Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Toronto84 said:
Thanks everyone for all your help.

We requested the police certificate and we wrote to CIC that we requested the police certificate, attaching the receipt, and that we were told it will take 2-3 months to receive. We sent a letter and an email regarding this.

Since I received an email from CIC stating I "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor." can my wife now apply for OHIP?

Thanks for you help and advice everyone! Really appreciate it.
Unfortunately your email AOR letter is addressed to you, the sponsor. Not to your wife, the applicant. Your wife needs a letter specifically addressed to her, which ponga has mentioned an AIP email. Your wife can also qualify for OHIP if she gets a regular OWP (issued after AIP) or a DM letter. She cannot get OHIP using the pilot OWP issued before AIP.

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
screech339 said:
Unfortunately your email AOR letter is addressed to you, the sponsor. Not to your wife, the applicant. Your wife needs a letter specifically addressed to her, which ponga has mentioned an AIP email. Your wife can also qualify for OHIP if she gets a regular OWP (issued after AIP) or a DM letter. She cannot get OHIP using the pilot OWP issued before AIP.
In the letter addressed to my wife it says "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class." in the same letter it states they require a Police Certificate.

Does this qualify my wife for OHIP?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto84 said:
In the letter addressed to my wife it says "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class." in the same letter it states they require a Police Certificate.

Does this qualify my wife for OHIP?
YES! This is her AIP letter.

Annababy

Oct 28, 2014
Hi everyone am new to here
I have one question and who love if someone could help.
Am a June 2014 applicant ( inland)
My application was received on June 18
I receive AOR in February of 2015
On November 26 we received an email requesting for medical.
I did medical on December 8.
Yesterday December 21 my husband received a letter stating that his eligible as a sponsor.
I also received a letter saying " this letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common law partner.in other to continue processing your application further information is required. ( more proof of relationship and cohabitation evidence of relationship with sponsor and police certificate) my question when will I receive First stage approval?

Annababy

Oct 28, 2014
Yesterday December 21 my husband received a letter stating that his eligible as a sponsor.
I also received a letter saying " this letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common law partner.in other to continue processing your application further information is required. ( more proof of relationship and cohabitation evidence of relationship with sponsor and police certificate) my question when will I receive First stage approval?

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Annababy said:
By first stage, if you mean AIP (Approval in Principal - when YOU are deemed eligible and can start applying for OWP and possibly healthcare) it would be after you send in those docs. Exact amount of time has been all over the map, but I'm January 2014 applicant and I got my AIP few days after my partner's approval (which was a good year after they requested more info from me)

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
Recieved dm 2 weeks ago... March 24, 2014 applicant here. I havent yet recieved a landing interview appointment from the montreal office. How long does it usually take the montreal office to send an invite after dm.
Thanks in advance

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
HAHA!

You'll all love this.

So I call again to find out what's up with my card. Apparently my processing time has not passed yet (although it has) and I can call after the 25th to find out the status. The 71 days for card processing doesn't include the 3 weeks of the time the give the processing Centre for the backlog/mailing/whatever else they'll come up with.

anyway, I hope you all will have an awesome holidays with your families!
Take care!

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
Got SA and AIP today, They requested Police Clearance Certificate (which we already have) before Jan 22 / 2016. Will be sending out the PCC today and hopefully hear back from CIC within in this month.

So glad to finally hear some good news, best of luck to the rest the applicant.

Officer for case is RDO

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

This can be found at Change.org "Canada spousal immigration processing times"

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Francodel said:
A petition to the government on spousal immigration processing times has been started , Please share this across all social media networks and take a second to sign this as well.

change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times
Just signed that!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
MaryLou6 said:
HAHA!

You'll all love this.

So I call again to find out what's up with my card. Apparently my processing time has not passed yet (although it has) and I can call after the 25th to find out the status. The 71 days for card processing doesn't include the 3 weeks of the time the give the processing Centre for the backlog/mailing/whatever else they'll come up with.

anyway, I hope you all will have an awesome holidays with your families!
Take care!
You should have just called back 5 minutes later.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Francodel said:

There are already so many petitions...
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
https://www.change.org/p/office-of-the-auditor-general-of-canada-audit-citizenship-immigration-canada-for-service-delivery-in-inland-spousal-sponsorship?tk=tJoYIvNgtgYQpsPQUUxZx0KmtQpz1uu29wnHZPHGbWw&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email
http://petition.ndp.ca/inland-sponsorship
https://www.change.org/p/honourable-chris-alexander-minister-of-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-decrease-canadian-family-class-immigrant-application-times-and-improve-processes-and-responsiveness-for-applicants?recruiter=366838292&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Annababy

Oct 28, 2014
By first stage, if you mean AIP (Approval in Principal - when YOU are deemed eligible and can start applying for OWP and possibly healthcare) it would be after you send in those docs. Exact amount of time has been all over the map, but I'm January 2014 applicant and I got my AIP few days after my partner's approval (which was a good year after they requested more info from me)

Thanks 28january