Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Can someone suggest what I should do if I have received my appointment letter but not my AIP letter? Getting started with OHIP is a top priority for me as I'm currently paying for private health care.

I'm going to go call the help centre right now. Is there something else I should try?
Thanks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
birdboy008 said:
Can someone suggest what I should do if I have received my appointment letter but not my AIP letter? Getting started with OHIP is a top priority for me as I'm currently paying for private health care.

I'm going to go call the help centre right now. Is there something else I should try?
Thanks.
What kind of an appointment letter is it? An appointment for an interview for validation of relationship? Or is it a landing letter?

If it is the interview letter then that wont work for OHIP as it doesnt prove you qualify for PR much the same as OWP case 27. AIP is usually issued after the interview is concluded.

If its the latter, a DM letter or landing appointment for PR then you qualify for OHIP.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
The email referred to it as my "permanent residence finalization appointment" so definitely not a DM letter but it seems promising. The attached letter started with "Sir/Madam: I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:" then list a bunch of logistical stuff.

It definitely does not stat that I meet the eligibility requirements or that I have been granted PR. So no OHIP just yet.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
birdboy008 said:
The email referred to it as my "permanent residence finalization appointment" so definitely not a DM letter but it seems promising. The attached letter started with "Sir/Madam: I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:" then list a bunch of logistical stuff.

It definitely does not stat that I meet the eligibility requirements or that I have been granted PR. So no OHIP just yet.
That could be it.

Does it say "The Canada Immigration Centre in xxx will contact you to arrange an appointment" or something like that? That's what we got. A few days later received the appointment schedule letter. The interview was simply the processing of landing.

Get finger crossed...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
birdboy008 said:

But it really is a DM letter.

The next letter is the landing appointment letter.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
sniper23 said:
18 months for the first stage now wow that hurts
Almost 18 months to the day! crazy.

Ponga said:
But it really is a DM letter.

The next letter is the landing appointment letter.
So I actually got notified of my appointment by the Hamilton CIC office a day ahead (yesterday) of receiving my "you will be contacted by x office" letter (today).

Any advice or tips ahead of my interview next week?

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
birdboy008 said:
Almost 18 months to the day! crazy.

So I actually got notified of my appointment by the Hamilton CIC office a day ahead (yesterday) of receiving my "you will be contacted by x office" letter (today).

Any advice or tips ahead of my interview next week?
18 months for me too. It's over now.

In my case at the interview, the officer just want to hear from my own month on the spot to confirm I haven't committed any crime anywhere. That's it. If there's going to be any more questions, just be honest and I'm sure you will be fine.

:)

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Does anyone know when is the best time to order a gcms note from cic..my application been in process august 21 2015 untill now...November 3 2014 applicant here

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sniper23 said:
Does anyone know when is the best time to order a gcms note from cic..my application been in process august 21 2015 untill now...November 3 2014 applicant here
GCMS notes take between 40 and 60 days to fill, *if* you contact them and complain that they haven't filled your request yet.
If you don't contact them they may never fill the request.

Whatever department runs those things basically lets applications pile up till you complain, then processes your request (because they're legally obligated to).

Anyway, that means that you should do this so you get the info about a month before your 1st stage processing date comes up.
So in your case, about 2 or 3 months.

Now, you can submit as many requests as you want, so there's no harm in requesting one now, then as soon as that one is filled requesting another.

wopper

Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

my wife's application for PR was received by the CIC in April 2014, but we are still in process. I have already been approved to be the sponsor but her status is still just received medical results.

I have been reading other comments and it seems everyone has progressed much further even with a later application date. Should i be contact CIC about this? we are in Ontario....

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
wopper said:
Hi Everyone,

my wife's application for PR was received by the CIC in April 2014, but we are still in process. I have already been approved to be the sponsor but her status is still just received medical results.

I have been reading other comments and it seems everyone has progressed much further even with a later application date. Should i be contact CIC about this? we are in Ontario....
Personally, I would for sure.

The following is from the processing times page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp (They're on June 9th as of today.)

"Note for sponsorship INSIDE of Canada: If you are the sponsor or person being sponsored and it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, you may contact us by using this webform. Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case."

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
wopper said:
Hi Everyone,

First, check your ECAS and your wife's ECAS. As in, log-in using her info and your info. If you just use your info you'll see both of you in there, and there will be some minimal information about both of you.
If you log into your wife's ECAS you'll see a lot more info regarding her application process, and you may see a reason behind why it's been taking so long.
My ECAS (sponsor) says that my Sponsorship Application is still in process, and my wife's last status (on my ECAS) just says medical results received.
My wife's ECAS says that she's landed already, and has a lot more information about letters set to us (to my email, not hers...).

Next, order GMCS notes.

Next, call the call center. You're 2 months past first stage timing, so they'll probably tell you that 2nd stage takes 10 months, therefore everything is fine and normal.
Tell them that you haven't received your approval in principle yet, which is the end of the first phase, therefore no, it's not normal.
The best you can do wis put in a request to send you your AIP.
Now, if they have already drafted up your AIP, and it is at least 40 days old, the call agent can request that it is sent out to, which will take about 40 to 60 days.

Sometimes they don't feel like giving you AIP at all. So there's a good chance that they won't send you one.

Hopefully you can find out whatever it is that is delaying your second stage.
Sometimes they forget/don't bother to inform you that you need to send a piece of information in.

The other option is that the agent whose desk your application landed on simply went on vacation for a few months, and therefore delayed your application. This is also normal.

Sorry for your luck so far. Keep strong.

wopper

Dec 14, 2015
Thanks for all the advice!

i have checked the login information. I have already received that i am approved to be a sponsor, but my wife status is still in process. But the details says the medical report has been received. We did delay sending the medical report because of pregnancy by 3 months, so i guess i would still be within 1st stage? so i should call if i still don't receive anything by Jan?

sorry i'm not too familiar with this, but what is an approval in principle? is it some sort of assumed/will be approved status?

we applied within canada, so my wife came as a visitor and got a visitor visa and work permit currently.