May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
rmv said:
Hi all. We are getting married in January 2016. I am from Scandinavia and my fiance is Canadian and we consider to use immigration lawyer to get through of this visa process under Family Class Sponsorship. I am here now with work&holiday visa which expires in June 2016. We have understood we need to start this Family Class Sponsorship 90 days before my visa expires to get visa extension and I don't need to leave country?
First step is to apply to be a sponsor? And that need to happen 90 days before my visa expires? Or way before to get answer is my fiance eligible?

Many here is saying it is not necessary to use lawyer? What is the truth?
You don't necessarily need a lawyer, you just need to do your research. I suggest to start here: http://goo.gl/yPWcrr. It is about the inland sponsorship, but still gives you a basic idea (you may be better of with the outland process).

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
I just got off the phone with the most useless CIC agent ever. I called in regards to my card which is still not here.
He explained the fact that processing times change and even though mine has been exceeded, I should call after Dec 21 as the PR card processing centre is EXPERIENCING A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS..........................................

So my prediction is: when I call on the 21, they'll tell me to call in after another extension period passes. Possibly late January, cause who'd want to go back to work right after Christmas. OR February, but wait it's Valentines Day. Fine, maybe after March Madness they'll be done with it.

Oh, and he said my ECAS won't reflect the fact that they send the card - the previous agent said it will have another bullet point, saying that it was sent.

I don't even know why I bothered to call.
The system is getting revenge on you for your expedited processing time. They need to exact their pound of flesh.

Anyway, they are all pretty useless, the only difference you get between agents is:
1. How angry they are that you are calling.
2. How much they choose to make up vs. admitting they have no information or power.

Again, a high volume of applications should literally mean nothing, since there is a processing time, and two queues.... there's only a certain number of new PR's per year, so they are literally just blowing smoke at you when they give you any excuse other than "we are all lazy, useless, union workers, and all of us are always on vacation, especially now during the cold season".

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
GustavesF said:
The system is getting revenge on you for your expedited processing time. They need to exact their pound of flesh.

Anyway, they are all pretty useless, the only difference you get between agents is:
1. How angry they are that you are calling.
2. How much they choose to make up vs. admitting they have no information or power.

Again, a high volume of applications should literally mean nothing, since there is a processing time, and two queues.... there's only a certain number of new PR's per year, so they are literally just blowing smoke at you when they give you any excuse other than "we are all lazy, useless, union workers, and all of us are always on vacation, especially now during the cold season".
true, a friend of mine had a similar situation and she actually waited longer for her card than residence!
I don't really need the card for anything right now, but still, it's just typical that the easiest part takes so long.

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

I just received an email from CIC stating I "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."

My wife also received an email stating "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse of Common-Law Partner in Canada Class."

However, it later states that they require a police certificate for my wife.

It states that they need the police certificate in a months time.

However, when we originally applied, it took a little over the month to receive the police certificate from my wife's country.

How can I contact the Officer at CIC to inform them that it takes more than a month to receive? I have to Officer's initials, do I call them an ask for this specific officer? Can I email them at the email provided in the letter?

Also, when it is sent, how can I confirm if the Officer received it?

It feels a bit stressful.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

I just received an email from CIC stating I "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor."

My wife also received an email stating "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse of Common-Law Partner in Canada Class."

However, when we originally applied, it took a little over the month to receive the police certificate from my wife's country.

How can I contact the Officer at CIC to inform them that it takes more than a month to receive? I have to Officer's initials, do I call them an ask for this specific officer? Can I email them at the email provided in the letter?

Thank you!
Congratulations!

Since CIC has changed their policy regarding PCCs...why are they asking for another one?

As long as she hasn't re-entered the country where the PCC was issued from, it should [now] still be valid.

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

Since CIC has changed their policy regarding PCCs...why are they asking for another one?

As long as she hasn't re-entered the country where the PCC was issued from, it should [now] still be valid.
My wife actually did visit her home country this past summer for a short trip.

Have you encountered this issue of having a deadline to submit documentation but that it might take longer to submit?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Toronto84 said:
My wife actually did visit her home country this past summer for a short trip.

Have you encountered this issue of having a deadline to submit documentation but that it might take longer to submit?
Technically, unless her visit was 6 months long, there shouldn't really be an issue with the old certificate.... *but* the problem with the old certificate is whatever they say it is.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know what their problem with the old certificate was. They either lost it, or they arbitrarily decided that it's too old. Both cases are very common.

Fortunately, there are a lot of cases of this. Where we, fellow victims of this dinosaur, have to re-submit something and are given deadlines that are too short.
You simply need to inform them that it will take longer to comply with their request than the time allotted, however, I recommend the following:

Apply for a new police certificate as soon as you can.
Also immediately, re-submit your old police certificate along with a letter that explains that the new certificate will be received by you later than the allotted time frame, ask for an extension of the time frame to say... 2 months, 3 months, etc. Also explain that you have provided a copy of your original police certificate for their records.

Make sure the note is very very very very simple and very very very clear. Write as if you are sending it to an 8 year old child with poor vision. Big font, very simple.
They are very stupid, don't make them think too hard.

