Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
14 Feb 2014 we got SA and AIP this morning .Im out of status was facing removal , CBSA asked cic to expitidize our app but cic didn't.I don't know why maybe its b cause we were close to the normal processing .

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Blissy_78 said:
Thank you all, appreciate all the warm response...and i guess, this week couldn't be any better. Just this morning when i opened my inbox, i got another letter from CIC that says:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in CALGARY will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

I suppose this is DM? :)

Here's hoping the best for all of us!
DM! Yay! I'm so happy for you! I hope Calgary will contact you soon for your landing appointment!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow really!?!? I'm out of status also...under a exclusion order...but CBSA doesn't seem too worried about actually "Excluding" me lol...Maybe cuz my app should technically be in process soon...They received it on Jan 30th 2014...Hmm maybe its already in Process...They just haven't updated the online status yet? Think I should call to ask maybe? Anyways, congrats!! Great news!:)

Jabs 77 said:
14 Feb 2014 we got SA and AIP this morning .Im out of status was facing removal , CBSA asked cic to expitidize our app but cic didn't.I don't know why maybe its b cause we were close to the normal processing .

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me with advice.

I applied Outland, but I met someone yesterday who needs help. Badly. Unfortunately she didn't find this forum before she applied. Her husband came up from America and they obtained information about spousal PR from parliament and the CIC call centre. They told her Inland was the best and fastest way so they gave her those forms and she sent in her Inland Spousal Application on 12/20/2014

They then applied for an open work permit March 5th 2015. the folks at CIC neglected to mention that Sean needed to extend his visitor visa to be eligible so, they mailed it back May 4th 2015, asking him to pay an additional $300 to restore his status, and be granted an OWP.

I was wondering for her, if she mails it back in with the additional funds, will it be another 4 month wait for the OWP from when they receive it? Is she doing this correctly, have I led her astray? Is there any other advice I can give her? She was so confused when I talked to her, it took forever just to figure out what application she had actually filed (inland or outland), CIC really strung her along and gave her horrible misinformation. They were really relieved to have some help and advice. They told her inland approved sponsors in 62 days .. which is Outland. UGH. But I digress!!!

Anything helps, I'm so unfamiliar with the Inland process and the new OWP stuff since I applied Outland thru Ottawa. Thank you for your time!! She is so grateful for any help. CIC really gave her some terrible advice and misinformation, so she's just happy to have a better understanding of what's actually going on.

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
Jabs 77 said:

I guess, CBSA pushed CIC about your app. that's why you got SA & AIP a little earier. (jsut my guess)
Anyway, you are good! no need to worry about CBSA anymore! hope you get DM soon! ;)

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
joeschmo said:
I'm an American that applied inland in April 2014 and I had AOR in August 2014. Now when I log in to CIC I see that they have my file received notification as well as a line about my medical records also received. Is this good? Is this indicating that I could get a decision soon?

Also, my last work permit has expired and I have an application I sent in for an OWP in February under the pilot program, just before the Feb. 21 deadline for the added 100.00 fee. I need to go to Europe to get some clients together for my online business in two weeks. Should I delay till I get my OWP? I've read that if I leave the country I should take a copy of my PR application and the receipt to show I paid. I know I have no guarantees of re-entering but I never did when I was here on a closed work permit either and I never had any trouble.
Anyone?

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
60days passed without a word from them, so I doubt its CBSA I think it's a normal processing.We were supposed to here from CBSA 25th of April but nothing .Our ECAS always say received till today I just checked it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
joeschmo said:
I'm an American that applied inland in April 2014 and I had AOR in August 2014. Now when I log in to CIC I see that they have my file received notification as well as a line about my medical records also received. Is this good? Is this indicating that I could get a decision soon?

Also, my last work permit has expired and I have an application I sent in for an OWP in February under the pilot program, just before the Feb. 21 deadline for the added 100.00 fee. I need to go to Europe to get some clients together for my online business in two weeks. Should I delay till I get my OWP? I've read that if I leave the country I should take a copy of my PR application and the receipt to show I paid. I know I have no guarantees of re-entering but I never did when I was here on a closed work permit either and I never had any trouble.
You can't make guesses based on what the eCAS shows, it's completely random, for some it shows a "started processing..." line, for others it doesn't, for some it shows that "medicals received....", for others it doesn't....

