+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

zemphir

Jun 28, 2014
I have a question about extending a work permit that expires on 10/2015.

I'm currently in Canada waiting for my PR and I applied for extension of stay back then as well which will expire on 10/2015 and recently received a Work Permit which will also expire same time. Am I able to just renew/extend my Work Permit without applying for Extension of Stay again? Or do I have to do both in order to qualify for a work extension?

Thank you in advance for your help!

malandoo

May 18, 2015
I'm filling the application form to sponsor my wife. Form IMM1344 has this question

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?

It says if you answer "YES", then you may not be eligible to be a sponsor. My situation is that I submitted a sponsorship for my parents back in 2010 when I was single, but it's still waiting to be processed. Does it count as "YES" regarding to this question? I'm confused.

Thank you so much if you can explain to me.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
zemphir said:
I have a question about extending a work permit that expires on 10/2015.

I'm currently in Canada waiting for my PR and I applied for extension of stay back then as well which will expire on 10/2015 and recently received a Work Permit which will also expire same time. Am I able to just renew/extend my Work Permit without applying for Extension of Stay again? Or do I have to do both in order to qualify for a work extension?

Thank you in advance for your help!
You only need to extend one of them. When is your passport expiring?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
malandoo said:
I'm filling the application form to sponsor my wife. Form IMM1344 has this question

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?

It says if you answer "YES", then you may not be eligible to be a sponsor. My situation is that I submitted a sponsorship for my parents back in 2010 when I was single, but it's still waiting to be processed. Does it count as "YES" regarding to this question? I'm confused.

Thank you so much if you can explain to me.
I think it still counts as a "YES", although I'm not sure. But sponsoring your parents won't make you ineligible, you just need to explain what kind of application do you have. Better ask the call centre.

marketa06

Feb 26, 2015
Hi all,

I got my OWP yesterday! PR app and OWP app sent together, received 17th February 2015. OWP issued on 20th of May 2015, for 2 years, case type 27, employment location unknown.
Good luck to everybody who's still waiting!

Vitalyzav

May 25, 2015
sophieee said:
You have to send them soon, but after the AOR should be fine. BTW, did you get married in Canada? If so, you should have received the certificate in 30 days.
The thing is that we got married in Ontario, as a result, it takes up to 12 weeks to register our marriage. What If we send the application after my wifes's WP is expired? I mean like 10 days later? Would it be a problem? BTW thanks a lot for your help Sophie! You are very helpful!

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vitalyzav said:
The thing is that we got married in Ontario, as a result, it takes up to 12 weeks to register our marriage. What If we send the application after my wifes's WP is expired? I mean like 10 days later? Would it be a problem? BTW thanks a lot for your help Sophie! You are very helpful!
I got married in Ontario. I sent my application with that record of Marriage (I cant remember what it's called but it's that white paper with that big red stamp) and in the application I put a letter explaining why I had not included the Marriage certificate with my app. I still received AOR. If your wife permit expires she will be out of status when you apply.

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
Hey everyone,

So we applied for PR+OWP on April 14, no communication from CIC yet. I will be going on implied status in less then a week (June 4th)... It is a crappy feeling of uncertainty. I was just wondering if it makes sense now to call CIC and ask if they have received the application, since I wanna make sure I am actually going on implied status?

I received delivery confirmation from FedEx that the package was delivered, so I assume they got it, just want to be sure.

Vitalyzav

May 25, 2015
jamique said:
I got married in Ontario. I sent my application with that record of Marriage (I cant remember what it's called but it's that white paper with that big red stamp) and in the application I put a letter explaining why I had not included the Marriage certificate with my app. I still received AOR. If your wife permit expires she will be out of status when you apply.
The record of solemnization you mean? That's great then! What reason did you give them? If you don't mind telling)

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Vaza3D said:
Hey everyone,

So we applied for PR+OWP on April 14, no communication from CIC yet. I will be going on implied status in less then a week (June 4th)... It is a crappy feeling of uncertainty. I was just wondering if it makes sense now to call CIC and ask if they have received the application, since I wanna make sure I am actually going on implied status?

I received delivery confirmation from FedEx that the package was delivered, so I assume they got it, just want to be sure.
I went through the same thing, however after about a month after submission, I received my AOR in which was stated that they had received my application the day after I sent it. 10 weeks later I received my OWP which stated that I maintained my status (basically that I was on implied status) in the time between the expiry of my previous document and the new OWP, so I wouldn't worry too much. I just stayed in the country assuming that I had implied status which was proven to be the correct assumption. It's basically the same thing you are going through.

It doesn't make sense to call CIC before you have AOR if you do not have a UCI yet, because they will ask for your UCI or file number which is stated on the AOR.

If you do already have a UCI, you can try calling them. When you get an agent, just tell them you don't have internet so you cannot check what's going on. That way they will feel more inclined to help you out! :) Good luck!

Vaza3D

May 23, 2014
danny87 said:
I went through the same thing, however after about a month after submission, I received my AOR in which was stated that they had received my application the day after I sent it. 10 weeks later I received my OWP which stated that I maintained my status (basically that I was on implied status) in the time between the expiry of my previous document and the new OWP, so I wouldn't worry too much. I just stayed in the country assuming that I had implied status which was proven to be the correct assumption. It's basically the same thing you are going through.

It doesn't make sense to call CIC before you have AOR if you do not have a UCI yet, because they will ask for your UCI or file number which is stated on the AOR.

If you do already have a UCI, you can try calling them. When you get an agent, just tell them you don't have internet so you cannot check what's going on. That way they will feel more inclined to help you out! :) Good luck!
Thank you for this advice!

Unfortunately it has been more then a month and still no AOR.
I have a UCI on my current WP. Do they use the same UCI for everything?

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vitalyzav said:
The record of solemnization you mean? That's great then! What reason did you give them? If you don't mind telling)
Yes the Record of Solemnization... I explained how long it took for me to get the actual Marriage Certificate from The Registrar in Ontario. I also stated that I would send it as soon as it was requested. They didn't return my application but as soon as I had my AOR I sent it to them instead of waiting for them to ask.

Vitalyzav

May 25, 2015
jamique said:
Yes the Record of Solemnization... I explained how long it took for me to get the actual Marriage Certificate from The Registrar in Ontario. I also stated that I would send it as soon as it was requested. They didn't return my application but as soon as I had my AOR I sent it to them instead of waiting for them to ask.
it makes a lot of things easier, thanks a lot for your help!

Detoye

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi Guys, please how does the processing work. I mean is it like a stages thing? are we going to receive a confirmation has been reviewed and aprove before medicals and how long is will that be? Thank you

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Vaza3D said:
Thank you for this advice!

Unfortunately it has been more then a month and still no AOR.
I have a UCI on my current WP. Do they use the same UCI for everything?
Yes, your UCI will be used for every correspondence with CIC, so you might try calling them since you already have a UCI. They might look into your file if they feel up for helping you, which a lot of agents dont seem to want. If they dont help you just try calling again. And try to call early if you can if you decide to do so.

And there's no saying when you get AOR, some people get it within a month, others get it after half a year or a year. At that point it usually goes together with SA, DM and/or AIP.