CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Ponga said:
You will not be able to board a commercial flight without your PR Card. When you land as a PR of Canada, any existing permits (work or study) will be void from that point...because you'll be a PR and wouldn't need them anymore.

It's not that you need the card to enter Canada; you need the card to travel via a commercial carrier.
Thank you Ponga. So, the only way is to postpone the landing interview :( . What is the easiest way to do that? Call center?

malaoxiao

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missiuage
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
ottawahd said:
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, depending on your province's rules you may not need your landing to pay domestic fee. In Ontario, married or common law partners of Canadian/PRs automatically pay domestic tuition fee (as we had).
Thank you so much ottawahd! I will check my university of saskatchewan

2Rxist

Jul 18, 2013
Hi Guys!

Update for the spreadsheet, my wife got her confirmation of PR (August 7 2015)! Went for interview in Vancouver, easy questions, very straight forward and was done and "landed" in 10 minutes! Card supposed to come via mail within 3 months. Hang in there 2014 applicants

:D

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
kma said:
Thank you Ponga. So, the only way is to postpone the landing interview :( . What is the easiest way to do that? Call center?
No , don't postpone your landing , if you have a current canadian visa that will not expire by the time you make your trip ,then you can use that visa to board the plane back from Europe , just don't mention that you are already a PR to the airline staff , you can mention that only when you land at port of entry to the CBSA officer and show him your COPR ( you will get this paper when you do your pr landing ) .

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Tilikun said:
No , don't postpone your landing , if you have a current canadian visa that will not expire by the time you make your trip ,then you can use that visa to board the plane back from Europe , just don't mention that you are already a PR to the airline staff , you can mention that only when you land at port of entry to the CBSA officer and show him your COPR ( you will get this paper when you do your pr landing ) .
That's fantastic then. Thank you very much Tilikun.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kma said:
That's fantastic then. Thank you very much Tilikun.
Again...when you land as a Permanent Resident of Canada, any existing visas (study, work, etc.) will be void!

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hello everybody,

I would appreciate some advice :D

I am under a PGWP Expiring on December 2016. My husband is a canadian citizen. My application was received on July 2014 and started being processed on March 2015.

I didn't apply for a WP with my Sponsorship application, so I am just waiting for my AIP (hope doesnt take too long) to apply for WP and be safe in case the processing times are longer and my PGWP expires.

My concerns besides the WP and processing times:

My husband is being transferred to another province, so I will have to quit my job and we will have to rent out our house. CIC has papers about my current job and house as a proof of our solid marriage (less than one year of marriage).

Is this going to affect my application? Make it even slower??

Since i will have to quit, I was looking into study a certificate (6 months long), do i have also to apply for a SP ? will this also make my application slower?

Has anyone applied at the same time through EE? Maybe is faster

Thank you

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
ll0040 said:
Hello everybody,

I would appreciate some advice :D

I am under a PGWP Expiring on December 2016. My husband is a canadian citizen. My application was received on July 2014 and started being processed on March 2015.

I didn't apply for a WP with my Sponsorship application, so I am just waiting for my AIP (hope doesnt take too long) to apply for WP and be safe in case the processing times are longer and my PGWP expires.

My concerns besides the WP and processing times:

My husband is being transferred to another province, so I will have to quit my job and we will have to rent out our house. CIC has papers about my current job and house as a proof of our solid marriage (less than one year of marriage).

Is this going to affect my application? Make it even slower??

Since i will have to quit, I was looking into study a certificate (6 months long), do i have also to apply for a SP ? will this also make my application slower?

Has anyone applied at the same time through EE? Maybe is faster

Thank you
Since you applied July 2014, you *should* have AIP by December or January. So your PGWP should carry you through till you can get another work permit.

Am I understanding correctly that you have a PGWP because you went to school in Canada?
If you went to school in Canada, and are working, is there any reason why you didn't go for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or Express Entry(EE)?

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
GustavesF said:
Since you applied July 2014, you *should* have AIP by December or January. So your PGWP should carry you through till you can get another work permit.

Am I understanding correctly that you have a PGWP because you went to school in Canada?
If you went to school in Canada, and are working, is there any reason why you didn't go for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or Express Entry(EE)?
Thank you so much.

Yes I studied in Canada, but then I got married and the EE wasnt working yet, so instead of applying through CEC I decided to apply under sponsorship. But is so slow, and now that my husband is being transferred to another province I am a bit worried of making the process even slower. Maybe I should take my English test and apply through EE at the same time; however,i dont want to pay again around 1000 CAD

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
kma said:
I got the landing appointment (17 August) from Montreal office by mail after 6 weeks of getting the DM.
Congratz, when my wife got her PR interview(business immigration), they destroyed all her old study permit, said " you dont need it anymore"... so you should not take the chance...
Anyways Thanks for the update, atleast i know i have 2 more weeks to wait. DM on July 7,

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akikan said:
Congratz, when my wife got her PR interview(business immigration), they destroyed all her old study permit, said " you dont need it anymore"... so you should not take the chance...
Anyways Thanks for the update, atleast i know i have 2 more weeks to wait. DM on July 7,
hope you kept a photocopy of the old docs. now with rule change, am not sure, but for my citizenship application i had to send permit to prove my stay in canada.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
ll0040 said:
Thank you so much.

Yes I studied in Canada, but then I got married and the EE wasnt working yet, so instead of applying through CEC I decided to apply under sponsorship. But is so slow, and now that my husband is being transferred to another province I am a bit worried of making the process even slower. Maybe I should take my English test and apply through EE at the same time; however,i dont want to pay again around 1000 CAD
I'd look into EE if I were you. You essentially get PR instantly compared to Inland.
Inland is terrible, they treat you like garbage, and you have to wait 2 or 3 years for them to actually do anything. Absolutely no benefit to you.

If you're EE they roll out the red carpet.

In fact, the revenue from Family Class applications is used to fund the defect for all the other streams. They basically take money from your current program, and funnel it into all the other programs.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
chakrab said:
hope you kept a photocopy of the old docs. now with rule change, am not sure, but for my citizenship application i had to send permit to prove my stay in canada.
Thank you Chakrab, i guess i will keep a photocopy of my permit, but my wife got RQ for her citizenship, they only asked her rent receipt, phone bill stuff, didnt actually ask for her old permit, but i will keep one for me, just incase.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hi guys,
So I went to my landing appointment today at Hornby Street, Vancouver. We went early and we waited like 50 minutes. Than we saw a guy with a weird moustache and terrible jokes. He was joking all the time and he was laughing at his own jokes, even though it was clear that he tells them ten times a day (and he was not funny). Anyway, finally after like 20 minutes I got my COPR and was free to go to celebrate :p
Standard questions, they were not really interested that my husband was with me, didn't ask for IDs. 86 days till PR card. I was told that I have to wait till my PR card arrives to get a new SIN, but I heard from others that it can be done with the COPR. I will go in the next couple days and try to get it.
I have bittersweet feelings, of course I'm very happy to be done with it, but I still feel disappointed with this whole process.