Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
andydandy said:
I have a question for those who have done inland applications

A bit of background about us - I am Canadian and my wife is German. We met back in 2009 when we were both doing a MSc. degree in Europe. I came back to Canada in early 2011 and she came summer or 2011 to start a PhD in Calgary. I got a job in Edmonton and drove back and forth every weekend. I have since been transferred to Calgary at the end of 2013, and we have lived together since. We got married in October 2014 in Germany and we are now applying inland.

We have filled out the inland forms but have also looked at the outland forms. For the outland forms at the end of a couple of the forms it says to provide additional pages showing evidence of your relationship and that it is continuing (or something to that effect), but for the inland forms, it never says this. I read a lot in the forums about people providing 200 or 300 photos, story/account of their entire relationship in detail, bills, bank statements, plane tickets, etc. as evidence of relationship, but I am not sure if they are applying as outland or inland. It seems from the inland forms, it does not ask for such details (it does ask for some extra details such as bills and joint bank accounts if you are applying as common-law or conjugal).

From what we can tell, the only form that asks for any sort of detail about our relationship is the spouse/common-law questionnaire form. My wife filled in the spouse/common-law questionnaire form, and added on a separate sheet the details that they asked:

Explain the type of outings you go on - she wrote about a paragraph about how we go on dinner takes, hang out with friends, have dinner with friends, go hiking together and with friends, and take vacations together (usually back to Germany to visit her family during christmas). She then included about 2 photos per year of trips or hikes we went on together for a total of around 10 photos.

Dates of when I met my wife's close friends and family - this is just like 7 or 8 lines

Date of our wedding, how many people attended, who gave the ceremony - she answered these questions, and attached about 5 pictures from our wedding and reception.

Other than that, there isn't anywhere in any of the application forms or the checklist that asks for more proof about our relationship.

Is that pretty much all you guys are including for inland applications where you are married? Or did I miss a document/checklist item that says to provide more proof (like the 100-200 or so photos, detailed account of relationship, bills, family/friend testimonials, visa stamps, plane tickets, etc.)

thanks, and hope all of your applications are going smoothly!
Andrew
I have the same concern. When I sent my application, I thought it was very complete and I included everything I thought that could enrich it. Some months later, I found this amazing forum and I started to worry about my application because I noticed I hadn't sent half of the things people usually send.
Before applying, as I didn't have a consultant and I didn't know this forum, I read the Spouse Sponsorship Guide and the check-list one million times and I sent the documents based on them.
But, for example, for married couples, it wasn't requested to send " Proof of Cohabtitaion" and I didn't send ( although I had it) because it was requested just for common-law couples. I didn't have the " click" to send it.
One month ago, I read at IP8 Guide that " proof of cohabitation" is mandatory for married and common-law couples. If it is mandatory, why they don't include it in the check-list ??
So, I'm worried about it too because I'm not sure if the (amount) of documents I sent will satisfy them. I wish I had known this forum before applying !!
I know when they are not satisfied they request more proof or they schedule an interview. But the problem is : if they decided to interview, it will take almost 2 more years...
I wish I had known this forum before applying !!
What I'm thinking of doing is: when they request my CSQ, I will send the proof of cohabitation together.

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
MC2015 said:
I have the same concern. When I sent my application, I thought it was very complete and I included everything I thought that could enrich it. Some months later, I found this amazing forum and I started to worry about my application because I noticed I hadn't sent half of the things people usually send.
Before applying, as I didn't have a consultant and I didn't know this forum, I read the Spouse Sponsorship Guide and the check-list one million times and I sent the documents based on them.
But, for example, for married couples, it wasn't requested to send " Proof of Cohabtitaion" and I didn't send ( although I had it) because it was requested just for common-law couples. I didn't have the " click" to send it.
One month ago, I read at IP8 Guide that " proof of cohabitation" is mandatory for married and common-law couples. If it is mandatory, why they don't include it in the check-list ??
So, I'm worried about it too because I'm not sure if the (amount) of documents I sent will satisfy them. I wish I had known this forum before applying !!
I know when they are not satisfied they request more proof or they schedule an interview. But the problem is : if they decided to interview, it will take almost 2 more years...
I wish I had known this forum before applying !!
What I'm thinking of doing is: when they request my CSQ, I will send the proof of cohabitation together.
Hmm, what would I need to submit as evidence of proof? Just a utility bill with both of our names on it? I have an old utility bill with both of our names on it, but we recently changed services and now it just has my name. Would submitting separate letters (such as bank statement) with our address be enough? Should we also send info about our joint account?

