm sure you will be long done by that time. In our case, there was no update at all. The mycic account status was that eligibility of the PA was not started. The gcms notes showed the sponsor eligibility was not assessed. And on the same day we got both SA and AIP. Then the next day we got DM letter. So, yours could get processed really any day now. You might still want to call to make sure nothing is missing in your application, but don't worry your turn will come very soon.

yes they wI'll request another medical it's called imm1016 right my husband expired last year he did it Nov 24 2015 our rep was saying it's good for 12 to 15 months

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
carolbb23 said:
yes they wI'll request another medical it's called imm1016 right my husband expired last year he did it Nov 24 2015 our rep was saying it's good for 12 to 15 months
IMM1017...;)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.