+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

alexism

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello guys i am new to this forum and i have a question. I received an email last Monday December 12 that my husband was eligible to sponsor and I received an email again today saying that my paper for APR Has been transferred to Etobicoke office for further assesment. Now I am so nervous because ive read that alot of people here had been approved for apr after the spouse met the eligibility.

Moving my papers to etobicoke for further assesment, what does it mean?? Thanks alot

Christine_Y

Jul 22, 2015
That's not a good sign..

You and your partner will be invite for spouse interview before they make any decision on your PR application.
A few people got the letter that says transfer to CIC offices for further assessment.
The further assessment means your relationship is genius or not that they want to see.

Etobicoke office will be contact you for further instructions about spouse interview (Date and time).

Just be prepared!

alexism said:
Hello guys i am new to this forum and i have a question. I received an email last Monday December 12 that my husband was eligible to sponsor and I received an email again today saying that my paper for APR Has been transferred to Etobicoke office for further assesment. Now I am so nervous because ive read that alot of people here had been approved for apr after the spouse met the eligibility.

Moving my papers to etobicoke for further assesment, what does it mean?? Thanks alot

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
alexism said:

APR? You mean the letter stated "approval in principle"?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Christine_Y said:
That's not a good sign..

You and your partner will be invite for spouse interview before they make any decision on your PR application.
A few people got the letter that says transfer to CIC offices for further assessment.
The further assessment means your relationship is genius or not that they want to see.

Etobicoke office will be contact you for further instructions about spouse interview (Date and time).

Just be prepared!
I'm going to have to disagree here. It doesn't mean that at all. What it means is that CPC-M has completed their review of the case, and it's been sent to a local VO. It's the VO who does the final review and issues the visa. Not CPC-M. This happens once AIP has been completed.

This is not to say that they won't call you for an interview regarding your relationship. It is to say that, this is normal procedure. Check myCIC to see what your case's status says.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

alexism

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
profiler said:
APR? You mean the letter stated "approval in principle"?
I think so? Im not really aure what it means but thats what the letter says.

Does anybody here experience the same thing? How long would it be before they contacy us for interview? I dont understand why they dont think its genuine we provided a lot of proofs?

Ive read somewhere that etobicoke is like a dark hole and it takes really long to process papers there. I dont know what to do right now :( :mad:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
alexism said:
I think so? Im not really aure what it means but thats what the letter says.

Does anybody here experience the same thing? How long would it be before they contacy us for interview? I dont understand why they dont think its genuine we provided a lot of proofs?

Ive read somewhere that etobicoke is like a dark hole and it takes really long to process papers there. I dont know what to do right now :( :mad:
You're getting yourself worked up over possibly bad advice.

Did the letter say the words "approval in principle" or not. If not, where did you get APR? Are you inland applicant? APR is an outland acronym...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
From CIC IP-8 ( See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/englisH/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf ):

Pg 34, under "5.34 Criteria for referral to an inland CIC":
"
The CPC-M should refer cases to a CIC where an interview is warranted or where serious criminality is involved. Examples of situations that may be handled by an inland CIC are:
- suspected relationships of convenience, including relationships that have been dissolved for the purposes of acquiring any status or privilege under IRPA and then resumed;
- suspected misrepresentation;
- serious criminality or security:
- security (A34)
- human or international rights violations (A35)
- serious criminality [A36(1)]
- organized criminality (A37)
- medical inadmissibility [A38(1)(a) or (b)
"

Assuming it's none of those (or you probably wouldn't have applied....):

Pg 34, under "5.35 Cases handled by CPC-M without referral to CIC":
"
The CPC-M may refuse applications without referral to CIC in the following situations:
- the sponsor does not meet requirements or definition of sponsor;
- the applicant is not a spouse or common-law partner;
- the common-law relationship has not existed for at least one year;
- the applicant has committed a minor criminal offence which makes them inadmissible; or,
- the applicant does not meet the requirements of the class

The CPC-M may also process applications without referral to a local CIC in the following situations:
- a person included in the application as a dependent child does not meet the R2 definition of a “dependent child”. In such cases, the applicant is informed and given the opportunity to provide additional information to establish dependence as defined in R2, within 60 days of the date of their letter. If additional information is not provided within this time frame, processing of the application continues for the applicant and any eligible family member(s) included. Right of Landing Fees submitted for ineligible family members are refunded.
- the applicant does not meet the status requirement of the class but meets the criteria regarding lack of status for processing under the spousal public policy (unless expedited processing is required);
- the applicant has requested H&C consideration and a positive decision can be made without referral to a local CIC (see Section 15) .
"

