Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mbazinga said:
Hi Sophieee

Do you guys know if they are going to extend the OWP for 2016 or not ??
No one knows yet.

tintgirl

May 28, 2015
Hello everyone...

I will just add my information to the list. Been following this thread for about a week hoping someone who filed around April 28th has heard back, but no such luck yet.

Canada Inland Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
Date App was delivered (according to Canada Post): April 29th, 2015
Date AoR Email Received: Not yet
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Canadian City of Residence: Kitchener, Ontario
Status: Complicated - Implied Status awaiting Visitor Extension at the time PR & OWP were mailed.
OWP sent with application: Yes
Medical done with application: No
Police Check done with application: Yes

In August of 2013 I filed (as directed by the CIC) for sponsorship with my boyfriend as conjugal inland. He even sent me the application to file in my email. So we got it all done, sent it away, and it was declined in January 2015 because we were not able to do a conjugal inland application. I called the CIC after this happened, and was told there was nothing I could do and that we would just have to file again, this time as common law. Which I double checked and we qualified for it, and so we started getting that together.

As far as my status goes, I made a thread about it last week. Under the advice of the CIC call center I filed an extension to my visitor status while I was sending in my FBI background check (16ish week wait time...), which I filed about two weeks before my visitor status expired in early February, giving me implied status. I got all the paperwork together and was finally able to file my PR and OWP and that was received on April 29th by the CIC. Last week I heard back about my extension request and it was refused, and I was told in the letter to leave the country immediately. I came here, asked for help, did some digging and called the CIC. I'm going to go with the most confident sounding agent that I talked to that day, that said I should still have implied status due to the OWP application and that I can stay until I hear back on that.

Now from what I've found and was told on the forums is that more than likely I will get something back from the CIC when I get my AoR about restoring my status. If not I can file a restoration of status, as long as it's within 90 days of the refusal letter (waiting on my AoR for the file number before I do that). The OWP is up in the air on whether I get it or not, but at this point, being able to stay in the country is more important, the OWP would just allow me to help my partner support the two of us while I wait. Again.

I wish I'd have found this forum two years ago. I wish I'd have found this forum 6 months ago. But, I have it now, so that's something at least. You guys are great.

Sorry for the lengthy post. If there are any others in a similar situation, especially with the visitor extension being refused (apparently because it wasn't sent WITH the PR, and they assumed I wouldn't actually be filing), I'm hoping that posting this situation and the end results will help someone else in the future somehow.

Thanks for reading all :)

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
tintgirl said:
Hello everyone...

I will just add my information to the list. Been following this thread for about a week hoping someone who filed around April 28th has heard back, but no such luck yet.

Status: Complicated - Implied Status awaiting Visitor Extension at the time PR & OWP were mailed.

In August of 2013 I filed (as directed by the CIC) for sponsorship with my boyfriend as conjugal inland. He even sent me the application to file in my email. So we got it all done, sent it away, and it was declined in January 2015 because we were not able to do a conjugal inland application. I called the CIC after this happened, and was told there was nothing I could do and that we would just have to file again, this time as common law. Which I double checked and we qualified for it, and so we started getting that together.

As far as my status goes, I made a thread about it last week. Under the advice of the CIC call center I filed an extension to my visitor status while I was sending in my FBI background check (16ish week wait time...), which I filed about two weeks before my visitor status expired in early February, giving me implied status. I got all the paperwork together and was finally able to file my PR and OWP and that was received on April 29th by the CIC. Last week I heard back about my extension request and it was refused, and I was told in the letter to leave the country immediately. I came here, asked for help, did some digging and called the CIC. I'm going to go with the most confident sounding agent that I talked to that day, that said I should still have implied status due to the OWP application and that I can stay until I hear back on that.

Now from what I've found and was told on the forums is that more than likely I will get something back from the CIC when I get my AoR about restoring my status. If not I can file a restoration of status, as long as it's within 90 days of the refusal letter (waiting on my AoR for the file number before I do that). The OWP is up in the air on whether I get it or not, but at this point, being able to stay in the country is more important, the OWP would just allow me to help my partner support the two of us while I wait. Again.

I wish I'd have found this forum two years ago. I wish I'd have found this forum 6 months ago. But, I have it now, so that's something at least. You guys are great.

Sorry for the lengthy post. If there are any others in a similar situation, especially with the visitor extension being refused (apparently because it wasn't sent WITH the PR, and they assumed I wouldn't actually be filing), I'm hoping that posting this situation and the end results will help someone else in the future somehow.

