25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
annakrystyna13 said:
Why do you think you might be refused? Give us some background imformation. There are lots of people on this forum who can give you advice. Are there any red flags? The only reason you could be refused is if the sponsor is receiving welfare, if the applicant has a criminal record, or does not pass the medical. If CIC has doubts about your relationship being genuine they would request more proof and/or interview you. They can't just refuse you for no reason.
He just worries a lot. I (the sponsor) think we'll be fine. I am not on welfare, and neither of us has a criminal record.
The only red flag I can see is that we got married about a year after we met.
I also don't make a lot of money, as I'm currently in school too, but as I'm aware income doesn't really effect us (He also works full time as he has a open work permit too).
He also already had a medical exam done for his work permit, do they accept that or will he have to do another one?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
He just worries a lot. I (the sponsor) think we'll be fine. I am not on welfare, and neither of us has a criminal record.
The only red flag I can see is that we got married about a year after we met.
I also don't make a lot of money, as I'm currently in school too, but as I'm aware income doesn't really effect us (He also works full time as he has a open work permit too).
He also already had a medical exam done for his work permit, do they accept that or will he have to do another one?
They might request a new medical but it depends on the officer.
If you submitted enough evidence that your relationship is genuine, you have nothing to worry about. But you should keep collecting more evidence throughout the process, because sometimes they request it. Keep taking photos at family functions, outtings and parties. Collect all corespondnce that comes to your address, as well as any invitations or cards you receive. Good luck :)

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
annakrystyna13 said:
They might request a new medical but it depends on the officer.
If you submitted enough evidence that your relationship is genuine, you have nothing to worry about. But you should keep collecting more evidence throughout the process, because sometimes they request it. Keep taking photos at family functions, outtings and parties. Collect all corespondnce that comes to your address, as well as any invitations or cards you receive. Good luck :)
Thanks!
We just visited his family in China, so I now have pictures with his family that we couldn't include in the application. (They were unable to attend our wedding, due to visa issues.)
I'm confident we'll be fine.

inland2014

Aug 4, 2015
Hi Everyone!

I'm new in this foro, and so far is soooo helpful. :D

My Husband (PR Quebec) is sponsor me and our baby. I'm a little confuse about in with part of the process we are. this is the information that we have when we check de ECAS.

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor xxxx on October 20, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2014.

Also, I have my OWP since March 31, 2015.

I wanna know if the email that my husband received is the AOR that you talk about, or if is only a notification.

"Dear xxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/20 on behalf of the following member(s):

-xxxxx
-xxxxxx

"

if you can help me to know in with part of the process and what is missing
Thanks!! :D

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
inland2014 said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm new in this foro, and so far is soooo helpful. :D

My Husband (PR Quebec) is sponsor me and our baby. I'm a little confuse about in with part of the process we are. this is the information that we have when we check de ECAS.

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor xxxx on October 20, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on July 23, 2015.

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2014.

Also, I have my OWP since March 31, 2015.

I wanna know if the email that my husband received is the AOR that you talk about, or if is only a notification.

"Dear xxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/20 on behalf of the following member(s):

-xxxxx
-xxxxxx

"

if you can help me to know in with part of the process and what is missing
Thanks!! :D
This e-mail is the AOR - Acknowlegement of Receipt. Basically they said they received the application. The next step will be Sponsorship Approval. This is where they determine if your husband is elegible to become a sponsor. This step currently takes 16 months according to the website (but this number always chnges). If your husband is found elegible to sponsor then they will start processing your application for permanent residence (medical and background check). This step takes 10 months, according to the website, but this is not very acurate. In my case, I didn't have to wait the additional 10 months, just the 16 months.

inland2014

Aug 4, 2015
annakrystyna13 said:
This e-mail is the AOR - Acknowlegement of Receipt. Basically they said they received the application. The next step will be Sponsorship Approval. This is where they determine if your husband is elegible to become a sponsor. This step currently takes 16 months according to the website (but this number always chnges). If your husband is found elegible to sponsor then they will start processing your application for permanent residence (medical and background check). This step takes 10 months, according to the website, but this is not very acurate. In my case, I didn't have to wait the additional 10 months, just the 16 months.
Thanks for the answer,

So, it means that July 23 is the date to start counting the 16 months, and not October 20 ? :eek:

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
inland2014 said:
Thanks for the answer,

So, it means that July 23 is the date to start counting the 16 months, and not October 20 ? :eek:
Start counting in October. The July 23 date is just a date they randomly make up, often corresponding to when they got around to inputting your info into ECas.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have AIP and SA and have just sent my Medicals in last week and its now displaying as Medical received in ECas as they requested it.

How much longer do you think I have to wait until DM??

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Has anyone seen this article?
http://thebacklogdoc.blogspot.ca/2015/06/is-family-reunification-subsidizing.html

From what I've been hearing I've been lead to believe that funding was actually a problem for PR Processing, but realistically PRs generate significant revenue for CIC.
The problem is that our fees are just diverted to TFW Visa processing.

I've said it before, ridiculous.

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
When does our information usually start showing up on ecas? I've checked regularly, but it doesn't find our application.
(They received our application on November 13, 2014.)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hollywoodcory said:
When does our information usually start showing up on ecas? I've checked regularly, but it doesn't find our application.
(They received our application on November 13, 2014.)
When CIC starts to officially process your application. That can take months. First they upload the data into their system and start the various checks. Before this, your application is laying in a pile of received applications. Do note, that some officer may have looked through the file and verified whether all forms are current and in order. That's still not the official processing, rather pre-processing.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hey guys - I landed on June 22. I need to have my PR card in my hand by Sept 17th - business trip on the 20th.
I was wondering if you guys are active here on the timeline of PR card arriving in the mail?
Any help would be great. Thanks!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
Hey guys - I landed on June 22. I need to have my PR card in my hand by Sept 17th - business trip on the 20th.
I was wondering if you guys are active here on the timeline of PR card arriving in the mail?
Any help would be great. Thanks!
Taking around 3 months to come. But if you have a ticket for the travel, you can request for urgent and hope that works,