+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Boudz said:
Hi folks,

I received my OWP today. I sent in an OWP application with my inland application in Nov 2014 and received an OWP for two years. The pilot program is a fantastic idea. I wish the best to all the other applicants!
I am helping my friends with their Sponsorship Application and I wanted to make sure we are paying the right fees. For the OWP, is it Work Permit (including extensions) $155 plus Open Work Permit Holder Fee $100?

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
Hi guys! Does anyone have experience or knows what happens if CIC claims that they haven't received your additional requested documents? Even though you have Canada post receipt plus signature. What happens in this case? And how can you proof it's been the requested documents and not anything else? Greetz

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
annakrystyna13 said:
I am helping my friends with their Sponsorship Application and I wanted to make sure we are paying the right fees. For the OWP, is it Work Permit (including extensions) $155 plus Open Work Permit Holder Fee $100?
I paid 155$

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
Yes, as of the 21st of February there is an additional $100 fee so the total is $255 for the open work permit with the pilot program.

New fee for open work permit applicants

A fee of $100 will be collected, also starting February 21, 2015, from open work permit applicants. This fee will be paid at the same time as the work permit processing fee and can be paid online. The fees collected will offset the cost of new initiatives to improve data collection on the role of open work permit holders in the Canadian labour market, as well as increased promotional activities to encourage open work permit holders to apply for permanent residence.

International Mobility Program streams that feature open work permits rather than employer-specific work permits include the working holiday portion of International Experience Canada, the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, spouses/common-law partners of highly-skilled foreign workers and international students, and certain foreign nationals who are already in Canada waiting for the finalization of their applications for permanent residence.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
mekima said:
So I landed today at CIC Etobicoke. It was a long wait but it was good in the end. Now am officially a PR. Thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance.
CONGRATS!!!.. I SEE YOUR TIMELINE IS FROM JUNE 2014 , DID U REQUESTED FOR FASTER PROCESSING? OR CIC PROCESSED IN NORMAL TIMEFRAME...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Jamarns said:
Yes, as of the 21st of February there is an additional $100 fee so the total is $255 for the open work permit with the pilot program.

A fee of $100 will be collected, also starting February 21, 2015, from open work permit applicants. This fee will be paid at the same time as the work permit processing fee and can be paid online. The fees collected will offset the cost of new initiatives to improve data collection on the role of open work permit holders in the Canadian labour market, as well as increased promotional activities to encourage open work permit holders to apply for permanent residence.

International Mobility Program streams that feature open work permits rather than employer-specific work permits include the working holiday portion of International Experience Canada, the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, spouses/common-law partners of highly-skilled foreign workers and international students, and certain foreign nationals who are already in Canada waiting for the finalization of their applications for permanent residence.

Does anyone know if this means that people who submitted an OWP app anytime prior to February 21, 2015 need some find some way to pay the additional $100?

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
Jamarns said:

So I paid my fees on Feb 17th but sent my application on the 24th ... wonder if they will make me pay for the extra $100...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
According to CIC call centre and Chris Day, you don't have to pay the $100 fee if your OWP was received before Feb 21. I don't know what's the case with those applications that were "in transfer" and was received after Feb 21 although was sent before it.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I see this as a great excuse for CIC to ignore any applications sent before February 21, to buy them more time for sleeping/vacation/whatever they actually do there.

As such I think I'll just pay an extra $100 somehow.

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
GustavesF said:
I see this as a great excuse for CIC to ignore any applications sent before February 21, to buy them more time for sleeping/vacation/whatever they actually do there.

As such I think I'll just pay an extra $100 somehow.
I think you are right, I will also just pay the extra $100.00. The notice is dated February 9 2015. I just wished they had put that notice in the instructions page of OWP. I didn't see anything of the sort when I was going though it.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
mahmow said:
I think you are right, I will also just pay the extra $100.00. The notice is dated February 9 2015. I just wished they had put that notice in the instructions page of OWP. I didn't see anything of the sort when I was going though it.
The instructions on the OWP page are absolutely pathetic, so that's probably why you didn't see it there.
It's far too hard for them to put some kind of payment portal right on the OWP page, detailing what you have to pay.

Although, the fees necessary for PR are even more obscured and poorly documented, so I suppose by comparison it's simple.

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
dchrona said:
Hi everyone!
We send to CIC our application for PR spousal sponsorship on Nov 5th, 2014 (my husband is sponsoring me) and on March 3, 2015 I received my OWP.
On Feb 27, 2015 we received a letter from CIC inviting us to submit an application to Immigration Quebec, since we live in Montreal, because they needed me to get my CSQ.
We immediately send in the application to Immigration Quebec but then last Friday, on March 13, 2015 we received another letter from CIC saying that we got the first CIC letter (on Feb 27) in error and we should wait for a new letter in order to apply for my CSQ.
Without that letter I can't take my CSQ and without the CSQ I can't have my health card which is very hard since I have to get some medical tests and I am not insured.
Could someone please help with their experience and tell me how long does it usually takes for CIC to send that letter? Do we have to wait for first stage approval which usually takes 17 months total?
All this process is so stressful that any answer would really help a lot in knowing what to expect...
Please let me know if you receive any info regarding this, as I am facing the exact situation. My husband submitted application for CSQ based on letter from CIC. Then he recieved another Mail on 13-3-15 that previous mail was sent by system's error

xusagi

Dec 16, 2014
finally...

after 8 months of submitting the application, it is showing up on ecas ...

not that it contains any useful information... but at least a step forward

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
binnie said:
I have sent an Inland sponsorship file. How do I get the confirmation CIC has received it.???
you have to wait until CIC sends you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). I believe it's currently taking 4+ months for inland applicants to receive this.