Hello

I am in a similar situation. Though mine is that a lawyer I hired did not file an application and I am now not sure of my status.
Long story.....
I filed week on April 13th and by courier. I also have not received AOR. I sent OWP plus just in case of needing restoration the extra $200. I wanted to be safe:
Better send more money than not enough.
I also sent my approved LMIA.

I cannot order GsM notes because I don't know my application number and only know my UCI, my ex lawyer has all my documents and I have no way to follow up on the previous applications I made for restoration as I never received a letter or email.

Please keep in touch and I will do the same to see if we receive anything.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
sniper23 said:
How far cic reach in processing.any march applicant
check the link in Sophieee's signature
Inland application's timeline: http://goo.gl/MQNhgm

you can follow where people are at in the process on tab 2014-2015 Application timelines

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
tintgirl said:
Hello everyone...

Thanks for sharing your story!
I am in somewhat similar situation: I sent my visitor visa extension separately from the PR+OWP app. I did not know it had to be in one package. I thought CIC can see both applications and they do not have to assume whether people will send in their PR app or not, but they can actually see it when the decision is made on the visitor extension. You also have two different mailing addresses for visitor visa extension and PR.

For visitor visa it is from the CIC website:

•Address the envelope as follows: CPC-Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212 – 55th Avenue, Unit 303
Vegreville AB
T9C 1W1

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp#5551E6)

For PR again from the CIC website:

If you are sending the application by a courier service, use the following address (no public drop-offs):

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E6)

so it is interesting that they gave you that explanation that it should have been in one package. Or do they say it has to be at the same time when PR is sent (not necessarily in the same package, because that is counterintuitive with the two mailing addresses on CIC website) ?

the only difference in my story is that I have the AOR and UCI number on PR, and most likely my visitor visa extension did not start to be processed yet, but soon should be starting. According to CIC website they are processing now Feb 2015 visitor visa extensions and I sent mine on March 7th. We will see what difference it makes.

thanks again for sharing your story!!all the best to you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tintgirl said:
Hello everyone...

Hi,
I'm sorry but I have to disagree in a couple things.
AFAIK, implied status only works if your application will be approved. Since your visitor extension was denied, you lost your status on the day when your original visitor status expired. Therefore, you have 90 days from that day to apply for restoration of status. Secondly, your OWP application will most likely be denied as well, because you didn't have legal status when you applied.
When you get your AOR of the PR app you won't hear anything about the restoration of your status. The AOR is just a very short email, informing you that they received your application on a specific day. You won't know if your package is complete, if you can apply as common law, or if your status is valid. Nothing like this. You already have the experience, that it took 5 months for CIC to inform you that you can't apply as conjugal partner, even though that's a very simple question, most people don't qualify for it, you have to have very strong proof for this category.
Your best chance is to apply for restoration of status right away, given that it's not too late. When did you come to Canada? Did you ever extend your stay? When did your previous visitor visa expire?
And for the common-law, did you live together at the same place for 12 continuous months with breaks no longer than a couple weeks (but preferable with no breaks at all)? Can you prove it with joint lease agreement?

tintgirl

May 28, 2015
sophieee said:
Hi,
I'm sorry but I have to disagree in a couple things.
AFAIK, implied status only works if your application will be approved. Since your visitor extension was denied, you lost your status on the day when your original visitor status expired. Therefore, you have 90 days from that day to apply for restoration of status. Secondly, your OWP application will most likely be denied as well, because you didn't have legal status when you applied.
When you get your AOR of the PR app you won't hear anything about the restoration of your status. The AOR is just a very short email, informing you that they received your application on a specific day. You won't know if your package is complete, if you can apply as common law, or if your status is valid. Nothing like this. You already have the experience, that it took 5 months for CIC to inform you that you can't apply as conjugal partner, even though that's a very simple question, most people don't qualify for it, you have to have very strong proof for this category.
Your best chance is to apply for restoration of status right away, given that it's not too late. When did you come to Canada? Did you ever extend your stay? When did your previous visitor visa expire?
And for the common-law, did you live together at the same place for 12 continuous months with breaks no longer than a couple weeks (but preferable with no breaks at all)? Can you prove it with joint lease agreement?
G_G Wife - The CIC told me that because it wasn't all in one package the agent might have thought I was extending my stay and not actually going to submit for sponsorship again since it had just been denied a month prior. I wish I could call that CIC agent all the time, she actually was knowledgeable and seemed to care at least somewhat about my situation. Gave quick answers and explained everything clearly. Though I did have this explained to me by other people that if it's not all in one package they can make this decision to deny it... And by one package I mean sent at the same time. :)