There is a risk to leave the country even if you have the OWP, but without that the officer have more reason to be concerned. You don't have strong proof that you are on implied status and wasn't out of status and they can't know if you will receive the OWP or not. With the OWP they can see that you have legal status and you are good to work for two years, so there is not much risk letting you back. Without the OWP they can fear that if your OWP (and PR) application will be denied you won't leave the country and/or you will work illegally.
It's lessen the risk if you have the OWP, but no one can know for sure what will happen.

aman1986

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Hi everyone
I sponsored my husband we applied inland in July 2014 his work permit going to expire can anyone let me know how to apply ??

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Amalthea said:
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me with advice.

I applied Outland, but I met someone yesterday who needs help. Badly. Unfortunately she didn't find this forum before she applied. Her husband came up from America and they obtained information about spousal PR from parliament and the CIC call centre. They told her Inland was the best and fastest way so they gave her those forms and she sent in her Inland Spousal Application on 12/20/2014

They then applied for an open work permit March 5th 2015. the folks at CIC neglected to mention that Sean needed to extend his visitor visa to be eligible so, they mailed it back May 4th 2015, asking him to pay an additional $300 to restore his status, and be granted an OWP.

I was wondering for her, if she mails it back in with the additional funds, will it be another 4 month wait for the OWP from when they receive it? Is she doing this correctly, have I led her astray? Is there any other advice I can give her? She was so confused when I talked to her, it took forever just to figure out what application she had actually filed (inland or outland), CIC really strung her along and gave her horrible misinformation. They were really relieved to have some help and advice. They told her inland approved sponsors in 62 days .. which is Outland. UGH. But I digress!!!

Anything helps, I'm so unfamiliar with the Inland process and the new OWP stuff since I applied Outland thru Ottawa. Thank you for your time!! She is so grateful for any help. CIC really gave her some terrible advice and misinformation, so she's just happy to have a better understanding of what's actually going on.
It's hard to tell what will happen. First of all, for some people the call centre advised to first send just the restoration app and once they are back in status they can apply for OWP. It would make the process longer. Other call centre agents told people that they can send the two apps together, but who knows which agents are right. And it looks like that the OWP apps that are sent separately take longer to process than the ones that go with the PR app. So in worst case scenario it can take 3-4 months to restore his status and an other 3-4 months to get the OWP. Best case is I guess that he will get the OWP in 2-3 months.
I haven't checked the US timeline for a while, but at this point it would even worth to consider to withdraw the inland app and apply outland. But for that he first needs to get back in status. He could risk to leave Canada and come back. But yeah, there is a risk...
They can also contact their MP, they can help at least to find out if they can apply for restoration and the OWP at once.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
sophieee said:
It's hard to tell what will happen. First of all, for some people the call centre advised to first send just the restoration app and once they are back in status they can apply for OWP. It would make the process longer. Other call centre agents told people that they can send the two apps together, but who knows which agents are right. And it looks like that the OWP apps that are sent separately take longer to process than the ones that go with the PR app. So in worst case scenario it can take 3-4 months to restore his status and an other 3-4 months to get the OWP. Best case is I guess that he will get the OWP in 2-3 months.
I haven't checked the US timeline for a while, but at this point it would even worth to consider to withdraw the inland app and apply outland. But for that he first needs to get back in status. He could risk to leave Canada and come back. But yeah, there is a risk...
They can also contact their MP, they can help at least to find out if they can apply for restoration and the OWP at once.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
sophieee said:
You can't make guesses based on what the eCAS shows, it's completely random, for some it shows a "started processing..." line, for others it doesn't, for some it shows that "medicals received....", for others it doesn't....

There is a risk to leave the country even if you have the OWP, but without that the officer have more reason to be concerned. You don't have strong proof that you are on implied status and wasn't out of status and they can't know if you will receive the OWP or not. With the OWP they can see that you have legal status and you are good to work for two years, so there is not much risk letting you back. Without the OWP they can fear that if your OWP (and PR) application will be denied you won't leave the country and/or you will work illegally.
It's lessen the risk if you have the OWP, but no one can know for sure what will happen.
Mine never showed anything except application received, even after getting e-mails for AIP/SA.

However today it finally updated to say that sponsorship was complete, and then I got DM e-mail but it still hasn't updated or ever said medicals received. So I think it's fair to say it's totally unreliable.