There is a very good chance that they just lost your original police certificate, and upon receiving it again will just put you through to DM.
Even if they decided your certificate was too old, they may see your old police certificate and, in their stupor, put you through to DM.
Worst case scenario is that they see the note saying that it'll be late, give you the extension (which they won't tell you about), and when you send the new one in, and you get put through to DM.

You can also try calling the center, and they can put a note on your file that says you have acknowledged their letter but it will take more time to send it in.
They may or may not actually put that note on your file, so I suggest you do both these activities.

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Hi Toronto84,

Do you mind sharing your timeline and office please?
It is good to know CIC is still making progress in end of the year.

Thanks.

Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

Thank you!

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Ponga said:
Just wanted to mention that even when your husband receives the OWP, he will still be without status in Canada.

Normally, "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it is a duck", but not in the case of a person without status that receives the OWP. It will give him authority to legally work in Canada, but will NOT give him temporary resident status...which is absurd, IMO.

I agree with the other member that suggested he apply by mail. Make sure he pays the full amount ($255), which would have only been $155 if he had included the OWP with the Inland application. It shouldn't take 4 months to receive; more like ~ 6 weeks.

Good luck!
Hi Ponga, I'm just wondering where you got the 6 weeks from :) Don't want to get my hopes up too too high, but I would like to think that I JUST beat the holiday rush.

Also, I can't be the only one who got requested for second medical... anyone know of the timeline how far away my DM is after I do my second medical? It's been 2 months for me and boyyyy i really want to avoid the holiday rush.

Last year this time I got the wonderful news of pilot program OWP. Please pretty please let me either get my new OWP or DM this year ::)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
28january said:
Hi Ponga, I'm just wondering where you got the 6 weeks from :) Don't want to get my hopes up too too high, but I would like to think that I JUST beat the holiday rush.

Also, I can't be the only one who got requested for second medical... anyone know of the timeline how far away my DM is after I do my second medical? It's been 2 months for me and boyyyy i really want to avoid the holiday rush.

Last year this time I got the wonderful news of pilot program OWP. Please pretty please let me either get my new OWP or DM this year ::)
It is the pilot program OWP that takes ~ 4 months to receive. The `regular' OWP, that is normally issued after AIP, is processed much faster.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

Thank you!
When CIC asked that, it also took me more than 30 days to receive it. What I did was:
1. Request the Police Certificate as soon as possible.
2. Keep a record of the request, such as curier record, any confirmation from the police department from the country requested
3. Write a letter to CIC right before the deadline, explaining the situation. (Make sure CIC receives it by the deadline) Attach any record you have. State that it has been requested but has not arrived; and you will send it in as soon as you receive it.
4. Once received the certificate, send to CIC immediately with a letter explaining again.

After I eventually sent it in, after the 30 day time frame, I got DM within a month.

Don't bother to phone in. The agents answering the phone won't be the one who requested it, and they have no clue what the requesting officer wants and whether they will give more time or not. Just do what you are asked to do, and response on time.

shashauc

Nov 26, 2013
Hello everyone:
Thank you for your kind help for this forum. Can someone give me some advice about my case:

My current progress is:
application received on Sep.3, 2014
AOR received on Sept. 26, 2014
Received SA and AIP on August 16, 2015 and at the same time, medical exam and RCMP criminal record check are required.
I did my medical exam and criminal record check soon after that and the online status shows "Medical result received".

It has been 4 months since I received the AIP. And I still haven't receive DM. I see from the forum that someone who received AIP after me has already landed.
What is the possible reason that I haven't received DM? What should I do? Thank you a lot for your help.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
shashauc said:
Hello everyone:
Thank you for your kind help for this forum. Can someone give me some advice about my case:

My current progress is:
application received on Sep.3, 2014
AOR received on Sept. 26, 2014
Received SA and AIP on August 16, 2015 and at the same time, medical exam and RCMP criminal record check are required.
I did my medical exam and criminal record check soon after that and the online status shows "Medical result received".

It has been 4 months since I received the AIP. And I still haven't receive DM. I see from the forum that someone who received AIP after me has already landed.
What is the possible reason that I haven't received DM? What should I do? Thank you a lot for your help.
I think you and I just got unlucky and got stuck with really slow moving officers...?

My application was received in January 2014 and still nothing past AIP. Not even medical received :'(

Unless you have any obvious red flags, I think all we can do is distract ourselves until they decide to get to our files. I ordered GCMS note and they seem to have no issues with me so far in terms of legitimate relationship with my partner or my background check.

Let's hope for holidays miracle ;D

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Thanks everyone for all your help.

We requested the police certificate and we wrote to CIC that we requested the police certificate, attaching the receipt, and that we were told it will take 2-3 months to receive. We sent a letter and an email regarding this.

Since I received an email from CIC stating I "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor." can my wife now apply for OHIP?

Thanks for you help and advice everyone! Really appreciate it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto84 said:
Thanks everyone for all your help.

We requested the police certificate and we wrote to CIC that we requested the police certificate, attaching the receipt, and that we were told it will take 2-3 months to receive. We sent a letter and an email regarding this.

Since I received an email from CIC stating I "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor." can my wife now apply for OHIP?

Thanks for you help and advice everyone! Really appreciate it.
Unfortunately, they need to see her AIP letter, which says that she has met the requirements to apply for PR.