For the other part of the application, did you just submit a few paragraphs about the outings you go on and some photos of the outings and wedding, or did you send a lot of detail?

Rockstarr

May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-14
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2014
inland2014 said:
Hi!... The AOR only say this:

"This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXX

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/20 on behalf of the following member(s):
---XXXXX
--XXXXX
"

So, I don't know is this is normal, or something is wrong in the application
Don't worry it will come soon... it took us one year to get AOR/CSQ request, we are July 2014 applicants, your request will come soon

malaoxiao

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missiuage
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
Inland application , got DM on July 21st but still waiting for the landing letter which from Calgary office, it's been 2 weeks already. ??? ??? ??? ??? anyone same as me?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
andydandy said:
Hmm, what would I need to submit as evidence of proof? Just a utility bill with both of our names on it? I have an old utility bill with both of our names on it, but we recently changed services and now it just has my name. Would submitting separate letters (such as bank statement) with our address be enough? Should we also send info about our joint account?

For the other part of the application, did you just submit a few paragraphs about the outings you go on and some photos of the outings and wedding, or did you send a lot of detail?
Read the FAQ in my signature, it will give you some idea. But since you are together for more than 4 years, live together for almost 2 and married for almost 1 year, you shouldn't expect any problems. You can send more pictures, from the early stages of your relationship (proving that you have a long history together) and pictures where you are together with close friends and family members, so you can prove that you are involved in each other family and friends.

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm an April 29, 2014 applicant. My spouse got SA and I got AIP and DM in the same email. This forum has been a great source of help and i'm thankful for the day i found it. I hope those of you who are waiting receive good news soon. ;) ;) ;)

malaoxiao

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missiuage
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
jamique said:
I'm an April 29, 2014 applicant. My spouse got SA and I got AIP and DM in the same email. This forum has been a great source of help and i'm thankful for the day i found it. I hope those of you who are waiting receive good news soon. ;) ;) ;)
Thank you! Please let us know when you get landing email :)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
jamique said:
Congratulations!!

I wish I could be happy for you, but this is getting a little silly.

CIC is reporting that it's working on the March 12th, 2014 applicants, we've got people from April 29th, 2014 getting DM, but there's a few January's, February's, and most of March 2014 still waiting for 1st stage.

I wish they'd update the site already so I can finally start calling to complain about the timeline.

REV2255

Jan 20, 2015
Hi,

My baby was born in Canada, and I got new birth Certification from Alberta Gov. I'd like to inform my baby birth to CIC, but is it better to send letter by email (CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca) or mail to Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario??

malaoxiao

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missiuage
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
REV2255 said:
Hi,

My baby was born in Canada, and I got new birth Certification from Alberta Gov. I'd like to inform my baby birth to CIC, but is it better to send letter by email (CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca) or mail to Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario??
send email is good enough. I just sent email to them and got DM.

malaoxiao

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missiuage
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
REV2255 said:
Thanks malaoxiao!!

Did you send same email that I post??
yes and attached the birth certificate scan version

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
Hi, I have a question regarding the Pr card, I landed 2 months ago but didn't receive my Pr card yet. Do I need to apply for this card or not?
Thanks

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dassine2013 said:
Hi, I have a question regarding the Pr card, I landed 2 months ago but didn't receive my Pr card yet. Do I need to apply for this card or not?
Thanks
Hi,

No, you are supposed to receive it in the mail. The thing is now, they have slowed down the pr card process (deja vu) and it is now 3 months (and growing) delay for PR card.