Sophieee - Oh, don't at all be sorry for disagreeing with me. I'm very ignorant in this area, and I'm trying to piece this all together as best I can. I'm presenting the information I was given from the CIC call center, this website (and info from folks here), some 'professionals' and going on that. When I originally applied for the conjugal back in 2013, two months later I got what I thought was an AoR, which told me I needed to apply for a restoration of status and to pay a fee I had missed. I sent the original application in August 2013, received that letter in October 2013. Perhaps this wasn't the AoR at all, and they were just informing me of what I missed. I received no other correspondence from the CIC until June 2014 when they wanted me to update my application to show where I had been staying the past year, and if I had been working. Then I again received nothing until January 2015 when they refused sponsorship. I kept my status during that time, during December (for two weeks, with my sponsor), we went to the U.S.A. for Christmas. Then the following July I went to the U.S.A. for 2 weeks to visit my children. I have lived with my Sponsor from February 15, 2013 until now. We have a lease together, joint bank account, all of that.

I completely understand that we didn't qualify for the conjugal inland at the time. I just went with the form the CIC agent emailed me assuming he was correct after I explained our situation and went with that. He was wrong, and it took a year and a half to figure that out. Now we're starting over, but this time we can apply as Common-Law as we have been living together for two and a half years and have bills, bank accounts, lease agreements, all of that to prove everything.

About my status currently... Honestly, it's up in the air. I've talked to two lawyers, 3 immigration consultants, the CIC call center 5 times and have heard both ways because my situation is a bit messy. In the end, how my status is interpreted by the officer who looks at my file will determine how it is handled, and from past experience most likely the OWP will be put on the shelf. I will do what I can to get my status back, including trying a restoration of status (from the refusal date of May 28th from one of the consultants), or waiting and hoping that the CIC will send me a form and a fee to pay like last time to fix my status. I know I can stay while out of status, but I'd rather be in status and try to get the OWP at some point before I get the approval, as it'd help a lot with supporting my sponsor and I.

I did apply already as common-law, as per the suggestion of the call center in January, since we had been living together for two years almost at that point. I researched it this time and made sure this was the correct category and that we did qualify for it. We did everything the CIC asked for, including the Declaration of common-law, and submitted a bunch of supporting documents to show that we are common-law. The firs time it took the CIC 15 months to show that we couldn't do conjugal inland, not 5 unfortunately... But I'm absolutely sure we did everything right this time, so we shall see how it goes.

The only reason I'm waiting for the AoR this time before submitting anything is so that I have a file number to show that I have in fact applied for Sponsorship again. My status expired on February 14th, 2015, I applied for the extension on about February 1st, and it was refused May 28th. If you are correct and it was 90 days from the expiration of my visitor visa, that time is done. I'm hoping that what I've been told by the consultant, that I have 90 days from the date of refusal is correct. We will see I guess.

I'm also looking into H&C grounds...my spouse is disabled. He shattered his knee and was given full disability in 2009. Since I've come to stay with him he has improved his health tremendously, gotten a job and gotten off of most government support (and yes we qualify for PR even with him being on ODSP, because it's for a disability, though he was off of it by the time we applied this time around). I'm terribly afraid of leaving and having him go backwards. We worked hard to get where we are. Which it's why it's far more important for me to just be able to stay at all, and the OWP is only secondary. I care more that he is alright than about helping to support us.

Another long post, sorry about that. ???

tintgirl

May 28, 2015
And please... Don't think I'm here to argue or spread false information. I'm just sharing my story, taking input from all of you folks that have been there or are here currently, reading your stories, and having hope that if not soon, at some point there will be some good news for myself and other folks here. :)

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
Hi guys.. unfortunately our OWP app got sent back. It was weird coz i admittedly didn't know that the total fee is $155 + $100. We only submitted the $155 and after we discovered there's additional $100 we sent it after we got the file number. The weird part is they got the $100 and they lost the first receipt which was the $155.. urghhh..
so now we have to resend it back. my question is:
should we mail it back to cpc mississauga or vegreville? they didn't have an instruction on the letter. thanks

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
sniper23 said:
How far cic reach in processing.any march applicant

Hi I Am march 10 applicant still waiting for the OPW

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
Hello,

just one small question please, we are submitting soon my inland PR application, my questions would be if its enough when I submit our marriage license ? its stamped on the date we got married from the lawyer that made the wedding, with all the needed signatures, date and so on, or do I have to get an other document about the marriage ?

thank you very much in advance

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.