+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

yeehaw

Mar 13, 2015
My wife and I applied (she is american living in Canada) last year (May),and when I go on the wait times for how long it will still take it is saying 25 months (17 months initial assessment and they are only working on October of 2013 - and then another 8 months for medical security and background checks). So if it is true (the wait times) it will be over 3 years before she gets PR. Thankfully she did get a health card up here,so she does not have to pay USA health insurance anymore, but bank funds are running low

Also, For those of you who finally received permanent residence, How long did it take you from start to finish. Those who applied inland.
We are finding it even takes a few months just to get the visitor record updated again.

It is getting to the point where we are considering a border town marriage where we would live a few miles apart (her in USA and me in Canada) but that way both of us can work. Then we would cancel our inland application and start an outland application. Would this hurt our application process if we go this route (cancelling the inland and starting an outland)?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yeehaw said:
It is getting to the point where we are considering a border town marriage where we would live a few miles apart (her in USA and me in Canada) but that way both of us can work. Then we would cancel our inland application and start an outland application. Would this hurt our application process if we go this route (cancelling the inland and starting an outland)?
no, i don't believe so (at least i haven't seen any stories reported as such). there are a few applicants that recently did this, though they have not gotten to the approval stage for outland yet (this is not specific to them, just the timing of the applications). note that you can still withdraw and apply outland even if your wife is IN Canada as a visitor, worker or student, even using her canadian address in the application. the physical location of the applicant has nothing to do with applying outland. outland means the application is processed "abroad" - and for family class pr Ottawa is considered a visa office "abroad".

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hey all, so my partner is ganna apply for me and in the sponsors personal details form it ask for his UCI because he became a citizen after immigrating. But we have no idea where to find his UCI because it's not on his landing paper.....any help #please

b60628

Mar 11, 2015
xusagi said:
finally...

after 8 months of submitting the application, it is showing up on ecas ...

not that it contains any useful information... but at least a step forward
Hi I sent the application just a few days after you.
I am the applicant and I receive the confirmation email last August.
Today my husband receives the confirmation email too, but I still can't log into ecas.
Could you tell me how many days does it take to log into ecas after the sponsor receives the email?
And who's file do you use to log into ecas?
thank you so much~

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Hello,

Has anyone who applied for OWP under the pilot project after Dec. 22, 2014 received it already?

sugarlicious

Aug 4, 2014
vik999 said:
Would like to know the same..

Hi. I submitted my application for PR under Inland Sponsorship along with an application for OWP on december 19, 2014. My courier said it was received at the processing center on dec 23rd. No update yet until now. Still waiting. I called them and they said i should get my owp by april 23. Will keep you guys posted.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
you have to wait until CIC sends you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). I believe it's currently taking 4+ months for inland applicants to receive this.
Note that 4+ could mean forever, as some people don't get AOR at all.

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
b60628 said:
Hi I sent the application just a few days after you.
I am the applicant and I receive the confirmation email last August.
Today my husband receives the confirmation email too, but I still can't log into ecas.
Could you tell me how many days does it take to log into ecas after the sponsor receives the email?
And who's file do you use to log into ecas?
thank you so much~
That's weird, because we only received one confirmation (which is the AOR) last August. We didn't receive any additional emails from CIC.
I used the applicant's information to log into ecas and it is showing application received, meds result received.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

Has anyone who applied for OWP under the pilot project after Dec. 22, 2014 received it already?
My OWP application was received by CIC on 29th Dec 2014 (according to canada post). I haven't heard anything yet.

dchrona

Mar 14, 2015
Aqsamunir said:
Please let me know if you receive any info regarding this, as I am facing the exact situation. My husband submitted application for CSQ based on letter from CIC. Then he recieved another Mail on 13-3-15 that previous mail was sent by system's error
I will surely let you know. Please let me know what happened with your application as well.

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
dchrona said:
I will surely let you know. Please let me know what happened with your application as well.
Yeah sure.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Website finally updated. Processing October 11, 2013.
1 week of progress in 1 week.

They need to start doubling up, this 520+ day backlog has got to get cut down.

jwilcanada

Jan 19, 2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Hello,

I sent mine feb 8th, still ages away if you guys haven't heard anything. On Sophiee's timeline list the people that sent the owp application in with their PR application around the same time as me have already got their owp... guess I shouldn't have expected to get AIP by now when I sent my PR app in