+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Ponga is correct.

Many people are mixing up a "relationship interview" which some people get before DM (decision made) when CIC has concerns about things, with an "inland landing interview".

If you are an inland applicant and got a letter saying they have scheduled an interview for final determination, which asks you to bring 2 photos, and a few other things... that is merely the landing for people that already have a positive decision. Every inland applicant gets this letter. It is usually less than 15 minutes long.

"Landing interview" = GOOD
Realtionship/genuiness interview = BAD

There are many posts in this thread that describe how posters landing 'interviews' went. Just read back through some pages.

Hope that helps.

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
sawadee-eh said:
If you are an inland applicant and got a letter saying they have scheduled an interview for final determination, which asks you to bring 2 photos, and a few other things... that is merely the landing for people that already have a positive decision. Every inland applicant gets this letter. It is usually less than 15 minutes long.
Ooooh so I basically have nothing to worry about! Thanks so much!
Im so excited! :D :D

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

need your input on some issue a friend has encountered. Personally I am Dec 2015 applicant and i received my OWP in March , now just waiting on the coming steps. Anyway a friend of mine sent her application sometime in July this year, her status was expiring July 31st but unfortunately it turns out that all her package has been returned, shes in tears (can't blame her) but my question is, is she able to still apply inland? Also she did apply for a visitors visa as she was on a work permit before. Please help me on how to advice her from here becasue not sure what the right advice would be.

Thank you and have a great day.

OKUKUSEKU

Aug 15, 2016
I got a letter today for an interview with my wife on August 31, 2016. In the letter, it was stated to bring all bank accounts and mortgages,wills,bills,T4 and T1 slips, proof of joint health care,kids birth certificates, my passport and my wife's passport and any other documents to support our application.
What does this mean senior forum members? ::) Meanwhile my online application at Mycic has not been updated!!!
The only update I found online is the OWP application which has been approved, and the case closed.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKUKUSEKU said:
I got a letter today for an interview with my wife on August 31, 2016. In the letter, it was stated to bring all bank accounts and mortgages,wills,bills,T4 and T1 slips, proof of joint health care,kids birth certificates, my passport and my wife's passport and any other documents to support our application.
What does this mean senior forum members? ::) Meanwhile my online application at Mycic has not been updated!!!
The only update I found online is the OWP application which has been approved, and the case closed.
Looks like they have concerns regarding your relationship and/or if you are still living together (as required for all Inland applicants).

Good luck!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hi , I have mentioned about one of my friend who applied on 2014 Dec CIC requested the PCC and he was waiting to get that to submit but today one of the officer called him he spoke to him like for 45mins he got married on 2010 and the officer said he don't have any problem with their relationship but why he delayed to submit his paper work for such a long time. Officer said he needs certain requirements will mail that n he has 15 days to submit the required docs. Then only the DM will be made
Can anybody say that is he in a good stage or is there any problems?

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is the process/ interview for common law partner and married couple are different?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
is the process/ interview for common law partner and married couple are different?
There are two types of interviews for inland applicants. The relationship/red flag interview--for couples (married or common-law) that CIC questions if the relationship is genuine. And the landing interview--which is for all applicants...this is just the formalizing meeting were they ask a couple basic questions and give you your landing paperwork.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
OMG I just logged into Ecas and saw "Decision Made"... they have my common law partner's email wrong, so we never got sponsor approval email. Wow... just wow.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Johninsask said:
OMG I just logged into Ecas and saw "Decision Made"... they have my common law partner's email wrong, so we never got sponsor approval email. Wow... just wow.
YAY!!! Congrats!! :)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
foxlink said:
Apr 23rd 2015 app here, asked cic days ago I get reply today initial assesment is still in process. :'(
Yup, April 17 here... seems like we are on the bottom of their filing cabinet :-(. Phoned CIC last week but totally pointless, actually that lady was pretty rude to me.

Aug 19, 2016
Consequences of withdrawing a PR application ??

My husband and I have made the decision to return to Germany. I've applied for PR inland in April 2015. I've been on an OWP since August 2015. It expires in July 2017. I'll probably leave between February and July 2017.

Now, what happens if I withdraw the PR application? Will I have to surrender my OWP right away? We're hoping to get a refund for my PR card fee.
They've also asked me to go through another med examination. And I don't really wanna spend the money. :/

Your answers would mean a lot to me. Thanks!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Consequences of withdrawing a PR application ??

BurnabyLady2016 said:
My husband and I have made the decision to return to Germany. I've applied for PR inland in April 2015. I've been on an OWP since August 2015. It expires in July 2017. I'll probably leave between February and July 2017.

Now, what happens if I withdraw the PR application? Will I have to surrender my OWP right away? We're hoping to get a refund for my PR card fee.
They've also asked me to go through another med examination. And I don't really wanna spend the money. :/

Your answers would mean a lot to me. Thanks!!!
This is merely a suggestion...and my opinion:

Why not do the medical again and hope that your PR is approved before you leave? As long as your husband [sponsor] is a Canadian citizen, the days that you spend with him abroad (anywhere in the world) will count towards your Residency Obligation (RO) to maintain your PR. If the two of you ever wanted to return to Canada, to live or visit, you would have authority to do so as a PR.

So, spending a little more money now, could yield a great return!

Reactions: Amsadek4u