07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
GustavesF said:
They don't process applications in order, it's luck of the draw.

Sorry you're stuck in this vortex.
Yeah it sucks! Hopefully they go back to March - August apps ASAP

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
does medical request = AIP?

The ecas still shows only "application received". Last week we received SA and medical request through emails. I submitted the semi-upfront emedical form (I completed the medical exam after AOR but before SA/medical request) through case specific inquiry.

I am asking this because i noticed there are lot of people on the spreadsheet said they received AIP for the applicant but in the "other comment" section they indicated they have received the medical request?

Here is the letter I received:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
As per Section 38(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition is likely to be a danger to public health; is likely to be a danger to public safety; or might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
To determine your admissibility to Canada, you and all of your dependants that you included in your application, whether accompanying or not, must undergo an immigration medical examination. The medical examination must be performed by a physician from the CIC list of panel physicians. Please visit cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp for further information and a list of panel physicians.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to comply with this request, this may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouvernick said:
does medical request = AIP?

The ecas still shows only "application received". Last week we received SA and medical request through emails. I submitted the semi-upfront emedical form (I completed the medical exam after AOR but before SA/medical request) through case specific inquiry.

I am asking this because i noticed there are lot of people on the spreadsheet said they received AIP for the applicant but in the "other comment" section they indicated they have received the medical request?

Here is the letter I received:
No, it does not automatically mean that you have AIP.

It should, because the medical is required for stage 2 (after AIP).

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
juve said:
Any Aug applicants received AIP? what about July ?
July 2015 app here. Only received AOR and OWP so far :eek:

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
November 4th Applicant

Until now my Ecas was showing Application received
When i checked today it says "In Process"
When i clicked on it they show it like "Your application was started processing on April 21st"
I got my AOR Email on April 22nd. Does this mean anything? or its very common update because i received AOR? Please advise

Thanks

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
km9203 said:
July 2015 app here. Only received AOR and OWP so far :eek:
I noticed on the forum that few of July applicants got AIP . Not sure how CIC works anymore with applications being done all over the place

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
jims_89 said:
November 4th Applicant

Until now my Ecas was showing Application received
When i checked today it says "In Process"
When i clicked on it they show it like "Your application was started processing on April 21st"
I got my AOR Email on April 22nd. Does this mean anything? or its very common update because i received AOR? Please advise

Thanks
this is very common and it only shows the progress of your application

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Pacino12 said:
September and October people are being approved ?
How is that happening?
This is the mystical world of CIC. At this point I wouldn't be all that surprised if they had a wall covered in applications and selected which ones to process by throwing darts at them.

It's incredibly frustrating that they seem to have completely forgotten about applications received between March and August 2015 and have simply decided to ignore them.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chrismgallen said:
This is the mystical world of CIC. At this point I wouldn't be all that surprised if they had a wall covered in applications and selected which ones to process by throwing darts at them.

It's incredibly frustrating that they seem to have completely forgotten about applications received between March and August 2015 and have simply decided to ignore them.
I am so frustrated as you can prob tell by my previous posts, lol.

Hortie

Apr 10, 2016
Hi all, got AOR December 2014 and SA May 7 2016 and nothing else. I see that the waiting period is 26 months so what does one do? If we call CIC they would just tell us that although 90% of the people ahead and many behind have AIP or PR we should just be patient and wait another nine months before we ask but, when we applied it was 18 so wondering.....

should we complain because everybody but us got lucky or trust that after another nine months we can pipe up and ask them if they forgot about me?

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
9 months is still a very long wait ... There is nothing wrong with calling and asking. However, you do already know the answer you will receive. We tend to usually answer our own questions when we call the cic center :(

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
You can maybe ask about the fact that when you applied it was 18 months and now it has increased to 26 months ... but is that true ? When I first sent my application in October of 2014 I believe the waiting time was 26 months if not even 27 months. My package was then sent back because a nice call center agent informed me that I did not have to put the additional family members form in ... and yeah set me back 5 months for a silly paper stating where my siblings live for future immigration cases (which they will never immigrate!)

Anyways, once again there is no harm in trying :)