+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
beans on toast said:
About to request my GCMS notes. Is it a 'Privacy Act' or a 'Access to Information Act' i am requesting? Both sound suitable!!
Does it tell you how much work has been done on your application and how far along they are?

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
July 6th applicant . I got email from CIC requesting Police certificate. I sent it to them with my application last year. I just used the Specific Enquiry and uploaded a copy of the originals and translated copy that I gave them last year and stated that it was in the application sent to them last year so they have the original . Hope that helps. I called them this morning and the lady on the phone said since I sent it last year,it doesn't matter sending them a photocopy since I've already uploaded it to them. Just waiting to hear what next.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
paulschild said:
July 6th applicant . I got email from CIC requesting Police certificate. I sent it to them with my application last year. I just used the Specific Enquiry and uploaded a copy of the originals and translated copy that I gave them last year and stated that it was in the application sent to them last year so they have the original . Hope that helps. I called them this morning and the lady on the phone said since I sent it last year,it doesn't matter sending them a photocopy since I've already uploaded it to them. Just waiting to hear what next.
When they request a new cert, do they only give you a certain number of days to re-send it?

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
km9203 said:
When they request a new cert, do they only give you a certain number of days to re-send it?
As far as I know, CIC always gives a deadline to reply or submit whatever they request. Usually seems to be either 30, 60, or sometimes 90 days. If you cannot comply within the time given you need to reply stating such and requesting more time. They usually do give more time in those situations from what I've read on these forums.

Hope that helps.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for people who have been through similar situation/anyone who might have some insight.

I came to Canada on August 17, 2010 and my date of birth is March 05, 1992. When I landed (as a student on study permit) I was 18 years, 5 months, and 15 days old so I haven't lived in any country for more than 6 months other than Canada since my 18th birthday but when I received my SA and AIP, officer working on my application requested police certificate from Malaysia (where I come from). It doesn't make any sense because their website says that I need to provide police certificate for countries where my residence was 6 months or more since I turned 18.

I called CIC but the agent (i think her name was Sophie) wasn't very helpful. Any comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aero_eng said:
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for people who have been through similar situation/anyone who might have some insight.

I came to Canada on August 17, 2010 and my date of birth is March 05, 1992. When I landed (as a student on study permit) I was 18 years, 5 months, and 15 days old so I haven't lived in any country for more than 6 months other than Canada since my 18th birthday but when I received my SA and AIP, officer working on my application requested police certificate from Malaysia (where I come from). It doesn't make any sense because their website says that I need to provide police certificate for countries where my residence was 6 months or more since I turned 18.

I called CIC but the agent (i think her name was Sophie) wasn't very helpful. Any comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yes. Give them what they want, even if it goes against what they need. ;)

Arguing with the officer working on your file is a very bad idea, IMHO.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Ponga said:
Yes. Give them what they want, even if it goes against what they need. ;)

Arguing with the officer working on your file is a very bad idea, IMHO.
I gladly would but police certificate take a long time to obtain from Malaysia.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aero_eng said:
I gladly would but police certificate take a long time to obtain from Malaysia.
Unfortunately, CIC will not have any sympathy. I suggest you order it ASAP and inform CIC that you're complying with the request.
It would be different if it was impossible to obtain.

It's important to keep them informed, else they could deny the application for non-compliance with their request.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, CIC will not have any sympathy. I suggest you order it ASAP and inform CIC that you're complying with the request.
It would be different if it was impossible to obtain.

It's important to keep them informed, else they could deny the application for non-compliance with their request.
You are right, when it is CIC it doesn't have to make sense I guess.

Anyone in similar situation or who has obtained Good Conduct Certificate from Malaysia please respond.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aero_eng said:
You are right, when it is CIC it doesn't have to make sense I guess.

Anyone in similar situation or who has obtained Good Conduct Certificate from Malaysia please respond.
Here's what CIC says:

How to Get a Police Certificate - Malaysia

Name of document(s) to get: Certificate of Good Conduct
How to get a Police Certificate
If you are a citizen of Malaysia

If you live outside of Malaysia:

You should apply at your nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate.

Que

Jun 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
Just to let you all know,

February 16th applicant. Received OWP June 16, 2016. Got an employment letter and applied for OHIP at Service Ontario and got a printed paper saying I am eligible for OHIP 3 months after my employment start date.Had a photo taken and was told my card will arrive in mail before my eligibility starts.

Thank God and I wish everyone the best.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
Ponga said:
Here's what CIC says:

How to Get a Police Certificate - Malaysia

Name of document(s) to get: Certificate of Good Conduct
How to get a Police Certificate
If you are a citizen of Malaysia

If you live outside of Malaysia:

You should apply at your nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate.
Thank you for your response Ponga! :)

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
I got a letter from CIC saying that further information is required for the principal applicant: [my name].

It specifically mentioned that I have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669) form(s)
and/or incomplete Additional Family Information (IMM5406) form(s).

For IMM5669 form, it said that there can be no gaps in this period of time (from the past 10 year to the date on which my application was received).
I can somehow understand what gaps they wanted me to fill in.

For IMM5406 form, it said that I must complete the required fields for all applicable family members.
This one I thought I completed all the required fields. I am confused what else I need to add in now.

Do any of you have any idea? And to be double confirmed here, do I need to submit a copy of each for my hubby' (sponsor) s family and background as well?
I have just submitted one copy of each with my information (principal applicant) to CIA.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me to the light. Thank you.

Que

Jun 17, 2016
b4bow
you DO NOT need to include your spouse"s family members. Maybe you left some spaces blank that you should have written or typed "not applicable" beside or in the box. Leave no empty space or box, even if it does not apply.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
beans on toast said:
About to request my GCMS notes. Is it a 'Privacy Act' or a 'Access to Information Act' i am requesting? Both sound suitable!!
You will want to select Privacy Act (this is free for those who live in Canada)