+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
Since you applied in July 2014, you might see AIP in November, unless the processing times change between now and then...which they should.
Thank you! i hope the processing times change for better :D

KUNAL_B

Jul 3, 2014
Hey Guys

I have been reading and hooked on these forums for a long time and i would like to share our timeline.

Application Sent to CIC : June 27th 2014
Application Received On : June 30th 2014
AOR (Via Email) : March 7th 2015
Medical Test : Sent with the Application
OWP Application Sent on : Feb 16th 2015

No response on the OWP as of yet....hopefully we hear from them soon

Thanks for your time

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
KUNAL_B said:
Hey Guys

I have been reading and hooked on these forums for a long time and i would like to share our timeline.

Application Sent to CIC : June 27th 2014
Application Received On : June 30th 2014
AOR (Via Email) : March 7th 2015
Medical Test : Sent with the Application
OWP Application Sent on : Feb 16th 2015

No response on the OWP as of yet....hopefully we hear from them soon

Thanks for your time
Thanks for sharing, I've added you to the spreadsheet!

Eik2coth

Apr 12, 2015
Update: we finally received an AOR letter. However our file number still starts with XF. Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!

Eik2coth said:
We too have a question about AOR.

Here is our situation:
- We submitted an inland application in end of August 2014.
- In early November we got the package back because one of the forms that we used was outdated.
- We corrected the form in question and sent back the package about a week later. We included the original letter from CIC stating that we should resubmit, and our own letter explaining what we changed in the application.
- The application was received and we were given a temporary file number in early Jan 2015. However, we still haven't received an AOR email or a non-temporary file number.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas what could be the reason that we haven't received an AOR yet?

Thanks!

tobiaswik

Apr 29, 2015
sophieee said:
Okay, than your receiving date is November 20, 2013 (that's the date stated in the AOR email, right?).
Are you currently in Sweden? An inland applicant shouldn't leave the country, or at least not for long and not without your spouse.
No the receiving date is Jan 16. Sorry for the confusion.
And no, I'm in Canada. Haven't left the country since before I applied. Better safe then sorry! :)

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
This means that they have not yet started working on your file.

Eik2coth said:
Update: we finally received an AOR letter. However our file number still starts with XF. Does anyone know what that means?

Thanks!

Eik2coth

Apr 12, 2015
azarme09 said:
This means that they have not yet started working on your file.
Thanks for your response! My understanding is that they will only start working on it close to the 17 months mark which is the processing time for the AIP, yet I see other people on the forum who have a number starting with F early on.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tobiaswik said:
No the receiving date is Jan 16. Sorry for the confusion.
And no, I'm in Canada. Haven't left the country since before I applied. Better safe then sorry! :)
I'm also sorry for the confusion, I just couldn't get my head around your dates, because earlier you said that you sent your app in November and also said that you received the AOR in January.
The two dates in the spreadsheet:
Date Application Received according to CIC - that's usually the date that your courier confirmed you that your package was delivered, and also, if you got an AOR or able to log in to eCAS, that's the date the AOR and eCAS shows as receiving date
Date AOR Received - the day you received the email from CIC in which they confirm that on a specific date they received your application. You should receive it a couple months after you sent your package, so that's the reason I thought that you sent your app in November and got the AOR in January.
But if you say you sent it in January, I put that date on the spreadsheet :) Now I'm just missing your AOR date, but that's not so important.
Thanks again and sorry for the whole thing...

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
Hello everyone. I hope one of you can answer my query --

After I receive my OWP or after stage 1 maybe, will it be ok for me to visit the Philippines? Coz I was thinking of visiting my parents before I get busy with work. I know working in Canada will take up a lot of my time which will make it hard for me to go home and visit them.

My husband (the sponsor) and I have been thinking about this.

Thanks very much :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xxxma3dl said:
Hello everyone. I hope one of you can answer my query --

After I receive my OWP or after stage 1 maybe, will it be ok for me to visit the Philippines? Coz I was thinking of visiting my parents before I get busy with work. I know working in Canada will take up a lot of my time which will make it hard for me to go home and visit them.

My husband (the sponsor) and I have been thinking about this.

Thanks very much :)

The OWP (or even stage 1 approval/AIP) doesn't guarantee re-entry. Besides, unless you qualify under the TWOV* program, once you leave Canada you would need to apply for a brand new visitor visa. What happens if that visa is denied?! Not worth the risk, IMHO.

*http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/twov/travellers.asp

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
Ponga said:
The OWP (or even stage 1 approval/AIP) doesn't guarantee re-entry. Besides, unless you qualify under the TWOV* program, once you leave Canada you would need to apply for a brand new visitor visa. What happens if that visa is denied?! Not worth the risk, IMHO.

*http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/twov/travellers.asp
Thanks Ponga! Follow up question, can my husband be my parents' sponsor when they apply for a visitor visa so they can visit me instead?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
xxxma3dl said:
Thanks Ponga! Follow up question, can my husband be my parents' sponsor when they apply for a visitor visa so they can visit me instead?
If you are talking about letter of invitation for your parents so that they apply for visitor visa, he can. However the invitation letter would have more strength in merit if you are the one providing the letter. Your husband can be a "co-sponsor" in providing accommodation needs with you. On top of that, have the letter of invitation notarized to make it a legal binding document.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
screech339 said:
If you are talking about letter of invitation for your parents so that they apply for visitor visa, he can. However the invitation letter would have more strength in merit if you are the one providing the letter. Your husband can be a "co-sponsor" in providing accommodation needs with you. On top of that, have the letter of invitation notarized to make it a legal binding document.
Thanks screech. Yes, the letter of invitation. Can I invite them even if I am not yet a PR status holder? Say, I got a job (with OWP), but still waiting for my PR... Is this ok?

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey Inlanders :) Whos in Charge of adding people to Spreadsheet??? I'm thinking I wanna add my dates since they are slowly opening january aplications so I may see some action soon....(maybe, fingers crossed, not counting on it, but u never know lol)

here are my dates

App received January 30th 2014
AOR May 16th 2016

and thats it so far

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
VioletBlue said:
hey Inlanders :) Whos in Charge of adding people to Spreadsheet??? I'm thinking I wanna add my dates since they are slowly opening january aplications so I may see some action soon....(maybe, fingers crossed, not counting on it, but u never know lol)

here are my dates

App received January 30th 2014
AOR May 16th 2016

and thats it so far
Thanks for sharing, I've added you!