Regarding interviews performed by inland CIC:
Pg 35, under "5.36 Review by local CIC":
"
The local CIC office may need to interview the applicant and/or the sponsor to assess concerns raised by the CPC, including:
- the need to confirm identity and relationship;
- the authenticity of the relationship;
- possible misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in obtaining temporary resident status (Note: Persons who have used a fraudulent or improperly obtained passport, travel document or visa to gain entry to Canada will be excluded from being granted permanent residence under the spousal public policy if the document was not surrendered or seized upon arrival and the applicant subsequently used these fraudulent or improperly obtained documents to acquire temporary or permanent resident status. See Appendix A for further details on the spousal public policy);
- violation of the legislation or conditions of temporary residence;
- inadmissibility for reasons of serious criminality or security; and,
- a request was submitted by the applicant for H&C consideration and a positive H&C decision could not be made at the CPC (See Section 15 for guidelines on processing cases when the applicant has requested H&C consideration).

The local CIC office should instruct the applicant to bring any necessary documents to the interview. When asking questions, the officer should focus on identified areas of concern that will assist in reaching a decision. If a relationship of convenience is suspected, the officer should interview the applicant and the sponsor separately.
"

Pg 40, under "7.3 Roles and responsibilities of the CPC-M":
"
if approved, assigns case to the local CIC office based on the postal code for the applicant’s place of residence for the final processing of the permanent residence application – once these updates are completed in GCMS, the local CIC office will contact the applicant for a permanent residence interview and complete the permanent residence process;
"

The point here, the information you read may be incorrect. myCIC, GCMS notes, or time will be able to tell you further. However, it's also possible it's just normal process -- as the local VO does the final processing ...

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
alexism said:
Hi Alexism, i received the same letter on dec 7, this is what it says
To Sponser,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ******and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you

To Me
Dear Applicant:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in
Vancouver for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview
or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR
and communicate to you its decision.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your
application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows..

alexism

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
profiler said:
You're getting yourself worked up over possibly bad advice.

Did the letter say the words "approval in principle" or not. If not, where did you get APR? Are you inland applicant? APR is an outland acronym...

Thank you so much for your reply.

The email we got last week, Monday Dec 12 was saying that my husband has met the eligibility to sponsor me. I believe Thats the first stage?

Then today I received an email again saying this

please be advised that your application has been transferred to a canada immigration centre in etobicoke for further assesment. The canada immigration centre may contact you for an interview or to seek further information or clarification. The office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision

Im not sure why theyre using APR as an acronym for me since its only for outland like u guys said? I am inland and we applied July 26, 2015.

Thank you so much your replies means alot to us we're really nervous about this. Ive read that some people here who applied the same
Time as me has received their landing interview and i thought that would be the one i would receive too. But i got a different email.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
alexism said:
Thank you so much for your reply.

The email we got last week, Monday Dec 12 was saying that my husband has met the eligibility to sponsor me. I believe Thats the first stage?

Then today I received an email again saying this

please be advised that your application has been transferred to a canada immigration centre in etobicoke for further assesment. The canada immigration centre may contact you for an interview or to seek further information or clarification. The office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision

Im not sure why theyre using APR as an acronym for me since its only for outland like u guys said? I am inland and we applied July 26, 2015.

Thank you so much your replies means alot to us we're really nervous about this. Ive read that some people here who applied the same
Time as me has received their landing interview and i thought that would be the one i would receive too. But i got a different email.
Yeah the "approval in principle" states those exact words in the first couple sentences. This is not that. But that doesn't mean you have to worry. They may re-assess and it's all fine. They may request additional information. Or they could ask for an interview. From what I pasted above, there is a list of reasons to refer inland CIC.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
august applicant here, just got and email stating that my application was transferred to etobicoke aswell....

i just can't express my frustration right now with nice words...

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
schonkatze said:
august applicant here, just got and email stating that my application was transferred to etobicoke aswell....

i just can't express my frustration right now with nice words...
Is it like after AIP?
What is your medical status?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kapilhere said:
Is it like after AIP?
What is your medical status?
The letters seem to be appearing between SA and AIP.

thetara

Apr 4, 2016
Hi everyone,
May 2015 applicant here. My application status on ECAS changed to "Decision Made" 5 weeks ago, but I haven't received any communication from CIC. Did anyone experience something similar? I am starting to worry that something is wrong. Cheers!

thetara

Apr 4, 2016
thetara said:
Hi everyone,
May 2015 applicant here. My application status on ECAS changed to "Decision Made" 5 weeks ago, but I haven't received any communication from CIC. Did anyone experience something similar? I am starting to worry that something is wrong. Cheers!
Just minutes after I posted this I got confirmation from CIC that my application has been completed + the date for my landing interview.
I still can't believe that the wait is over... Pff, unbelievable.
Wishing for a speedy process for all of you xo