+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

shashank6590

Nov 23, 2011
Hi Everyone I have a question

I applied my application for inland in Feburary and when i checked today the status it show like this....

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor ........ on February 18, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2015.

Permanent Residence

We received ..................... application for permanent residence on February 18, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

So is it good the the spouse application is in process.How much time does it take after this status...Thanks

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
shashank6590 said:
Hi Everyone I have a question

I applied my application for inland in Feburary and when i checked today the status it show like this....

Sponsorship

We received your application to sponsor ........ on February 18, 2015.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2015.

Permanent Residence

We received ..................... application for permanent residence on February 18, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

So is it good the the spouse application is in process.How much time does it take after this status...Thanks
Mine said (for sponsorship) that it was in progress from January 2014 until now (DM)... I don't think it means anything.

But the fact that they list medical results received I think is good.

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
sophieee said:
You can't make guesses based on what the eCAS shows, it's completely random, for some it shows a "started processing..." line, for others it doesn't, for some it shows that "medicals received....", for others it doesn't....

There is a risk to leave the country even if you have the OWP, but without that the officer have more reason to be concerned. You don't have strong proof that you are on implied status and wasn't out of status and they can't know if you will receive the OWP or not. With the OWP they can see that you have legal status and you are good to work for two years, so there is not much risk letting you back. Without the OWP they can fear that if your OWP (and PR) application will be denied you won't leave the country and/or you will work illegally.
It's lessen the risk if you have the OWP, but no one can know for sure what will happen.
Thank you, Sophieee. This is so frustrating. I've got clients in Europe that are dying to work with me and I need to go to them. I'm not so concerned about the PR app. I'm just frustrated over the immediate issue of leaving/re-entering and waiting on the OWP itself. All this could have been avoided if I had actually been told I could apply outland even while living IN Canada. It makes no logical sense to do otherwise but of course it makes no logical sense to think otherwise without finding these forums. I guess I have to postpone with the hopes I get the OWP in June so I can travel with a bit more peace of mind. ARGHUGHARGHUGH!!!

Thanks again.

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
I just realized something. I've been reading up on CIC to find any new information I may have missed and it seems that I may be in a bad situation. My work permit expired Feb. 26 and I only submitted my app for an OWP under the pilot program several days before. My 90 days will be up on May 26th, in a few weeks. If my OWP does not arrive before then, does this mean that I'm ineligible for the work permit? I'm getting pretty anxious here, people. Is there some other status I should have applied for before submitting for the pilot program OWP?

Thank you in advance.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
joeschmo said:
I just realized something. I've been reading up on CIC to find any new information I may have missed and it seems that I may be in a bad situation. My work permit expired Feb. 26 and I only submitted my app for an OWP under the pilot program several days before. My 90 days will be up on May 26th, in a few weeks. If my OWP does not arrive before then, does this mean that I'm ineligible for the work permit? I'm getting pretty anxious here, people. Is there some other status I should have applied for before submitting for the pilot program OWP?

Thank you in advance.
You have implied status since Feb 26, there is no reason to worry, you did everything right.

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
Thank you, Sophiee. You're the best. I sent you a pm if you don't mind.

I heard on the phone system when trying to call CIC 19 times today that the wait time for paper submission OWP is 100 days but I could not figure out if this was for the pilot program applications. Can anyone clarify?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
One more question about my friend's Inland application as mentioned on the last page -

Once he has received his open work permit, is it easier to travel? Once he has OWP can he travel to the states to see family and come back? Are they likely to deny someone at the border who has an OWP..?

Ninazinha

May 6, 2015
Hi

I applied for common law in October 2014, I haven't heard from immigration yet. I have not even received the first letter, is this normal?

If this is not normal or you think it has been to long, what should i do?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
shashank6590 said:
@ automaton82

But my question is since the application is in 2015 so is it expected fast stage 1 approval like 4-5 months ?
The expected time for stage 1 approval is 17 months, not 4-5. Notice that they have started to process applications from 2014 and NOT 2015...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amalthea said:
One more question about my friend's Inland application as mentioned on the last page -

Once he has received his open work permit, is it easier to travel? Once he has OWP can he travel to the states to see family and come back? Are they likely to deny someone at the border who has an OWP..?
The OWP will not increase his chances of re-entry. The same caveat exists; if he is denied, his Inland application will likely be in jeopardy.

May 7, 2015
Hi!

I just have a question to the group. I plan to book for my medical this month (even though I haven't received a medical request from CIC, my AOR is April 2014 btw) but i don't have my passport coz I have it renewed last month. It will take almost 3 months for me to get my new one. Is passport the only accepted identification when you do medical exam or a government issued ID acceptable too (like ALberta ID)?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
harmonybonethugs said:
Hi!

I just have a question to the group. I plan to book for my medical this month (even though I haven't received a medical request from CIC, my AOR is April 2014 btw) but i don't have my passport coz I have it renewed last month. It will take almost 3 months for me to get my new one. Is passport the only accepted identification when you do medical exam or a government issued ID acceptable too (like ALberta ID)?

I believe that the only acceptable ID is your passport so you have to wait till you receive the new one.

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harmonybonethugs said:
Hi!

Harmony you don't need to have your passport. When I did mine in Calgary i used my Alberta driver's licence. If you are unsure you can call the specific doctor you want to go to, you can call and find out the acceptable forms of ID's.

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
Processing time was updated but.... November 13, 2013 again ??? Why??